Fan Fiction Reopening

Hello Fellow Fan Fiction Enthusiasts! I once again have reliable access to the internet, and the ability to edit stories etc. Therefore, I am going to reopen Fan Fiction.

Fan Fiction is under full moderation: This means that once you submit a story it will only be visible to the moderators and administrators until it is approved. It also means all stories are reviewed by a moderator and are subject to editing, or deletion, at the sole discretion of the moderators and administrators.

I will make minor edits (changes) to correct grammar or spelling. I may even make small changes to make your story read a little better. I will not rewrite your story or make major changes.

If I feel your story needs more than minor editing, or if I decide not to approve it for some reason, I will contact you by private message.

I can’t emphasize enough the importance of following the general forum rules. They are posted at the head of every forum, but as a quick reminder the main ones are:

• No inappropriate language or images.
• Be considerate and respectful.
• No posting of personal contact information.
• No cheats, hacks, cracks, warez, piracy.
• No links to inappropriate images or Web sites.
• No advertisements, spam, or solicitations.
• No large or multiple signature images.
• No posting of copyrighted text or images.
• No posting of unofficial contests or games.
• No false information.

There are also a few rules that apply specifically to Fan Fiction:

• NO VIOLENCE!
This means none. You may say a villager scraped their knee or got sick, but you may not say another villager caused them to get sick or purposely hurt them in any way.
• NO SEX:
• Stories must be based on an LDW Game.
- You can say two villagers kissed, held hands, dated, gave each other gifts, got married, or had kids.
- You MAY NOT say two villagers “slept together” made love or anything of that nature.
• It is ok to take make minor variances from the game but they need to be limited in nature.
Example: It would be ok to make a character a princess if that fits your story but it is not ok to have them be a zombie princess since there are no zombies in the games.
• Stories are limited to 30 chapters in length.
(I may grant exceptions but it is strictly at my discretion)
• You may post limited screen shots or hand drawn graphics but these are normally limited to one per chapter.
• You must post a new chapter at least once every 30 days.
• Stories which appear abandoned (no new postings in at least 30 days) will be deleted (along with their comment thread).
• You may post links to pictures you post in the Fan Art forum as long as they pertain to your story
• All stories must be accompanied by a comment thread in the Fan Fiction Comments Sub Forum.
• Reader comments must be posted in the appropriate comments thread.

Here are some helpful pointers from LadyCFII pertaining to Fan Fiction Comments:
For story writers:

Post your new story as you normally would, but also post a companion comment thread in the Fan Fiction Comments forum where people can post comments for you to read. Once you have created the comment thread, post a link to it in the first chapter of your story. (For example, if your story is called The Chief and the Princess, then you would create a thread in the Fan Fiction Comments forum called The Chief and the Princess - Comments.) You can refer to some examples that have already been created to see how it works.

For stories that have multiple chapters, as most do, simply reply to your existing story thread to add new chapters. Don't forget to check the comments thread to see what people have to say about your stories. Since the Fan Fiction Comments forum will be pruned regularly, make sure to save any comments that you want to keep.

For story readers:

Whenever you want to provide a comment to a story writer, please make sure that you click on the link to the comment thread (at the beginning of the story) and make your comments there. If you forget and reply in the story thread in Fan Fiction, your comments will not appear in the thread (because of the new full moderation process) and the author will never see them.

Edited by Rockmower (03/29/15 12:46 PM)

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry