Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#237381 - 09/27/14 03:12 PM Mini games in vv
TechnoAddict Offline

I was wondering if they made a new vv or vf game they could add in mini games. Like in vv if you drag a villager to start a fire you can controll the sticks to make a fire. Or in vf you can put grocerys on the table and a mini game can pop up so you can drag the food into the fridge.

#237382 - 09/27/14 05:08 PM Re: Mini games in vv [Re: TechnoAddict]
frogboy Offline
Expert

Wouldn't something like this get repetitive over time? I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea, but in a simulation game like VV/VF where tasks like this are often repeated many times, being required to play a minigame every time might get bothersome.

#237385 - 09/28/14 08:49 PM Re: Mini games in vv [Re: frogboy]
TechnoAddict Offline

Or there could be an option to play minigames instead of being forced to

#237386 - 09/29/14 09:23 AM Re: Mini games in vv [Re: TechnoAddict]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I remember trying a game that was quite clearly a rip-off of VV - even the developers admitted it. In an attempt to make it different they included mini-games at certain points. While quite fun to play the first two or three times, they quickly got boring. Luckily the player wasn't forced to play them, so I skipped them after a while.

#237396 - 10/01/14 07:00 AM Re: Mini games in vv [Re: arnie]
ErikB Offline

Loc: Netherlands
For starting the fire maybe something like this would work:
1st time fire: mini-game in which you control sticks to light the fire. Once lit the villager carries a burning coal to a save place.
Next fires: you have the choice of playing the mini-game or picking up the coal.
You could even add an island event in which the coal is extinguished and you would need to light it from scratch (once).
Plenty of variations possible. You could for instance make it so that first some place has to be constructed to keep the coal protected... Well the guys at LDW sure have proven to be creative enough to come up with many more ideas.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter