Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 88 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#229247 - 03/17/11 05:47 AM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: VVCX]
jsweeney Offline

Loc: Tucson
This is how I solved it:

Click to reveal..
I started with one male 3 year old, three male 14 year old and one female 14 year old. I took turns with the males converting the blue masked heathens. As the blue masked and master heathens converted, I included any new male converts in the cycle of conversion. Eventually I had 10 males with at least trainee level Devotion. I choose males because I'm using Grant Youth to cycle them through a few life times to master all disciplines. I'm not using females because there is a bug when you Grant Youth to a female. When she starts nursing, her clock never runs down and she nurses for the rest of her life.

Edited by jsweeney (03/17/11 05:47 AM)

#229264 - 03/19/11 07:29 PM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: jsweeney]
VVCX Offline
Expert

Eternallöy nursing mothers-bug got fixed on new version.

#229406 - 04/06/11 01:07 AM devotion
AlexF Offline

Anyone know how to get Devotion skills? I have done all the puzzles, but my devotion died out. Several of my people have a little Devotion skill, but I cant get them to "honor", nothing works. Any ideas?

#229407 - 04/06/11 10:36 AM Re: devotion [Re: AlexF]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Assuming you've converted all the heathens, there's not really anything much you can do. You can't force villagers to "honor the statue" thereby gaining skills. They will only do it on their own, when they feel like it. All you can do is check the devotion box and hope they will improve. Those that have the most skill could be chosen
Click to reveal..
to be rejuvenated in the hope that they gain more skills over several lifetimes.

I've had the most success using the nursery. I use the retired chief as a teacher, plus others who have high devotion skills (as well as the others). Kids generally "graduate" with at least adept-level skills all round and, of course, often greater skills if they've been rejuvenated.

#229408 - 04/06/11 01:47 PM Re: devotion [Re: arnie]
IzzyJ5 Offline
Adviser

I had a girl who became a farmer. But she was always going over to the tower and honoring. I'd put her back to her job and she'd work but would just go back to the tower. So I gave up on her and played the game. Just after all my heathens were converted I noticed her as a very old lady. I was suprised when I clicked on her status because it said she was a retired chief. I didn't know someone other than the heathen chief could become a chief. I knew they could become esteemed elders but not a chief. Another delightful surprise in our VV island.

#229437 - 04/09/11 02:46 PM Re: devotion [Re: IzzyJ5]
VVCX Offline
Expert

2 chiefs is rare bug.

#236209 - 09/01/13 01:52 AM Re: devotion [Re: VVCX]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
I just got the Eternal Devotion trophy. What I did was
Click to reveal..
granting youth to a master devotee. I never thought it the other way like that, as I was trying to make a child become a devotee before turning 18!

About getting a master devotee, I got about 5 just by
Click to reveal..
converting the blue masked heathens. After converting one, just tick the devotee option on your villager's doings and he or she is going to start honoring by themselves. Once the blue heathens are converted, the only thing to do is follow arnie's advice and make a villager with devotion skills teach at the nursery

Edited by *Moonlyght* (09/01/13 01:53 AM)

#237308 - 08/06/14 02:44 PM Re: devotion [Re: *Moonlyght*]
RoseArienh Offline
Trainee

I've been working on one of my tribes pretty relentlessly, trying to see if I could make everyone a master at all skills. It's been pretty successful, and I since I started, I have had only two villagers who just would not honor. I've started with villagers who had only the lowest skill level, which took persistence and patience, but it worked.

I'm at 101 population now, and no one is currently set to parenting. I'm rejuvenating constantly, of course. My next (and last) task will be to bring everyone up to master at parenting. I'm probably about halfway there with that.

Anyway, I realize this is an old topic, and the only reason I found it is that I wondered if anyone else had done something similar. This is how I managed to teach everyone to honor (some of you were very close, but I think my way works much better).

Click to reveal..
First, and most important, have your villagers master at least three other skills. This method seems to work much better once they have other masteries under their belt, so to speak. Set your villager to Devotion, and take them to the statue. Hover them so that the Action reads: " _____ sees a magnificent statue." Set them down near the statue, but not on it. Wait, and be prepared to do the same action a few times. When the action says "nothing", leave them alone. 8 times out of 10, "nothing" will precede "honoring" - and that's what you want.

#237331 - 08/28/14 03:29 PM Re: devotion [Re: RoseArienh]
ErikB Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Hi,

I too am trying to get everybody to JOAT. So far I have a total of 110 peeps (including 11 who I allowed to die of old age). So far 68 out of them (including all the dead ones) have made it to JOAT. The other 42 all have 5 masters (so including parenting; in fact I never rejuvenate anybody before reaching master on parenting). In fact I have used your method in combination with
Click to reveal..
having them attend school with a JOAT teaching them, while both teacher and student have been set to Devotion
It is such a lot of work if you have a lot of peeps, which is why I have started to decrease population size in combination with
Click to reveal..
getting them a uniform for easy recognizing

#237334 - 08/31/14 06:00 PM Re: devotion [Re: ErikB]
RoseArienh Offline
Trainee

Two very good ideas, ErikB!

My plan did work, and I got everyone to JOAT and started all over again. I'm having more trouble, and some just won't honor at all, so I let them go on to old age and natural death. I'm now rejuvenating again, bringing the new tribe members into the fold. smile

Edited by RoseArienh (08/31/14 06:02 PM)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter