Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 180 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#229434 - 04/08/11 10:10 PM Re: Questions About The God Powers [Re: Xay]
OperaLover Offline

Yes, I did buy it elsewhere. (I didn't know you were here! I'm yours now!) Thank you so much for the info. I'll try it!

#229558 - 04/25/11 02:10 AM Re: Questions About The God Powers [Re: OperaLover]
jsweeney Offline

Loc: Tucson
I have solved all the puzzles. I have earned all the trophies. I have 105 villagers. Why is my max power only 925? What is the trick to getting 1000?

#231676 - 08/03/12 04:17 PM Re: Questions About The God Powers [Re: Zuleika]
Maddy H. Offline

Thanks i needed that chart to show me

#237294 - 07/23/14 03:14 PM Re: Questions About The God Powers [Re: Maddy H.]
ErikB Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Is there a limit to using these powers?

The other night I tried to use the bee swarm and no swarms were brought forth (even though it did drain the energy).

Today it worked again, but after a while the grant youth had no effect (other than draining the energy), the rains kept pouring down, no bee swarms appeared and even no butterflies...

Note that I use the powers a lot.

#237296 - 07/24/14 03:08 PM Re: Questions About The God Powers [Re: ErikB]
ErikB Offline

Some additional info:
This morning things were working again, but just now no more powers...

I tried to count my actions and I came to:
10 * Grant Youth
9 * Instant Bloom
10 * Sunshine
16 * Bee Swarm
Of course I may have missed one or two...

After I closed the game and relaunched at least the bee swarm was working again. Unfortunately that was all I had energy for after the failed attempts...

Look like this might be a small bug in some counter that resets on relaunch

#237302 - 07/31/14 06:01 AM Re: Questions About The God Powers [Re: ErikB]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hello ErikB. I'm sorry that you're having trouble with Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers. In order to help us understand what may be going on in your game, I'd appreciate it if you could answer a couple of questions:

- What device (or computer) are you playing the game on? (e.g. PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, etc.)
- What operating system is running on the device or computer? (e.g. Windows 7, Mac OS 10.8, iOS 7, etc)
- Where did you purchase your game? If you're not sure where, the best way to check is to look in the lower left corner of the game's Menu Screen. The place of purchase should be located after the game's version number. If, for some reason, the distributor is not shown there, you can determine that information by starting the game and watching the intro screens. The first screen is always ours (Created by Last Day of Work). If you purchased the game from another game site, a second screen will be displayed that identifies the game site where you purchased the game.
- What is the version number of your game?
- When you use the Grant Youth power, do you use it on the same villager a number of times or different villagers?
- When you use the different powers, do you use them one immediately after the other, or do you space them out?

Once we have the answers to these questions, we'll be better able to assist you. smile

#237303 - 07/31/14 03:48 PM Re: Questions About The God Powers [Re: MissKathy]
ErikB Offline

Hello MissKathy,

Thanks for responding. The issue is not really a big thing though. I simply close the game every now and then and relaunch. That way it is fine.

Still I'll try to answer your questions.
- I am playing the game on a desk top PC (purchased at a local supermarket)
- Operating system is Win 8.1
- After the version number it only states LDW (which I guess is yourself) and there is no second screen.
- Version is 1.00
- Grant youth is always on different villagers (though some have received it multiple times, I never use it before a villager turns 18 again)
-Usually I space out the powers except when I notice two things at about the same time (example: I grant youth and notice the crops are almost out) and except for the bee swarms (when the noni are low I always bring them up to 100 or above, so quite often 4 or 5 swarms in rapid succession, even before the previous swarm wears off)

Again it is not really a big deal and I completed the game anyway except for three trophies:
- All you can eat (56% completed)
- Never a dull moment (30% completed)
- Rub those sticks together (22% completed)
Also I think it funny to try and get as many peeps on Jack-of-all-Trade as possible: 30% completed (34 out of 110, including 11 dead ones). Only 6 so far that did not make esteemed elder yet (but they hold at least two masters each).
Not sure though whether I won't get bored before all this is done...

#237304 - 08/01/14 05:59 AM Re: Questions About The God Powers [Re: ErikB]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hello ErikB. Thank you so much for the additional information. smile The good news is that bug you've described was fixed in a previous update. YAY! The current version available on our website is 1.00.01. LDW.

Since you have version 1.00 with an LDW after it, it does sound like your game was purchased from us. If that's the case, all you have to do to update your game is to download and install our free trial version over your existing version. If your game was purchased elsewhere, you would need to contact that site in order to obtain the update, since installing our free trial version over it would make your game the free trial version.

For your convenience, here is the link to our current Windows version of Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers. Be sure to click the blue "Try It" button to download the free trial version.

#237332 - 08/28/14 03:40 PM Re: Questions About The God Powers [Re: MissKathy]
ErikB Offline

Thanks MissKathy.
I have been on vacation. Meanwhile I reached a point in the game where it is no longer such an issue. I only run it for short periods now and do no longer use most of the powers. Still seeing whether I can make all the trophies and still having three to go:
- All you can eat (84% completed)
- Never a dull moment (36% completed)
- Rub those sticks together (28% completed)
Also now have 68 JoaTs (61% of my entire tribe) with the other 42 on 5 masters each.

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter