Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 74 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186928 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#237244 - 06/09/14 12:42 PM My Latest Project
xman Offline
Adviser

Loc: London, England
It's been quite a long time since I've been on this forum, but I recently went back into my old VV5 game (which had been on pause for a long while) and I started writing various fictions based on my tribe. One fiction that I started recently had a premise for a potential 'VV6'.

This was the mock premise I wrote: On a day in Isola's center the villagers celebrate the finishing of a boat which a small group will use to travel up the river in hopes of making contact with the other villages across the island. As they sail up river the jungle thick shrouds out sunlight and they discover that the river splits in two directions, as they decide which way to go, one of the villagers in the boat notices what appears to be a light coming from one of the sides, it must be one of the villages. As they approach the light it seemingly disappears and suddenly the boar is caught in a ferocious current which begins to pull them into a cavern. The current leads to a large waterfall and the boat comes crashing down. As the villagers stumble from the wreckage, out of the pool of water, they uncover what appears to be an ancient civilization and realize that they have been washed into a hidden cover on the far north of the island.

With this premise in mind I actually averted the story for a while as to get an idea for the scenery I wanted to make a full scale map. I won't show the whole map yet (as it's huge) but for fun I did make this mock screenshot. The whole map is being painted by me, buildings and all with the VV5 grass texture underneath.

Click to reveal..

The jagged shadow running halfway across is supposed to represent the shadow creative by an overhang of rock. What you can see here is the food hut and fire pit/grill.

This won't actually be used for anything other than story purposes and some fake screenshots I guess, but I may just put it in game for a laugh

Just wanted to share smile

#237245 - 06/09/14 03:30 PM Re: My Latest Project [Re: xman]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
Wow! Good story so far! I miss the fan fics of the olden days, so it's good to see someone starting with them again!

#237246 - 06/09/14 11:22 PM Re: My Latest Project [Re: Nora Willow]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Since all stories must be approved, it is important for me to mention that Fan Fiction is still closed, and we do not know when or if it will be opened at any time in the future. frown
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#237247 - 06/10/14 02:23 AM Re: My Latest Project [Re: Xay]
xman Offline
Adviser

Loc: London, England
Yes I'm aware it's still closed, I wasn't planning to put them up here but I may link to them on a different website later on.

#237249 - 06/10/14 11:45 PM Re: My Latest Project [Re: xman]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
As long as the website you link to meets the Forum Rules, you're more than welcome to do so. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter