Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#237193 - 05/22/14 07:19 AM Payment glitch in VV - Origins
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Hi! First of all, I want to shower praise on what you guys did with VV1 when you made it for iOS/Android. I love, love, love their faces, hairstyles and clothing! The Golden Child's looks have also improved drastically.

What I wanted to report may actually bring LDW more profits. This is not a complaint, k?

When I decided to install and play Origins, it was partially to see what the IAP were. So, after checking them out, I paid for the double food and the double tech points. I've already played VV1 on my PC for years so wanted to get through the game quickly to be able to see all the differences.

All well and good so far. After I had completed all puzzles, I decided to start over. Now, I'm NOT complaining about "losing" what I paid for as I expected that.

Here is where the change needs to be made. After playing my new tribe for a while, I decided I wanted to pay for the doubled food again. But guess what happened when I tried to buy it again (for a completely new tribe, remember) -- it wouldn't let me! It said I already bought it. Which, yes, I did. But not for that tribe.

Anyway, I did without, and that was fine, they all survived because I paused the game for that first night, but you guys lost out on the money I was completely willing to pay.

Maybe that can be fixed?

#237195 - 05/22/14 05:22 PM Re: Payment glitch in VV - Origins [Re: Simsane]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Hi, Simsane! Thanks so much for the "praise shower!" We had a lot of fun reworking the game for iOS and Android. laugh

There are two types of in-app purchases in VV Origins, consumable and non-consumable, which are set up differently on the respective app stores and are treated differently within the game. The consumable purchases (food and tech points) are "used up" as you play through the game - the villagers eat the food, and the tech points are used to purchase higher tech levels and other in-game goodies. The non-consumable purchases (the two doublers) are permanently associated with the user account that made those purchases, and they should continue to be active even after you start a new tribe, play on another device associated with that user account, or delete and reinstall the game. Depending upon whether you're playing on iOS or Android, it may take some action on your part to "reactivate" them.

First, you should have a look at the Upgrades! section of the game and see if there's a checkmark indicating that those two doublers have already been purchased. Let us know if it's not there (and what device you're playing VV:O on).

#237198 - 05/23/14 03:29 PM Re: Payment glitch in VV - Origins [Re: LadyCFII]
Simsane Offline
Master

Hi! I'm playing on a Nook HD that has a micro SD card which turns it into a full-fledged Android. I just looked again and there isn't any check marks. I remember that after I bought the double food and double tech points while playing my first tribe, there were green check marks but not with this second tribe. Instead I see the 99 cents listed but if I try to buy it, it tells me I already have it.

How can you tell while actually playing? I know that my Master Farmers only add 7 food points for each basket of food they harvest from the crops and that my trainee and adept only add three food or four points for each basket.

I can't figure out a way to compare the differences between the levels of researchers.

Edited to add: Orange check mark? Not green? My memory is slipping, lol! Well, there definitely was a check mark after I bought them but I guess I can't remember the color. wink

Edited by Simsane (05/23/14 03:36 PM)

#237199 - 05/23/14 04:03 PM Re: Payment glitch in VV - Origins [Re: Simsane]
Simsane Offline
Master

OK, something weird just happened. I went back to the buy tech screen and decided to see what 'exactly' it said when I tried to buy the food doubler again.

This time though, as soon as I clicked on the button to go to the buy more tech points, a screen popped up saying Please wait, updating account purchases. Then I saw the normal screen with the top option being to buy the double food, etc. It still showed the 99 cent price instead of a check mark. I clicked to buy it and instead of saying I already have it, it showed me my Amazon points and or the buy with actual cash.

I didn't buy it cause my tribe no longer needs it, but that's just odd. Now it's like I never bought it. I will look at my Amazon purchases and see if there is any evidence that I bought them. Maybe I'm just completely losing it, lol!

ETA. Nope, I'm not losing it, thank goodness! laugh. It shows I bought both the food doubler and the tech point doubler on May 8th. But Amazon is now willing to sell it to me again at least, lol!

Edited by Simsane (05/23/14 04:09 PM)

#237200 - 05/23/14 04:52 PM Re: Payment glitch in VV - Origins [Re: Simsane]
Unicorn

Yes, it's a green checkmark in VV:O! Different games have different color, and I'm working on VF2 right now, which has orange checkmarks. (I've edited my post, too, after checking it). blush

The game is designed to automatically restore both the food doubler and the tech doubler, since they are non-consumable purchases. Since the game seems to "know" that you've already purchased them, look for some sparkles in the center of the research table and the food bin. I've attached a screen shot of how they look on the research table for you to compare with.

If there are no indications (other than the game telling you that you already have them), it would be very helpful to know which app store you use for your purchases and whether you have been continuously using the same user account at that store, how you started the game over (using the Start Over option on the menu, clearing the app data from settings, uninstall/reinstall) and whether or not you have installed the game on any new devices since purchasing the doublers. Also, when you first went to the upgrades screen, did you see a brief message stating that purchases had been restored? It's sometimes really, really fleeting, but it's a green message box with white text in it.

I am as interested in understanding what the problem is as you are! laugh

Attachments
Tech_Doubler.png

#237201 - 05/23/14 04:59 PM Re: Payment glitch in VV - Origins [Re: Simsane]
Unicorn

OK, I just tested this in the Amazon Appstore and I see the same thing you describe. I purchased the Tech Doubler with actual money last September using the same Amazon account that I'm using now, and I see the same thing you're seeing.

I haven't yet tried to actually follow through and complete the purchase, but I'll do that later and let you know what happens. If Amazon's app store is anything like Apple's iTunes store, it will offer to let me download it again for free. I have some pressing work to get done soon, but I will check this out and let you know what I find out.

#237202 - 05/23/14 05:25 PM Re: Payment glitch in VV - Origins [Re: LadyCFII]
Simsane Offline
Master

It's not a big deal, I just hadn't realized that the food and tech doublers were supposed to be a permanent thing. I was trying to help you guys, not cause more work. wink

I checked and neither my tech table nor my food bin are sparkling, so even though it shows that I bought them at Amazon's site it's not actually giving them to me.

Honestly, I don't remember if I cleared the App Data or whether I uninstalled and reinstalled. I don't think so, but maybe. I do occasionally do that with a game if I'm trying to fix a glitch, but I know I haven't tried it since discovering that I don't have double tech and food.

Don't worry about checking it out, it's okay even if I do have to buy it again.

#237203 - 05/23/14 05:35 PM Re: Payment glitch in VV - Origins [Re: Simsane]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
We definitely appreciate all your information, Simsane, and it definitely helps in case we see this with any other customer, we'll know how to handle it. smile Thank you!!!
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#237226 - 05/30/14 05:14 PM Re: Payment glitch in VV - Origins [Re: Xay]
Unicorn

Hi, Simsane!

We're going to have a look into this situation. I did go ahead and try to purchase the Tech Point Doubler again on my Kindle Fire HDX, and Amazon did confirm that I already owned it. However, it's still not installed on my game, so there's a problem here somewhere. frown

#237239 - 06/06/14 08:53 AM Re: Payment glitch in VV - Origins [Re: LadyCFII]
Simsane Offline
Master

Hi LadyCFII,

I ended up uninstalling it then downloading from Google Play instead. I re-purchased the double tech and food and it's now working fine. I can start a new tribe and see the sparkles and also see double food values.

That's the nice thing about a rooted Nook, I can buy from Barnes & Noble, Amazon or Google Play. smile

It's not just your games that Amazon is messing up on though. I buy Big Fish games and have paid in-app to purchase the entire game and once I uninstall and then reinstall, I am back to the trial version. Now I try to stick with Google Play due to those issues.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter