Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#237114 - 04/26/14 09:22 PM change of computers
ukseniorlady Offline
Adviser

Loc: England
Hello, I don't know if I can do anything, but, I have just bought a new computor. I have all ldw dowloads, but the oness I play daily are vv a new home an vf2. Is there a way to nove my progress over. maily the villages, I have had this runnning since it first came out and I cannot bear to start it all over.Its like I know them all and vfamilies 2 , well they have everthing now. I have tried coping and pasteing but it does not work.http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/default/cry.gif my ther computer was 32 bit win 7 and the new one is 64 bit.win 8.1

Edited by ukseniorlady (04/26/14 09:25 PM)

#237116 - 04/27/14 04:48 AM Re: change of computers [Re: ukseniorlady]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I hope this helps you!

For Virtual Villagers 1: A New Home:

Yes, the savegame files can be backed up and/or copied to another computer that's running the same version of the game.

The procedure for backing up the files is as follows:

NOTE: This procedure assumes that you are familiar with creating folders and copying files on your computer. If you are uncomfortable with such tasks, you should seek assistance from an experienced person in order to avoid the possibility of irreparable damage to your game or your computer files.
Pause each of the games in active player slots to prevent the passage of time in the game.
Quit the game
Open the folder that contains the savegame files. The savegame files for Virtual Villagers: A New Home for Windows can be found in C:\Program Files\Virtual Villagers. The files are named Isola*.ldw, where * is a number corresponding to the player slot. There is also a backup savegame file for each game slot, which is numbered 21-25.
Select all of the savegame files in that folder. Do not attempt to open the actual savegame files to prevent the possibility of corrupting them.
Copy the files to another folder of your choosing.

If you want to use the savegame files on another computer that's running Virtual Villagers: A New Home for Windows, you should copy the files to the appropriate location on the new computer.

For Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House:

NOTE: This procedure assumes that you are familiar with creating folders and copying files on your computer. If you are uncomfortable with such tasks, you should seek assistance from an experienced person in order to avoid the possibility of irreparable damage to your game or your computer files.

1) Pause each of the games in active player slots to prevent the passage of time in the game.
2) Quit the game
3) Open the folder that contains the savegame files. The savegame files for Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House for Windows can be found in \My Documents\LDW\Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House. The files are named Virtual Families 2*.ldw, where * is a number corresponding to the player slot. There is also a backup savegame file for each game slot, which are named Virtual Families 221.ldw through Virtual Families 225.ldw.
4) Select all of the savegame files in that folder. Do not attempt to open the actual savegame files to prevent the possibility of corrupting them.
5) Copy the files to another folder of your choosing.

If you later want to restore those files to your game, navigate to the folder where you stored them, select them all and copy them back into \My Documents\LDW\Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House. Note that this will replace the files that are currently being used by the game with the ones you are restoring. If you don't want to overwrite the existing files that the game is using, you should move them elsewhere or back them up prior to restoring the files that you copied earlier.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#237120 - 04/27/14 03:41 PM Re: change of computers [Re: Xay]
ukseniorlady Offline
Adviser

Thank you so much Heather. I think I know what I am doing, but you never no. I didn't use my head when I bought this new pc lol
Regards
Joan

#237186 - 05/18/14 11:11 AM Re: change of computers [Re: ukseniorlady]
ukseniorlady Offline
Adviser

hello again.. I forgot to say my new computer is windows 8.1 so it didn't work. My transfer cables has got me the VV, but I have started a new game for vf2, getting on ok with it but need more money lol

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter