Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 77 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#231456 - 06/06/12 09:33 PM I need help with food. ASAP!!
Appy Offline

Ok so my berries are completely gone and I need help with getting food! I think I can but I need to unplug the stream at the nw end of the island. How do I do that? Hurry!

#231458 - 06/07/12 01:34 AM Re: I need help with food. ASAP!! [Re: Appy]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi Appy, I'm sure you'll find this thread helpful. smile

#236988 - 03/18/14 10:56 PM Re: I need help with food. ASAP!! [Re: MissKathy]
Deanna.P Offline

K i have yet to find the info i need about growing food in the garden and how do i get tech points faster cuz i cant seem to get them fast enough my people are starving cuz my crops aint growing

Have 20 population and everybody is going to die because I can't feed them

Edited by MissKathy (03/18/14 11:52 PM)
Edit Reason: Combined consecutive posts

#236990 - 03/18/14 11:17 PM Re: I need help with food. ASAP!! [Re: Deanna.P]
Lead Tester

Hi Deanna. Are you playing on Desktop (Windows/Mac) or Mobile (iOS, Android, or Kindle fire) or both? If you're playing on Desktop, see my reply to you here. On Mobile there are In-App purchases (aka IAP's) for both Tech points and Food, as well as some other goodies. I'm mentioning it because this is the forum for Virtual Villagers Origins for iOS. smile
Click to reveal..
It's really important not to grow your tribe too quickly or else the villagers are in danger of starvation. cry
Have you checked out the Strategy Guide and Puzzle Hints yet?

Edited by MissKathy (03/19/14 12:27 AM)
Edit Reason: Added additional information

#236992 - 03/19/14 03:33 AM Re: I need help with food. ASAP!! [Re: MissKathy]
Deanna.P Offline

Ty i dont realy havethe money to buy the points wish i could but by any chanse do u knkw where i could get a redeem code thing ? I accidentally spent my text fonts on medicine instead of what I was supposed to spend it on so no my people probly gonna die cuz i just had two die

#237001 - 03/20/14 01:41 AM Re: I need help with food. ASAP!! [Re: Deanna.P]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I'm afraid that we are unable to give out redemption codes. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that may cause.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#237005 - 03/21/14 06:19 AM Re: I need help with food. ASAP!! [Re: Xay]
Deanna.P Offline

K what do i do if my people keep dieing and i dony have the pkints to move in i hve every one into a researcher yet i cant seem to get the points i need and i cant gwt them to fish with out me teching lvl 3 and i cant seem to get the points ....i cant keep them alive i had 25 now i have 15 cuz i cant tech them to fish and they all starving and i have a master doctor but she want heal them ...???:-( :-( :-( im staring to lose interest cuz i cant keep them alive any advice

#237008 - 03/22/14 12:15 AM Re: I need help with food. ASAP!! [Re: Deanna.P]
Lead Tester

Hello Deanna. smile A weakened villager is not the same as a sick villager. Doctors cannot heal weakened or starving villagers. They can only heal villagers whose action says "Not feeling well" and their status on their Details screen shows "Sick."

It sounds like your little villagers are dying because they're starving to death. cry This often occurs when the population is grown too large too soon. The initial food supplies in all VV games are limited and won't support a very large population. In Virtual Villagers 1/Virtual Villagers Origins, if you grow the population beyond about 10-12 villagers before you have an unlimited food supply (fishing), you will need to hunt mushrooms a lot to prevent starvation. 25 villagers is considered huge for a beginning tribe.

Some things you can do to help get extra food: Excerpt from My villagers are dying!! What am I doing wrong? (Virtual Villagers 3)
- Hunt mushrooms.
- Have all of your working-age villagers do research when there is no food left to harvest. This will get you much-needed tech points.
- Make sure you check what each village tech (technology) does for your tribe (click the "?" next to each Buy button). Some are more helpful than others early in the game.

As I mentioned earlier, if you're playing on iOS, Android or Amazon Kindle fire you have additional options for obtaining food and tech points. You can purchase 25,000 food for 99 cents (real money). There's also a Food Doubler for 99 cents that permanently doubles all food brought to the food bin. Tech points can also be purchased, as well as a Tech Point Doubler. To see what's available just tap the "Tech" button while in-game, then tap "Get More Tech Points." Otherwise it takes a while accumulate enough tech points to purchase level 3 Farming.

You're going to need to keep your population small until you've got enough food stored to feed everyone. You do have Level 2 Farming right? Villagers who are worried about food all the time won't be willing to do much researching.

There is a wealth of information on the LDW forums on how to grow your tribe successfully and how to solve all of the puzzles, it just takes time to look through them. smile I've already pointed you to the Guides section and a Strategy/Hints thread in a different post. There's also Village Monks Guide to VV on Easy (Spoilers). It's a step-by-step guide on how to play the desktop version of VV1 but works well for VVO as well, if you want that much information that is. smile

One last thing, it is not necessary to post the same question in multiple forums, as the same people read all of the forums and it can get very confusing for everyone when replying to duplicate posts. I went ahead and removed the duplicate posts. Thank you for your understanding. smile If you're interested, we have a Welcome to the Official Forums for Last Day of Work! on the LDW Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines page that also includes other useful posting information.

I wish you great success with your little tribe. smile

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter