Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 148 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186928 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#236994 - 03/19/14 06:31 AM Looking for News
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
Hi. I've been running in here about once a year, purely by accident - what I mean is that it seems to turn out to be about a year between each of my stop-ins here LOL, only I don't plan that.
So I came by today & I noticed that there haven't really been any new releases by LDW in ...?? Not really sure but it seems like its been a couple of years. Are they still making games?
Are they still posting here & communicating? Tried to find a Facebook page but it was just a generic description of what LDW is.
I think the reason I thought about this is because over the past decade or so I've had a lot of computers: lost one in a divorce, had one that only lived like 9 months, 1 that broke, etc. etc. and I'm always having to refer back to my old software reg codes document that I try to keep meticulous track of.
Anyway Ive been worrying a lot lately about what would happen if one day I couldn't contact a company about re-downloading my stuff. Especially from this one particular website where I've been a member & have bought roughly 150-175 games over the years... so then I thought I'd check here to find my Virtual Villagers & Fish Tycoon codes.

First I had checked my old emails & documents, but it appears that I never really had a hard, set copy of an actual set of characters that I could enter - they always had me reach their payee guys & do all this stuff where I would have a temporary code....

I get that there is the need to combat piracy & whatnot but I worry a lot lately, especially as time goes by & gaming companies fade away about what would happen. One or five or six games may not be a big deal but hundreds? Yoinks!!

#236999 - 03/20/14 01:33 AM Re: Looking for News [Re: YaelleG]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
First, you might be interested to know that Arthur very recently made a post here on the forums. Also, there's a Facebook widget to the left, unless you've used something to block it. In case you can't see it, two of our Facebook pages are Virtual Villagers and Virtual Families.

We can certainly look up your purchases, but since we will need to ask for and provide some some personal information, if you don't mind, I'd like you to go ahead and fill out a Support Request. Be sure to mention who you are on the forums in the message text box, along with as much information as you can remember, so we can find those for you. smile

LDW codes are not temporary, so you will not have a problem there. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#237009 - 03/22/14 05:38 AM Re: Looking for News [Re: Xay]
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
Oh thanks for the reply. I am going to try to get to this later today.
Totally separate question: Now that Ive picked up FWA again, I am looking for some breeding guides but not finding any in the old links that I used to use. Do you know of any that are still around? Most of my links are long gone, but the ones that I still kept are all from pages gone bye bye.

#237011 - 03/23/14 07:04 PM Re: Looking for News [Re: YaelleG]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I'm sorry, but I don't know what FWA is. eek
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#237013 - 03/24/14 05:25 AM Re: Looking for News [Re: Xay]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hello Yaelle. If you're trying to access specific pages here on the forums and you're ending up on the Portal page instead of the page that you want to go to, see this thread where LadyCFII explains what happened and provides a work around.

If you're clicking a link within a post and it's not taking you where you want to go, please copy and paste the url of the post into this thread so that we can get those links working again for everyone. Thank you so much! smile

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter