Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 120 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#236639 - 11/06/13 02:13 PM how to buy coins without being card?
PoliT Offline

Hello, good morning! I'm a few days trying to buy coins directly by the game, put my credit card and debit is the ELO, and the game does not accept ELO. There's another way to be buying without the card?

#236641 - 11/06/13 06:49 PM Re: how to buy coins without being card? [Re: PoliT]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I think you've posted this in the wrong forum. The Windows/Mac versions of the game don't have the ability to buy coins.

You buy the coins in the iOS or Android versions using iTunes or Google Play depending on which device/operating system you have. You would normally have an account already set up with them, run by Apple or Google.

Edited by Xay (01/20/15 01:42 AM)
Edit Reason: moved thread to appropriate forum

#236643 - 11/06/13 09:04 PM Re: how to buy coins without being card? [Re: arnie]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hello PoliT. Credit cards aren't the only way to purchase coins. smile You can also use gift cards.
  • For iOS devices (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad) you can use iTunes gift cards on the App Store.
  • For Android devices (phones, tablets) you can use Google Play gift cards on Google Play.
  • For Amazon Kindle Fire you can use Amazon Kindle gift cards on Amazon.
Here in the United States they are available for purchase in many stores and online. You should check the availability of gift cards in your area. smile

#237751 - 01/20/15 01:35 AM Re: how to buy coins without being card? [Re: MissKathy]
Sunset Offline

When will we be able to buy coins on the PC Windows? I like being able to buy coins on my Android.

#237752 - 01/20/15 01:43 AM Re: how to buy coins without being card? [Re: Sunset]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
We understand the desire to have those special purchases in the desktop versions of the game. However, due to the fact that there is no equivalent App Store support available for desktop games, we were unable to include those features in the desktop versions.

We have adjusted the game's internal economic system (e.g. salaries, bank interest, etc.) to compensate for the absence of In-App Purchases, and you should find that the game functions in a similar manner as the original Virtual Families game, while keeping most of the features that are available in the mobile versions.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#237753 - 01/20/15 03:03 AM Re: how to buy coins without being card? [Re: Xay]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Tyler, TX
If you play at Big Fish Games you can buy coins if you play the free to play version. Although, you can only have one file.

#237754 - 01/20/15 03:28 AM Re: how to buy coins without being card? [Re: VF_Life]

We are unable to assist with versions played or downloaded on other websites, which is why I did not mention that version. You may also find Arthur's post here helpful.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#237755 - 01/20/15 09:17 AM Re: how to buy coins without being card? [Re: Xay]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

It might be worth giving some thought to putting the Mac desktop versions of games on their App Store, which works in a similar way to the iOS App Store or Android Game Store. I know there exists a Windows Store for Win 8.x applications but have no idea if it works similarly. If nothing else it might bring LDW games to a wider public!

#237756 - 01/20/15 06:15 PM Re: how to buy coins without being card? [Re: arnie]

We do offer our games on the Mac App Store (and have for over a year) but they do not have in-app purchases.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#237757 - 01/21/15 09:18 AM Re: how to buy coins without being card? [Re: Xay]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Yes, I assume that providing IAPs would require significant coding changes. Also, since desktop machines are becoming less popular nowadays, it might not be worth your while. If Windows 10 becomes more popular next year things might change, though...

Good to know the games are on the Mac App Store; perhaps I should have searched the store before suggesting it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter