Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#236479 - 10/01/13 11:30 AM Money matters
Jotobo Offline

I don,t appear to earn any money. The only time my balance goes up is when my people get a promotion, they get a refund or sell collectables. They never seem to earn anything even though they have jobs. They don,t get any bank interest either, even though the bank indicates that they should get quite a lot. Is there something I should be doing?

#236483 - 10/03/13 10:45 PM Re: Money matters [Re: Jotobo]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
Well, first of all is it in VF or VF2?

#236488 - 10/04/13 12:50 AM Re: Money matters [Re: VV3 girl123]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

I can't remember VF, but in VF2, you don't earn interest if the game is paused while you're away. Also, your people earn money by working; it's just not always apparent.

If your people have plenty of food, leave it running overnight. You should see a noticeable increase in funds when you return the next morning smile

#236503 - 10/06/13 03:48 PM Re: Money matters [Re: JudasFm]
Jotobo Offline

Many thanks. I did leave it on overnight. Regrettably it auto switched off at some point and I just gained € 400 in that time. Still not getting the bank interest though. It is unclear about the time frame. My child has aged 1 year but It is clear that I am not getting the daily interest of € 180.

How do I change the currency symbol?

#236504 - 10/06/13 05:15 PM Re: Money matters [Re: Jotobo]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

I don't know about the currency symbol, but I remember reading recently on this forum that if you're playing on the mobile version, you don't get the bank interest. Not sure if this applies in your case (or even how accurate it is; can't remember who wrote it!) but if it's true, it would explain it :S

#236506 - 10/06/13 05:54 PM Re: Money matters [Re: JudasFm]
Jotobo Offline

I have VF 2 and it is on my iPad. So thanks for the hint about not getting bank interest. It all makes sense now. Cheers.

#236508 - 10/07/13 03:31 AM Re: Money matters [Re: Jotobo]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I'm not certain what you meant by "not getting bank interest" JudasFm, but mobile device versions start out at 1% interest. Players can purchase up to 10% additional interest in the game via in-app purchases.

Jotobo, what version of the game are you running? You can find the installed version of the game by checking the lower left corner of the game screen that comes up when you first start the game. It's the screen that contains the "Continue" button.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#236514 - 10/10/13 10:36 PM Re: Money matters [Re: Xay]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Xay
I'm not certain what you meant by "not getting bank interest" JudasFm, but mobile device versions start out at 1% interest. Players can purchase up to 10% additional interest in the game via in-app purchases.

Oops blush

Originally Posted By: MissKathy
One of the differences between the mobile and desktop versions of VF2 is the ability to make In-App purchases (the items in the Coins and More section). These purchases are only available on mobile devices[...]You will also notice that on the desktop versions your little people earn twice the amount of money than those on your mobile devices, and they earn 10% interest on their family bank account. smile

I took that to mean that the version on the mobile devices didn't earn any interest at all. Sorry; my mistake smile (I tried to correct my post, but couldn't...)

#236537 - 10/14/13 02:05 PM Re: Money matters [Re: JudasFm]
Jotobo Offline

Sorry for nor replying sooner. I am unsure what version I have. As stated I have VF 2 and it on my iPad. Since posting days ago I have made very little money. I did buy coins when I first started as my families kept dying because the house was so poor. According to my bank details I should be getting daily interest of 1% but as I have £180,000, clearly I am not getting any? I suspect the additional small amount I have gained over the last few days is just employment earnings.

#236539 - 10/14/13 05:47 PM Re: Money matters [Re: Jotobo]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I did buy coins when I first started as my families kept dying because the house was so poor.

That shouldn't affect them as long as they aren't starved. Even that takes some time - days in fact. The peeps will probably die of old age slightly earlier in the first few generations; around 50-55 perhaps, instead of 60-65. That's because they are probably not fed so well as later, when it's possible to buy better food (for more coins of course). They might also die of illness if not treated. Again, sometimes it might be that they can't afford medicines early on, but usually not to the extent that a whole series of families dies.

The bank account screen shows how much the peeps should earn each day, broken down into their wages and interest. You don't say anything about how many coins you bought or how many generations have gone by, but 180,000 coins is quite a sizeable amount.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter