Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#236391 - 09/20/13 11:24 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: austin2010a]
likalaruku Offline

It's so similar to the first game that I have the exact same peeves & likes.

They are always exhausted. I praise them for "going to sleep" & it's night & the night light is in the kid's bedroom, & I don't touch the game for another 8 hours, & still they are all exhausted.

The controls in the shop drive me nuts. I think it was intended for touch screen. If my mouse gets too close to the edge, the mouse automatically moves back to the middle of the screen, & you can;t scroll.

I actually really dislike like the generation lock; I get all of the unlocked stuff by the time they reach 40-50, & I spend the rest of the time waiting for them to just die so gen 2 can take over.

A minor nitpick is the stuff in the store; it comes in a variety of colors. It should just come in 1 & then allow you to recolor it. You have almost no choice in colors on anything. Yes, I know....Grew up on The Sims....spoiled by user created mods.

#236394 - 09/20/13 11:36 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: likalaruku]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

I take it you're using a device app rather than the game on PC/Mac? Mods are possible on the desktop version but as I understand it, the way apps are packaged on devices makes it impossible to have user mods. If you're using the desktop version, there are forum topics on this site all about making mods and letting you download mods that others have offered!

#236448 - 09/24/13 01:10 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Aviatrix]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi likalaruku. If you mostly play your game in the evening try switching day and night (in the Settings menu). Other players have found that it helps. smile

Regarding your mouse pointer issue: Make sure you have the most current version of VF2 for Desktop (version 1.1.1).

#236449 - 09/24/13 05:43 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: MissKathy]
love Offline
Trainee

Well, I have been using the red glove on them when they are snacking or heating up food and it does work. Thanks for the help on this.

#236452 - 09/24/13 04:50 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: *Moonlyght*]
pth Offline

I don't know how to cut down on illness, but if you pick up the sick family member they may give you a clue as to what is wrong. If they need an antihistamine, they will sneeze, if they need cough syrup, they will cough. If they just sort of moan in protest it's a little harder, but most of the time they need one of the first three meds. I hope this will help you cut down on the money spent on meds.

I like the idea of being able to recolor an item. Great idea!

Edited by Xay (09/24/13 09:29 PM)
Edit Reason: combined consolidated posts

#236461 - 09/26/13 03:54 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: pth]
candypanda57 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
What annoys me is when you purchase the bottled tropical rain. In VF1 you just gave it to one of the peeps and the rain started falling right away. In VF2, they have to first "deploy" the bottle in the backyard before it starts to rain. What's with that?? It seems like an unnecessary step for the peeps to have to do. The rain should just start right away. I also want to add my vote for SparkleGeekGirl's suggestion of being able to stack items in the tool tray. It's a great idea!!

#236481 - 10/02/13 10:23 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: austin2010a]
FadedLily Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Originally Posted By: austin2010a
There are only two things that really annoy me about VF2:

1. Bleed Over - Different family homes seem to bleed over to the other. Example, if I have a piano in the home of family 1, family 2 will start playing the piano even though there is no piano in their home. Also, if there is let's say a pool in the front of the home of Family 3 (for example) but the pool in in the back yard for family 2, both families will use pools in the front and back even if there is no pool for them there.

2. The Red Lines - The second thing that is really annoying is when you want to change your furniture after finishing a room. Later when you move your old furnture and want to move it back or put something else there, it is almost impossible because you get the dreaded RED LINE around the item and it will not place where you put it. Most of the time you have to move all the furniture and wall art out of that room. Log out for a while and hopefully you will get the GREEN LINES back that allow placement.

No one is discussing these things on this forum... and I am new here so maybe it is not allowed. But on several other forums... I will not mention here.... there are huge pages and pages of discussons on these very topics.

It is pretty odd no one has mentiond that on this forum so if you don't see anymore posts from me you will know the men in black came and took me away. LOL

Originally Posted By: SparkleGeekGirl
Agreed. Even if we can't do a scrolling tool tray, why can we not have duplicate items "stacked"? ie: when you buy a mango, but don't use it, and another shows up, put them both in the same slot with the object and, say, a number in the top right corner indicating how many you have available.

Also, it would be nice to be able to change outfits without losing the previous one. Even if only for the current generation.

AWESOME IDEAS! You have my vote for sure!!!

I have a feeling you must be playing a version of VF2 that was bought from a different place than this website. (The initials BF come to mind.) When you buy the game directly from LDW those glitches are no longer present. I played this game, which I love, for as long as I could stand it from that other distributor, then finally gave up and bought the game here. The change is night and day. It's up to each place that you buy the game from to make the game work with their platform (ie BF, etc). When there are updates, the same thing goes. It's not up to LDW to make the game work correctly with all the different places that sell it, each of those places have to make any changes work with their software. Hope that helps explain why no one here is talking about it, those things don't happen here.

#236482 - 10/03/13 03:32 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: mwxyz49]
Rena051104 Offline

Loc: PA
Things that annoy me in VF2... Bug hunting. Horrible luck finding them

#236484 - 10/03/13 10:47 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Rena051104]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
Same here, I only get one when
Click to reveal..
the Bug Whisperer event shows up

#236493 - 10/05/13 12:15 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: FadedLily]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: FadedLily

I have a feeling you must be playing a version of VF2 that was bought from a different place than this website. (The initials BF come to mind.) When you buy the game directly from LDW those glitches are no longer present. I played this game, which I love, for as long as I could stand it from that other distributor, then finally gave up and bought the game here. The change is night and day. It's up to each place that you buy the game from to make the game work with their platform (ie BF, etc). When there are updates, the same thing goes. It's not up to LDW to make the game work correctly with all the different places that sell it, each of those places have to make any changes work with their software. Hope that helps explain why no one here is talking about it, those things don't happen here.

FadedLily, thanks so very much for the information. No, I did not purchase my game from BF. But, I am a member of that forum. It's a very friendly place where all are warmly welcomed.

Would it be ok if I copied and pasted your post (giving you full credit of course) on that forum? I believe everyone there has a right to know if they purchase an LDW game there instead of from the LDW site it is not supported.

However, before posting there I have to wonder if your explanation is an official LDW rule. I have to say it would be pretty callous of them to say, "Sure buy our product but if you don't get it directly from us we don't care what type of experience you have."

From what I have seen here the developers really do care... otherwise they wouldn't actively read this forum, invite users to post ideas, or even host it for that matter.

By the way, you probably didn't notice that an Admin already commented on my post (back in August) when she said:

Originally Posted By: Xay
The "Bleed over" as you call it has been discussed, many times, on this forum, and is logged as a bug in the game, which we hope to fix at some point in time. I cannot say when or if that might come to pass, but there are many discussions about the various issues in the game.

But, it was nice hearing from you too.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter