Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#235379 - 06/25/13 04:26 AM A few different Questions.
ChaoticMoira Offline
Adviser

Loc: California
I have a couple questions and I searched but didn't find anything on this.

1. If I give a person one of the career magazines to boost there career. Is it worth the 300 bucks? Do they get a BIG career boost?

2. The office space upgrades. Do they DO anything for your persons career, or is it just visual (decoration)?

3. If I use the career change option in the "upgrade" menu, do I get to pick the career or is it random? Do I get several limited options, or is it like the "adoption" process in the beginning of the game where you keep "rolling" till you find what you like?

4. Again, in the "upgrade" menu, if I use the "higher learning class," do I get to pick likes and dislikes, or do I just get assigned some random ones?

Thanks to anyone who can help with any of these!

Edited by ChaoticMoira (06/25/13 04:41 AM)

#235380 - 06/25/13 05:56 AM Re: A few different Questions. [Re: ChaoticMoira]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
1. That really depends on the position of the game.
Click to reveal..
If your peep is Level 1 it will give you a boost of most or all the level. As they get more skilled its effect is less noticeable. It depends on how much money you have. If you are just starting out 300 coins is rather expensive but after a while it's not much to pay.

Click to reveal..
We are assured that career upgrades do help but I can't say I've noticed much difference.

3. and 4.
Click to reveal..
You don't get a choice, and are just assigned a random career/ like.

#235382 - 06/25/13 10:22 AM Re: A few different Questions. [Re: arnie]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
I haven't noticed much of a difference in the careers advancing faster with upgrades. With the upgrades, they seem to work slower (more things to do) and the career "points" they get don't seem to increase commensurately. With no upgrades, they get through their cycles a lot faster, hence faster level increases.

I'm trying out one family where I'm not buying any work upgrades and I'll see how soon I can get a master.

#235384 - 06/25/13 10:46 AM Re: A few different Questions. [Re: ajuma]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
Originally Posted By: ajuma
I'm trying out one family where I'm not buying any work upgrades and I'll see how soon I can get a master.
Be sure to let us know how that works out!
I find many of the kitchen upgrades unnecessary, all they do is cluttering up the workspace (don't like clutter). grin

#235386 - 06/25/13 11:52 AM Re: A few different Questions. [Re: swedane]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
My guy and his wife are both on level 5...the woman a bit lower than he is due to having 5 kids! He's 46 and it looks like he's on track to be a Master.

#235387 - 06/25/13 08:48 PM Re: A few different Questions. [Re: ajuma]
ChaoticMoira Offline
Adviser

Loc: California
Thanks, that all sucks.. Oh well.. I tried the magazine and I swear it didn't do ANYthing.. Sigh.. Well they moved along fairly quickly anyway.. I was just being impatient I guess.

#235388 - 06/25/13 09:31 PM Re: A few different Questions. [Re: ChaoticMoira]
Thandi Offline
Expert

Loc: Gallifrey
Originally Posted By: ChaoticMoira
Thanks, that all sucks.. Oh well.. I tried the magazine and I swear it didn't do ANYthing.. Sigh.. Well they moved along fairly quickly anyway.. I was just being impatient I guess.

I tried it this morning and it shot me up to level 2. Which is good because I have a single mother- a one income family.

#235442 - 06/28/13 09:10 PM Re: A few different Questions. [Re: Thandi]
Salted8 Offline
Trainee

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Thandi[/quote
because I have a single mother- a one income family.

Single Mom? How? Dad die, or did it allow you to Adopt without a daddy. And I can barely live on two incomes!! Which is partially my fault because I bought like 1000 dollors worth of Lotto tickets...and only won a bag of groceries. I could have my Kiddos Beds right now. (I have two used couched and an adults bed.) That also reminds me I need to go shopping!! ^.^

#235485 - 06/30/13 04:54 AM Re: A few different Questions. [Re: Salted8]
Thandi Offline
Expert

Loc: Gallifrey
Hi Salted,

Yes it was by way of adoption. Three were adopted. I didn't want her to get old without continuing the line because I spent real money on that house, I would hate to lose everything. So I was just securing descendants while she was rejecting unsuitable suitors smile

I have actually decided that I'll make it a tradition of adopting the first child in each family. I always get nervous when they are childless and arguing crazy

#235489 - 06/30/13 12:26 PM Re: A few different Questions. [Re: Thandi]
Salted8 Offline
Trainee

Loc: USA
How cool! And what a neat tradition. And I think I might do that because I'm only on my first generation, so when I adopted the first person, ever I was less sentimental to her. But now that I gave a daughter I might give the house to when Mommy dies and I want her to marry the right guy...plus adopting would be so cool.

Maybe a bit down the line i'l adopt when I can afford it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter