Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#233771 - 05/03/13 04:57 PM Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet?
Ptuny Offline
Adviser

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I am at a loss as to where the extra bathroom should go and what the rooms are intended for.
Will the families go to the rooms we designate for (eg) bedrooms etc? or will they continue to crash on sofas?
I would love others opinions on this please

#233773 - 05/03/13 05:00 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Ptuny]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
One of the cool features of VF2 is that you can use the rooms for anything you want. I haven't finished the whole house, but I've done the upgrades for the first three generations.

If you put in beds, they sleep in beds when they think they should sleep, but when they simply want a nap, they continue to do that on the sofa.

I put the washer and dryer in the little room that's just off of the bathroom, and my family carries laundry to it.

So, yeah, they find the stuff wherever you put it, though they'll still nap on the sofa from time to time. wink

#233774 - 05/03/13 06:08 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Corylea]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
One of the cool features of VF2 is that you can use the rooms for anything you want.
Not quite ...
Click to reveal..
There is one room that only has one possible use: the second bathroom. It comes fitted with shower and toilet, like the first one. It's the room at the top right.

#233775 - 05/03/13 07:26 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: arnie]
Ptuny Offline
Adviser

Thanks Corylea & Arnie, I was so wondering how to set them up.
I am doing very little for them other than beds and food as I am trying to amass enough coins to upgrade the whole house before I dive into decorating smile
And I can see where that will cost a bundle as well.
I am enjoying the game now. It took me a while to get used to the slower times and length I have to wait, but it is definitely more of a challenge.P/S Corylea....I am a senior and I love games, especially LDW ones smile as with them my young grandsons have their own families and I do not have to worry about the game.

#233778 - 05/03/13 10:49 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Ptuny]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
Originally Posted By: Ptuny
I am doing very little for them other than beds and food as I am trying to amass enough coins to upgrade the whole house before I dive into
decorating smile And I can see where that will cost a bundle as well.

Hi Ptuny,

I like your idea of waiting till you can afford upgrading the whole house! All those fancy items seems to distract them rather than help them do their jobs. My very first family worked their hearts out and made a bundle of money. I'm on my 3rd generation, have upgraded 4 rooms, bought plenty of furniture and all the extra conveniences. Now they're more interested in doing laundry, shredding papers and looking at stuff (the telescope), than working on their careers. shocked

I'm gonna start a new family and try it your way! laugh

#233785 - 05/04/13 12:44 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: swedane]
Corylea Offline
Expert

They aren't just machines for producing money; they're little people. I want them to have a good time while they're here, especially since their little lives are so short. wink

#233800 - 05/04/13 04:21 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Corylea]
evka8d Offline

I totally agree with you Corylea. I personally prefer decorating house over upgrading it. I don't need empty rooms in my house when I don´t have any furniture to put in. Also I don't know if it just me but my kids seems to behave a lot better when they have enough toys. In 1st generation they were jumping on the bad, tearing the books, playing in the toilet all the time and now in 3rd generation when they have room full of toys they play most of time. Of course they still go wild sometimes but not so often as before smile

#233963 - 05/11/13 10:30 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Ptuny]
swedane Offline
Master

Of course my family with two youngsters and no extra bedrooms, just had triplets!! laugh
I don't know how much longer I can stand seeing them sleeping on the porch and in the office!

Yes, I named the family in honour of Ptuny. wink

Attachments
Triplets.png

Description: Three new babies just arrived.

#234000 - 05/12/13 06:40 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: swedane]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Congrats on the triplets, swedane laugh And that head for the girls just appeared on my maid in my first game. I hadn't seen it before and I thought to myself, hmm I really like that head; hope I get it soon. I also adore the blonde head that your other little girl is sporting. Saw it via a maid too.

Personally, I've been experimenting. I have one game where I'm buying the rooms as I can afford them and decorating second. Then I have one where I bought the first two rooms, but am now focused on earning money and buying items on sale. And then I have a game where I haven't bought any rooms and only a few items on sale so literally there is a bed in the hallway :P In that game I am only splurging on career upgrades as they come.

#234005 - 05/13/13 12:12 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Princess_Atta]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
Princess Atta, I'm doing the same thing. I have one family that I limited to one kid so both parents could concentrate on their careers. I bought the first room after starting the second generation and have only bought on-sale furniture for it. I DID splurge on the laundry room though...I got tired of seeing all of those socks piled up in the bathroom! laugh

#234007 - 05/13/13 02:15 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Hahaha! Yeah, I hear you on the laundry room. The second two games aren't quite to the 3rd generation yet (almost), and I'm tempted to splurge on the laundry appliances as well.

#234016 - 05/13/13 12:56 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Princess_Atta]
swedane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: Princess_Atta
Congrats on the triplets, swedane laugh And that head for the girls just appeared on my maid in my first game. I hadn't seen it before and I thought to myself, hmm I really like that head; hope I get it soon. I also adore the blonde head that your other little girl is sporting. Saw it via a maid too.
Thanks, Princess_Atta!
Perhaps you should let the maids go and hope they'll turn up as one of your family members! wink

Originally Posted By: Princess_Atta
Personally, I've been experimenting. I have one game where I'm buying the rooms as I can afford them and decorating second. Then I have one where I bought the first two rooms, but am now focused on earning money and buying items on sale. And then I have a game where I haven't bought any rooms and only a few items on sale so literally there is a bed in the hallway :P In that game I am only splurging on career upgrades as they come.
Like you, I think its fun trying different ways of obtaining your goals. I have more fun watching the family that are crammed into the office on couches and bean bags, than the ones that has it all. laugh

#234022 - 05/13/13 06:53 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: swedane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Here's some of my family enjoying the large room that's just been rebuilt for them. smile

#234024 - 05/13/13 07:28 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: arnie]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Wow, Arnie, that room is really big! They really can have that exercise room they've been wishing for, 'cause that room is big enough to run laps in. laugh

#234025 - 05/13/13 07:33 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: arnie]
Ptuny Offline
Adviser

Thanks Swedane I am honoured LOL
I have only had one set of triplets so far, and it was with a female that did not want kids LOL
Usually I stick to one child, but inevatively I have a knock on the door and end up adopting another (I cannot say no to adoption LOL)

I had one father that was so sick all the time that I finally got fed up buying meds with precious few coins, and stopped.....he ended up being the oldest Little Person I have had so far, "poorest wage earner" but his wife made it to Master level (8) and was the best so far.
go figure.
I have found that holding out for the better wage earners for a mate really pays off.
Buying organics as soon as possible (even though they are pricier) gives them more energy, better lives and longer lives as well with less sickness, so even though you have minimal money it is by far a better buy.
Any furniture I have was initially bought from the flea market/sale items, and now I am up grading them bit by bit.
A wise investment is purchasing the work site up-grades before anything else. Really seems to help.
My original family is in the sixth generation and I still have two rooms to complete.
And finally the happiness level is not totally dependent on the furnishings.
I found that by buying a childs swimming pool and taking the whole family for a swim in it, really works wonders for them LOL
(And yes the adults actually swim/float in it)
Arnie, Good for you! Those are the two rooms I am waiting to finish with my first family.
I am at different stages with every family and find the variety of ways to play is astounding.

#234029 - 05/13/13 08:20 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Ptuny]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Wow, good job on that huge room! I'm almost to the point of getting those rooms in my first home so that's super exciting! I'm personally a huge fan of wide open floor plans with lots of free floor space since I'm slightly claustrophobic so this really excites me!!!

#234055 - 05/15/13 05:13 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
bendicion Offline

how did you get 3 baby ???????????? im new with the game please help me

#234057 - 05/15/13 06:22 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: bendicion]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

You can have up to six babies provided you buy the game. The trial is limited to one baby (and one generation).

When that picture was taken the rest of the family was elsewhere in the house; mother, father and six kids in all. Only one child is left now as the rest have gone to college. He's 17 so will soon be leaving as well. frown

#234058 - 05/15/13 08:09 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: arnie]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
Arnie-Can you show us a picture of the whole finished house? Is there already a picture of that on here? If so, LINK PLEASE!

#234060 - 05/15/13 09:24 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: vfam2player]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: vfam2player
Can you show us a picture of the whole finished house?

Okay, spoiler here. Don't click unless you WANT spoilers:

Click to reveal..

#234072 - 05/16/13 08:58 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Corylea]
ajuma Offline
Master

Wow Corylea! Did you move all of the furniture out to show us the screen shot with it empty??

I recently upgraded the middle room and the next item of furniture on sale was a piano. I bought it and now my peeps go and play it!

#234081 - 05/16/13 01:34 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I don't think Corylea took a screen shot. It's not possible to include all the house and garden in one picture. I imagine she made it the same way as I did in the version I posted in the Fan Art Forum a month ago, by fitting together the parts of the map from the images folder on her PC.

#234084 - 05/16/13 05:34 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: arnie]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: arnie
I don't think Corylea took a screen shot. It's not possible to include all the house and garden in one picture. I imagine she made it the same way as I did in the version I posted in the Fan Art Forum a month ago, by fitting together the parts of the map from the images folder on her PC.

Exactly so.

For one thing, I haven't upgraded the last room yet. For another thing, I've recolored three of the rooms, so screenshots of my game wouldn't look like the regular game, since they've been modded.

Sorry, Arnie, I didn't realize you'd already posted a picture -- I don't usually read the Fan Art section -- or I'd have linked to yours.

#234089 - 05/16/13 07:37 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: swedane]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

I had those girls, but twins. In my 27 generations I've had 5 sets on twins, (my people just had one set this morning laugh!) and 1 set of triplets. Is there a way to GET twins/triplets?

#234090 - 05/16/13 07:40 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Corylea]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

WOW Corylea! That's cool! laugh The post directly above this is for the post with the triplets... off topic I know.....

#234094 - 05/16/13 09:30 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: vfam2player]
candypanda57 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Ajuma, I was just curious as to which piano you bought? I was thinking of getting the grand piano once I have the the whole house upgraded. For right now I just get an occasional career upgrade as I can afford them.

#234111 - 05/17/13 02:35 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: candypanda57]
ajuma Offline
Master

It was the upright. I think it was $4,400 on sale. That family has a lot of money because at the beginning, I didn't upgrade anything. In fact, I didn't buy anything but the $20 groceries and medicine until I had over $50,000.

#234117 - 05/17/13 03:58 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
candypanda57 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Thanks Ajuma! Unfortunately I've never had a piano come on sale in my game. I'm only playing with one family right now. I have only 2 more rooms to upgrade and then I can concentrate on decorating as my peeps make money. I did splurge and get beds and dressers for my kid's rooms. So those two rooms are done already - unless I decide to change them later on. smile

Edited by candypanda57 (05/17/13 03:59 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling error

#234126 - 05/17/13 12:19 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: candypanda57]
ajuma Offline
Master

I'm a sucker for the "On Sale" items. I just bought a play house! Sheesh...I'll never get all of my rooms upgraded at this rate! smile

#234247 - 05/21/13 06:13 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
Flowergirl77 Offline

I am very excited that I finally have been able to finish upgrades AND get some good looking furniture. Would love to share. Can anyone tell me how? smile

#234248 - 05/21/13 06:24 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Flowergirl77]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

This post explains how to take a screen shot and how to post the picture to the forums.

#234267 - 05/22/13 12:09 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: ajuma
I'm a sucker for the "On Sale" items. I just bought a play house! Sheesh...I'll never get all of my rooms upgraded at this rate! smile

Ooh! The play house! To celebrate accumulating a little over 200,000 coins in my 6th gen of my first game, I was thinking about buying a few things/upgrading a room or two and the playhouse is one of them. Would you recommend it? Is it interactive? (I'm slightly bummed that some of the items we can buy aren't really interactive - like the dining room tables that my peeps refuse to sit at :/)

#234273 - 05/22/13 12:58 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Princess_Atta]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

Loc: Colorado
Hi Princess Atta,

If you have not bought the car do it. They kids love it and I always knew where they are becuase I can hear them saying 'Vroom Vroom" as they play in the back yard.

I am wondering about the Carousel. Is it interactive?

#234293 - 05/23/13 01:49 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Mayfly]
Ptuny Offline
Adviser

The play house is great!
What I did was buy a kiddies pool and place the playhouse just so the slide ends above the water in the pool.
The kids play under the house climb the stairs disappear inside and kind of run down and land in the poo'l swimming, they will do this quite a bit....I love the playhouse (and yep the car is great as well)

Edited by Ptuny (05/23/13 01:58 AM)

#234294 - 05/23/13 01:52 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Ptuny]
ajuma Offline
Master

The Carousel isn't exactly interactive. It plays music when you click on it, but the kids can't play on it. I ended up putting it back in the decorator tray because it takes up a lot of room.

I love the Playhouse too! It really keeps the kids happy for a long time. If you have some naughty kids, it keeps them out of trouble!

And Ptuny, that's a great idea about the pool!!!

#234309 - 05/23/13 11:26 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

Loc: Colorado
Thanks, For the update I will save for the play house.

#234310 - 05/23/13 12:44 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Mayfly]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

The kids seem to like playing with the model railway as well. Unlike Real Life, the father seems totally uninterested. Even if I drop him on top of it he will ignore it.

#234344 - 05/23/13 07:51 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
Omochao Offline
Adviser

Loc: Nowhere
I'm far away from "Fully furnished"! I'm saving my money to buy the room renovations so I actually HAVE room for new decor.

#234403 - 05/24/13 05:58 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: arnie]
Thandi Offline
Expert

Loc: Gallifrey
Buy the game? I didn't think vf2 had a buying option, I only see the free version on my google play frown I don't want to lose my family.

#234404 - 05/24/13 06:04 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Thandi]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

The Android and iOS versions of the game are free, but the Windows and Mac OS versions cost money.

#234408 - 05/24/13 08:52 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: arnie]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: arnie
Unlike Real Life, the father seems totally uninterested. Even if I drop him on top of it he will ignore it.

Hee! It's true, all the guys I've known in real life would be very happy to play with a train. grin

#234409 - 05/24/13 10:03 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: arnie]
ajuma Offline
Master

I've finally accumulated enough money and have renovated all of the rooms. Now I just have to decorate.

Any suggestions for the smaller rooms? The large one on the top left is obviously the living room, and the ones with the carpets the bedrooms (although I guess other rooms could be bedrooms).

How are you setting up the rooms? Now that I have over $100,000, the money is coming fast and I have no idea what to do with them!

#234419 - 05/24/13 03:14 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: arnie]
Livvy Offline
Trainee

My house is fully furnished. Took me awhile haha.. The playhouse is great! And the pool is really fun too. That's such a great idea to have the slide lead to the pool! I do wish the carousel was interactive and that they could eat at the store-bought dining room tables. Btw, I like the sandbox too wink

#234420 - 05/24/13 03:23 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
Livvy Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: ajuma
I've finally accumulated enough money and have renovated all of the rooms. Now I just have to decorate.

Any suggestions for the smaller rooms? The large one on the top left is obviously the living room, and the ones with the carpets the bedrooms (although I guess other rooms could be bedrooms).

How are you setting up the rooms? Now that I have over $100,000, the money is coming fast and I have no idea what to do with them!

I set the big room up as the living room smile and the grey room off the first bathroom is the laundry room. I use the small-ish room to the left of the second bathroom as a game room (full of beanbags, air hockey, pool table, etc.) . And the room in the middle (in between the green bedroom & the striped bedroom) I set up as a playroom, when the kids are little. When they are teens or they go to college, I use it as a workout room. Hope that helps smile

#234423 - 05/24/13 06:33 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Livvy]
Corylea Offline
Expert

That sounds like a nice arrangement, Livvy.

I actually scatter the toys all through the house, because when one of the children is playing, they go from toy to toy, and having to walk through the whole house means that it takes them longer to play, which gives them less time to jump on the bed. wink

#234441 - 05/24/13 09:11 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Corylea]
Livvy Offline
Trainee

That's a really good idea Corylea! smile

#234455 - 05/25/13 02:42 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Livvy]
ajuma Offline
Master

Good ideas Corylea and Livvy!

#234521 - 05/26/13 02:51 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
I thought I'd share my 2 favorite rooms: The Master bedroom and the children's playroom. smile

Attachments
masterBedroom.jpg

Description: Master bedroom

playroom.jpg

Description: Children's playroom

#234525 - 05/26/13 03:21 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: MissKathy]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

shocked I bow down to your decorating skills! The children's playroom is especially amazing! Looks like a little in home daycare/preschool! Connected to the bathroom and everything.

#234531 - 05/26/13 02:40 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Princess_Atta]
ajuma Offline
Master

Wow! That's really cool Miss Kathy! Out of curiosity, which room(s) do you use for the kids bedroom(s)? And do you have the fireplace or the piano? I couldn't resist either one of them!

Oh! And I LOVE what you did with the first bathroom! I'll be keeping that in mind!

#234565 - 05/27/13 09:28 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

How do you peole get so much money? I have $10,925. What I do is make them work non-stop, and not buy anything but food and medicine. My people never break rank 3 on their careers! WHY??

#234578 - 05/28/13 12:17 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
Lead Tester

Thanks Princess_Atta and ajuma! laugh When the blue bedroom is the playroom I use the green bedroom and sometimes the large central room (above the kitchen) for the kids to sleep in (depending on how many kids I have). All of my families have different room arrangements.

@ ajuma: I have both! I couldn't resist either! LOL! I got the idea to use the different colored soaps for decorating from one of *Moonlyght*'s mods for the original Virtual Families. She placed colorful objects on top of the collectibles cabinet.

#234632 - 05/29/13 05:30 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: MissKathy]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Here are a couple of screens of my house in my first game. (With some mods in use obviously.)

I know I have 7 single beds when really only 6 are needed. But since they sleep anywhere they feel like anyhow, I figured I'd give them an extra option... Or if I'm being honest, one of the rooms just felt incomplete without the extra bed so I added it.

As you can see, I'm more into design than practicality lol. Oh and books. Lots and lots of books. I have 4 bookcases in place and 2 more in storage with an idea of where I want them to go lol. I swear my little peeps are almost always reading.

Another note, the large room and the green bedroom are incomplete so the little that you see isn't all there will be to them in the end lol. Like the green room I'm likely going to mod here soon.

#234634 - 05/29/13 05:39 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Princess_Atta]
Lead Tester

Oooooh NICE! Someone has been busy modding! laugh

#234635 - 05/29/13 06:12 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: MissKathy]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Thank you! And yes, modding is pretty much the only thing I did in my spare time last night and this afternoon grin

#234647 - 05/29/13 01:12 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Princess_Atta]
ajuma Offline
Master

I'm in awe Princess...and Miss Kathy! Are those mods available for us poor people who've tried modding and failed? (using a "begging on bended knee" icon here!)

#234660 - 05/29/13 07:58 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Aww thank you! Two of the mods are from Corylea and Swedane (and blended w/ my own mods). I'm just getting the kinks out of my mods and then I plan on sharing them for anyone interested smile Hopefully by the end of the weekend.

#234664 - 05/29/13 08:27 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Princess_Atta]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

What is a "mod" and how do you do it?

#234667 - 05/29/13 09:33 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: vfam2player]
bethlham Offline
Guru

A mod is a modification to the game, typically the images. GIMP is a popular modifying program and has free downloads. Before you start be sure to back up your original files. smile

#234674 - 05/29/13 10:42 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: bethlham]
mappam Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Florida, USA
Is there a 'tutorial' on modding?

I remember that I modded (sp? looks funny?) the first Virtual Family - but can't for the life of me remember how I did it! I also modded a few thing in the Villager games.

Thanks for any info = where the files are and how to access them to change color etc?

I live in my own little world - I like it there - Everyone knows me.

#234675 - 05/29/13 10:53 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: mappam]
bethlham Offline
Guru

You can find a nice tutorial here: mod tutorial . It is in the forums mod section in Virtual Families. smile

#234685 - 05/30/13 05:40 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: mappam]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

The Virtual Families Mods forum has some tutorials that you can use. The games are so similar that they apply to VF2 as well, although modding the rooms should be easier since the 'rebuilt' rooms are empty
Click to reveal..
(apart from the second bathroom).

If you are using Windows and the game is installed at the default location the files will be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Virtual Families 2\Images. Remember to back up your files before starting anything!

#234686 - 05/30/13 07:53 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: arnie]
ajuma Offline
Master

Does anyone have pics of the yard? And what happens if you fill up your yard with stuff. Do the collection items still show up? I have a hammock, big swimming pool, kids pool, the car, some toys and the playhouse! The yard is getting really crowded!

#234690 - 05/30/13 09:46 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Yes, that happened with VF1 as well. wink

I've got all those things you mention out in my yard, plus the sand box and the trampoline as well.

The collectibles still show up but sometimes they are partly underneath some of the "furniture" - I'd guess that sometimes they spawn in positions that are completely hidden so we don't see them. In a similar way, socks, wrappers and spots sometimes appear underneath furniture indoors and they're not found unless the furniture is moved (rather like Real Life!).

#234786 - 06/03/13 01:45 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: arnie]
A Terri Offline

I have enjoyed reading this topic seeing what others have done with their blank canvas

Here hopefully is my Warm and Tranquil Fish Room

Attachments
Warm and Tranquil with Fish Tanks.gif

#234794 - 06/03/13 04:08 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: A Terri]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

A Terri, that looks great! grin

I've had a couple of dinosaur bone collectibles spawn at the edge of the swimming pool. Each time the peep I dropped to collect it went right through and landed in the water! laugh The second time it was a rare piece that I hadn't found before. You may have noticed that with new fossil items the peeps take a little longer to dig them up. In this case she disappeared from view completely (not even her head was showing) for 30 seconds or so; I got quite worried!

#234802 - 06/03/13 09:13 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: arnie]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

That is a very calming room. I like it! laugh

#234825 - 06/04/13 03:03 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: A Terri]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Is the rug a mod?

#234831 - 06/04/13 05:34 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: bethlham]
A Terri Offline

Thank You for your Kind Comments.

Yes the Rug is a Mod. I also changed the table and put up the fish poster.

I have made a couple of other Mods and will attempt to post some of them today. I am a real self taught beginner with Photoshop so not all is perfect I have done my best.

one of the things I loved about playing VF1 was making different Houses and used most of the Mods that had been posted.

To day the Gold Entertainment Room came together see below

Attachments
Goldie screenshot Gif.gif

#234848 - 06/04/13 10:33 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: A Terri]
swedane Offline
Master

What an excellent looking entertainment room you've made! Love your gold wallpaper & rug.

Kids & adults seam to prefer sitting on the back of furniture rather than the actually seat. Too funny... laugh

#234858 - 06/05/13 04:43 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: swedane]
ajuma Offline
Master

I've realized that decorating is not my strong suit! I'm so happy to have all of these great ideas...modded and regular. I'll be copying a bunch of them!

#236281 - 09/08/13 08:26 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

These a few pics of my rooms. Many thanks to the Modders.

Attachments
VF2 Bedroom Office.JPG

VF2 BigRoom.JPG

VF2 Brown Room.JPG

#236316 - 09/13/13 01:16 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: mrspockfan]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

mrspockfan can you tell me where you got that brown rug in your office? It's awesome. I thought I had all the VF2 mods but I haven't seen that one.

I love your house... beautifully decorated!

#236324 - 09/13/13 06:17 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: austin2010a]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

It's not a mod, it's in the store, under "Living Room". It's described as a "Modern Oriental Rug".

Attachments
Capture.JPG

Description: Modern Oriental Rug

Capture2.JPG

Description: Two rugs in one of my games

#236327 - 09/13/13 08:39 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: austin2010a]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: austin2010a
mrspockfan can you tell me where you got that brown rug in your office? It's awesome. I thought I had all the VF2 mods but I haven't seen that one.

I love your house... beautifully decorated!

Thanks for the compliment. As Arnie said you can find the rug in the store. I keep redecorating now that I have some money, it's such fun trying to come up with new ideas.

#236333 - 09/14/13 04:31 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: mrspockfan]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

OMG! Arnie and mrspockfan thank you sooooooooooo much. I can't believe after all this time I have been overlooking that item in the store. I am going to buy one as soon as I get home. In fact, I may buy a few for each of my families. Weeeeeeeeee re-decorating time!

PS Arnie your house looks great. I had not thought of using that middle room for an excersize room. Great idea. Mine is next to the second bathroom. I use all my middle rooms for the pool table.

Edited by austin2010a (09/14/13 04:34 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#236344 - 09/15/13 05:26 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: austin2010a]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

Austin,

I'm looking forward to seeing your house.

#236354 - 09/16/13 10:35 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: mrspockfan]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

I got the rug! Yaaaayyy and I love it.

Here are a few other views of this house. Their 3 kids are all off to college so they get to have the house all to themselves for a while. They hardly ever got to use the treadmill before because the kids were always on it. lol

Attachments
rug.jpg

rug2.jpg

rug3.jpg

Edited by austin2010a (09/16/13 10:40 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#236355 - 09/16/13 03:42 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: austin2010a]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Ooh! A treadmill each! That's dedication to fitness! smile

#236358 - 09/16/13 10:51 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: arnie]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

I love the idea of the paintings as a wall, clever. Nicely decorated Austin.

#236376 - 09/18/13 10:26 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: mrspockfan]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Thanks mrspockfan. I have another house where I used mirrors to make the wall. I don't have pictures of that house yet.

LOL Arnie. I was thinking of putting in 3 tredmills but maybe that would be too many.

#236389 - 09/20/13 06:39 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: austin2010a]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

And now for something completely different!

I just started a new family, so of course they don't have a finished and decorated home. Some time ago I started a mod for a park bench and put it on the Starter couch, so that's what this family got when they started out. And they're still too poor to afford a bed. The end result of all this is something just shy of homeless:

#236397 - 09/21/13 01:34 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Aviatrix]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

Aviatrix,

That bench is perfect for my front porch and yard. Have you given any thought to putting in the mods forum,hmmmm, pretty please eek

#236409 - 09/21/13 05:37 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: mrspockfan]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Well, since it's YOU that asked...

It's not ready. The family sacked on on the bench hides a pretty serious warp in the seat part. In addition, sofas have 4-count-em-four views, and since I was dumb enough to put the LDW initials into the wrought iron, I have to render that at least 2 ways. I'm going to deconstruct what I have and rebuild the bench from parts, and then you'll be the first to know! cool

I do have some very nice papasan chairs that are ready to go and will upload them, maybe today. They replace the beanbags.

#236411 - 09/21/13 06:05 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Aviatrix]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

Avi,

My heroine. You have always been so very helpful, I truely appreciate it. My Thanks.

P.S. Finally started two new families and the rock certificate is in the Flea Market for one of them. I have 1183 in the bank and working the husband really hard to get it before the turnover. Wish I hadn't made the wife have the baby at the beginning.. we'll see.

#236412 - 09/21/13 08:41 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: mrspockfan]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

The baby gave you 25 coins, I think. Do you know how to save your game? Get as many coins as you can (look at the trophies for ideas!) and then save the game and hit the lottery tickets. Maybe you'll be luckier than I was in the same situation. I didn't save the game first so I just went home a broke gambler!

#236418 - 09/22/13 12:25 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Aviatrix]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

I got lucky, but I needed to sell the used couch for $18 to get the certificate. I remembered to save the game.
Love the papasan chairs, so many colors, I can't decide, so I'm playing with a few. See pics. Thanks again.

Attachments
VF2 Papasan Chairs2.JPG

VF2 Papasan Chairs3.JPG

#236419 - 09/22/13 02:20 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: mrspockfan]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Thanks for the pix, they look really cool in your scenes. They do have two slightly different orientations and it looks like yours are all facing the same way. How can I tell? The way the peeps sit on them!

Congrats on that Rockhound certificate!

#236429 - 09/22/13 08:06 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: austin2010a]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Aviatrix the chairs are AWESOME. I have to go and get them RIGHT AWAY. I was waiting for the bench too. But, these are fantastic!

mrspockfan thanks for posting the pictures and for having the smarts to speak up and ask for the bench.

I got them. Weeeeeeeeeeeee! And it looks like I am not the only one who enjoys them... Emma took one look at them and had to take a nap on one. Thanks so very much Aviatrix for making these awesome chairs.

Attachments
chair.jpg

#236548 - 10/16/13 02:49 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: austin2010a]
CasiBK Offline

This is my favorite room: the gold fireplace library.

#237032 - 03/29/14 11:16 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ajuma]
Hailey_P Offline

I have gotten so many great ideas from all of you!! But I still have no idea what to do with my master bedroom. Anybody have any ideas?? Thank you so much!!

#237947 - 02/13/15 07:18 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: mappam]
Goat4421 Offline
Adviser

Yes, here are a few screen shots.

More here.

#237970 - 02/20/15 02:23 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: mappam]
ShadowMist Offline

Loc: Cumbria
Well at the moment I have 26,000+ coins as I've just finished renovating my house smile but since I started playing again I've been mastering all careers which has enabled me to get it done really quickly so I can save up now and only buy food and medicine smile

Shouldn't take long smile hopefully

#238049 - 03/16/15 02:27 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: ShadowMist]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
It's been a while that I was here in the Forum. Thanks for all these pics - I am very impressed. Beautiful mods!!!

#240828 - 09/18/16 11:21 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Candy_63]
GamerGirlSam Offline
Trainee

Loc: California
I have all the rooms. I made the large north room a kid's bedroom. The west room is a playroom. The bedroom # 1 is a guest room (kind of pointless, though). Bedroom # 2 is the master bedroom. The large, central room is the living room. The large north room is an exercise room, and the west auxiliary room is a laundry room. I wish I could share photos, but I don't know how.

#240954 - 10/28/16 10:50 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: GamerGirlSam]
GamerGirlSam Offline
Trainee

Loc: California
Here we go. I could only find two images on my computer since the last post, but one was too big. So I just put the other picture.
This is the large north room. I made it into a room for the kids. It has a pinball machine, slot machine, a kid's sofa, and kid's chairs. Here it is. Praying this works...

Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg

#241357 - 03/21/17 03:52 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Flowergirl77]
corrine Offline

Loc: Manitoba
I have a question I hope you can help with, I finished all the upgrades and started to buy new furniture, but my family won't sit on the new couch or sleep in the new bed

#241358 - 03/22/17 02:50 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: corrine]
Veggies Offline

They don't use some of the furniture. Which couch and bed did you buy? It also makes a difference which version of the game you play.

#241923 - 01/19/18 06:42 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Veggies]
Cia Offline

Wow! Those pics are amazing! I'm still in my 3rd generation, so I have a long way to go!! But I LOVE this game!!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter