Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#233771 - 05/03/13 04:57 PM Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet?
Ptuny Offline
Adviser

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I am at a loss as to where the extra bathroom should go and what the rooms are intended for.
Will the families go to the rooms we designate for (eg) bedrooms etc? or will they continue to crash on sofas?
I would love others opinions on this please

#233773 - 05/03/13 05:00 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Ptuny]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
One of the cool features of VF2 is that you can use the rooms for anything you want. I haven't finished the whole house, but I've done the upgrades for the first three generations.

If you put in beds, they sleep in beds when they think they should sleep, but when they simply want a nap, they continue to do that on the sofa.

I put the washer and dryer in the little room that's just off of the bathroom, and my family carries laundry to it.

So, yeah, they find the stuff wherever you put it, though they'll still nap on the sofa from time to time. wink

#233774 - 05/03/13 06:08 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Corylea]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
One of the cool features of VF2 is that you can use the rooms for anything you want.
Not quite ...
Click to reveal..
There is one room that only has one possible use: the second bathroom. It comes fitted with shower and toilet, like the first one. It's the room at the top right.

#233775 - 05/03/13 07:26 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: arnie]
Ptuny Offline
Adviser

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Thanks Corylea & Arnie, I was so wondering how to set them up.
I am doing very little for them other than beds and food as I am trying to amass enough coins to upgrade the whole house before I dive into decorating smile
And I can see where that will cost a bundle as well.
I am enjoying the game now. It took me a while to get used to the slower times and length I have to wait, but it is definitely more of a challenge.P/S Corylea....I am a senior and I love games, especially LDW ones smile as with them my young grandsons have their own families and I do not have to worry about the game.

#233778 - 05/03/13 10:49 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Ptuny]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
Originally Posted By: Ptuny
I am doing very little for them other than beds and food as I am trying to amass enough coins to upgrade the whole house before I dive into
decorating smile And I can see where that will cost a bundle as well.

Hi Ptuny,

I like your idea of waiting till you can afford upgrading the whole house! All those fancy items seems to distract them rather than help them do their jobs. My very first family worked their hearts out and made a bundle of money. I'm on my 3rd generation, have upgraded 4 rooms, bought plenty of furniture and all the extra conveniences. Now they're more interested in doing laundry, shredding papers and looking at stuff (the telescope), than working on their careers. shocked

I'm gonna start a new family and try it your way! laugh

#233785 - 05/04/13 12:44 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: swedane]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
They aren't just machines for producing money; they're little people. I want them to have a good time while they're here, especially since their little lives are so short. wink

#233800 - 05/04/13 04:21 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Corylea]
evka8d Offline

I totally agree with you Corylea. I personally prefer decorating house over upgrading it. I don't need empty rooms in my house when I don´t have any furniture to put in. Also I don't know if it just me but my kids seems to behave a lot better when they have enough toys. In 1st generation they were jumping on the bad, tearing the books, playing in the toilet all the time and now in 3rd generation when they have room full of toys they play most of time. Of course they still go wild sometimes but not so often as before smile

#233963 - 05/11/13 10:30 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Ptuny]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
Of course my family with two youngsters and no extra bedrooms, just had triplets!! laugh
I don't know how much longer I can stand seeing them sleeping on the porch and in the office!

Yes, I named the family in honour of Ptuny. wink

Attachments
Triplets.png

Description: Three new babies just arrived.

#234000 - 05/12/13 06:40 PM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: swedane]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Congrats on the triplets, swedane laugh And that head for the girls just appeared on my maid in my first game. I hadn't seen it before and I thought to myself, hmm I really like that head; hope I get it soon. I also adore the blonde head that your other little girl is sporting. Saw it via a maid too.

Personally, I've been experimenting. I have one game where I'm buying the rooms as I can afford them and decorating second. Then I have one where I bought the first two rooms, but am now focused on earning money and buying items on sale. And then I have a game where I haven't bought any rooms and only a few items on sale so literally there is a bed in the hallway :P In that game I am only splurging on career upgrades as they come.

#234005 - 05/13/13 12:12 AM Re: Anyone finished and decorated their VF2 home yet? [Re: Princess_Atta]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
Princess Atta, I'm doing the same thing. I have one family that I limited to one kid so both parents could concentrate on their careers. I bought the first room after starting the second generation and have only bought on-sale furniture for it. I DID splurge on the laundry room though...I got tired of seeing all of those socks piled up in the bathroom! laugh

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter