Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#233647 - 04/29/13 07:56 PM No kids?
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
I am so sad! I promised (at the first generation) that I would NEVER let the generations end!
My family ended! cry frown cry shocked
The reason: my 20th generation (Yotta [a twin daughter of the 19th generation][Her twin was Karina] and Brunozo, her husband, never had any kids! WHY???? cry

However, I have continued a new family, and, in a way, I am on generation 21. (Generation 1 of the "new family")

#233651 - 04/29/13 09:01 PM Re: No kids? [Re: vfam2player]
Anarose Offline
Adviser

Too late now, but, they could have paid for the adoption service.

My condolences for the demise of such a long family line! frown

#233664 - 04/30/13 12:23 AM Re: No kids? [Re: Anarose]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
Oh, that's a shame! cry

Next time, try using the adoption service.

#233667 - 04/30/13 03:23 AM Re: No kids? [Re: vfam2player]
Anarose Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: vfam2player
I am so sad! I promised (at the first generation) that I would NEVER let the generations end!
The reason: my 20th generation (Yotta [a twin daughter of the 19th generation][Her twin was Karina] and Brunozo, her husband, never had any kids! WHY???? cry

However, I have continued a new family, and, in a way, I am on generation 21. (Generation 1 of the "new family")

I am wondering, did you try using the Baby Boost that can be purchased (same as in VF1) ? Just something to keep in mind when a future couple may have the same difficulty.

Edited by Anarose (04/30/13 03:25 AM)
Edit Reason: Grammer Correction

#233685 - 04/30/13 04:16 PM Re: No kids? [Re: Anarose]
Anarose Offline
Adviser

Here it is a day later and I am thinking that, as in real life, perhaps some couples either have great difficulty making a baby or are unable to.

My 2nd generation heir, Grego Happy, and his wife,Rosetta, have tired several times with no success. Baby boost, so far, does not appear to have helped.

It is good that our peeps now have the option to hire the in game adoption service. They do not need to remain childless unless they can not afford the fee.

Grego is 40 and Rosetta is 41. Rosetta is yet young enough to get a baby. Last time they tried Grego detoured to the office to send me an email (complaining about groceries) while Rosetta hopped up and down, tossed rose petals and held out her arms - which remained empty.

Edited by Anarose (04/30/13 04:17 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling correction

#233689 - 04/30/13 04:49 PM Re: No kids? [Re: Anarose]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Anarose, the situation you described usually occurs because there is something blocking the path between the family member and where they need to go. The most likely cause is furniture or other decor items that you have placed in the house. Even if it looks clear to you, they might think it isn't. Our little family members can be pretty picky about what "clear" means!

Some examples of how to correct this problem in various situations are:

- If the little people suddenly change their mind about trying to make a baby, try moving the bed or couch away from any walls and try for a baby again. If it still gives you trouble, place the bed or couch on the front porch (or even in the yard). They shouldn't have any problems getting to the furniture then. Just make sure to put it back into the house afterward, so that the little people don't have to sleep outdoors and make themselves sick! Good luck!

- If the little person drops an object (sock, wrapper, or collectible) right after picking it up and won't take it to the appropriate destination, try moving any furniture that might possibly be blocking their path. They need a clear path, as well as clearance on each side of the destination (washer, trash can, collectibles cabinet), in order to deliver the carried object. If the problem started happening after you purchased a washer and they won't pick up socks anymore, you should start by moving the washer away from any walls or other objects, including the dryer (if you have one). If there's still a problem, look for other objects that might be blocking their path and move those.

Please note, if you move a few things around and it still doesn't work, you should try removing more items, as path blocking is the only reason we've found for this behavior. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#233691 - 04/30/13 05:24 PM Re: No kids? [Re: Xay]
Anarose Offline
Adviser

Thank you Heather for taking the time to share such detailed help for all to refer to.

I must confess that the couple going their separate ways came as a humorous event ... something unexpected that brings along a giggle. In this case there appears to be no road blocks.

(In VF 1 it has not been uncommon for an impatient papa peep to leave the mamma alone in the bedroom to catch the baby!)

Edited by Anarose (04/30/13 05:26 PM)
Edit Reason: changed a word

#235052 - 06/11/13 03:33 PM Re: No kids? [Re: Anarose]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
(In VF 1 it has not been uncommon for an impatient papa peep to leave the mamma alone in the bedroom to catch the baby!)

In VF2 the mother seems to walk off immediately leaving the poor father to kiss thin air. She's usually halfway down the corridor (with or without baby) by the time he has finished! smile

#235057 - 06/11/13 07:37 PM Re: No kids? [Re: Anarose]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Anarose
Originally Posted By: vfam2player

I am wondering, did you try using the Baby Boost that can be purchased (same as in VF1) ? Just something to keep in mind when a future couple may have the same difficulty.

Yes, I bought the baby boost. NO LUCK. But I am in total (including old family) in generation 32.

#235058 - 06/11/13 07:38 PM Re: No kids? [Re: Anarose]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Anarose
Too late now, but, they could have paid for the adoption service.

Yes, I only had about 1500 coins. frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter