Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#233632 - 04/29/13 01:57 PM Is it my imagination...
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
or does it take the peeps a lot longer to complete a work cycle after you buy the upgrades for their work area?

I timed it yesterday and it took the guy in a level 2 kitchen 4.05 minutes to complete one round of work! I only had 1 upgrade in the office and it took just over 3 minutes. Yikes!

#233644 - 04/29/13 07:42 PM Re: Is it my imagination... [Re: ajuma]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Yes. I agree. I haven't timed them, but they certainly seem to take more time the more upgrades there are. It's getting rather silly in my iPad game (which is on the fifth generation, with a lot more career upgrades); at a guess it takes 7-8 minutes for the peeps to complete a work cycle.

Edited by arnie (04/29/13 07:44 PM)

#233658 - 04/29/13 11:23 PM Re: Is it my imagination... [Re: arnie]
Darien Offline
Trainee

It's taking them a long time to do just about everything. Including making money. I went two days without checking on my families (I currently have two going) because I forgot about them and I fully expected them to be starved to death. Nope, they were still fine... sick and depressed, but fine. I was relieved they were ok but after two days of not even checking on them, I was thinking hey, they should have plenty of money by now to get some upgrades, perhaps renovate another room, etc. Nope. By the time I finished buying food and medicine, I was practically broke again.

I loved the whole idea of this game (played the first one over and over again for quite a long time) but there's just something about this one that is boring me. I stop in, throw some food into their fridge so they don't die of starvation, then leave again because I don't have enough money to do anything else.

#233660 - 04/29/13 11:32 PM Re: Is it my imagination... [Re: Darien]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Darien, I kind of know how you feel. I'm truly trying to like it but I find I still enjoy my original Virtual Families far more. I know you must have patience and all but it really does seem to take far longer to get any type of "reward" from this version than it did from the original. And yes, the salaries are higher, and yes, some items are not more expensive, but many things are far more expensive than they were in the original. I've read that the items cost the same in the iOS version as the PC version but they only get half the salary in the iOS version as they do in the PC version. Glad I read that cause that means I definitely don't want to get it for my Android if they ever do come out with an Android version.

Edited by Simsane (04/29/13 11:32 PM)

#233665 - 04/30/13 01:21 AM Re: Is it my imagination... [Re: Simsane]
Darien Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: Simsane
Darien, I kind of know how you feel. I'm truly trying to like it but I find I still enjoy my original Virtual Families far more. I know you must have patience and all but it really does seem to take far longer to get any type of "reward" from this version than it did from the original. And yes, the salaries are higher, and yes, some items are not more expensive, but many things are far more expensive than they were in the original. I've read that the items cost the same in the iOS version as the PC version but they only get half the salary in the iOS version as they do in the PC version. Glad I read that cause that means I definitely don't want to get it for my Android if they ever do come out with an Android version.

I'm really trying to be patient. But I can only wait so long. It kind of stinks that I only have enough money to buy the 'little' (inexpensive) things, then I have to wait a while again before I can buy anything else. Actually I've been holding off buying the 'little' things now so I can save up to buy the better things. But days have gone by and I STILL can't afford any of it. And then some of the other cool stuff (both expensive and affordable) I can't buy until I have another generation in the house and my peeps just aren't aging in this version like they were in the first, so THAT'S taking forever as well.

I'm trying. I honestly am trying. But my patience is running very thin and I'm about ready to just delete my families (I don't have the heart to purposely let them die) and forget about it.

Shame, too. I waited months for this game and checked back often to see if it was available yet for PC. Now that I have it I'm quickly growing bored with it, in only a matter of days.

#233671 - 04/30/13 06:24 AM Re: Is it my imagination... [Re: Darien]
Simsane Offline
Master

Hi again, Darien -- Well, I just bought the game last Thursday and the first few families I played, I did end up deleting too. But I started another family on Friday and now they have managed to buy both the upgrades, all the possible career rewards (even for the workshop career, which neither have) and basically almost everything that they CAN buy.

So, if you can hang in there for 3 or 4 days, it should start turning around. But still, I do know what you mean cause I've started 3 more families and I absolutely HATE the first few days. Even knowing it's going to be better I can hardly stand going into those homes. I only go in about 3 times a day to make sure they eat, clean and are not sick.

But it will get better and I have a feeling that from the second generation on it will be LOTS better.

#233672 - 04/30/13 07:53 AM Re: Is it my imagination... [Re: Simsane]
Indigo Jo Offline
Adviser

Loc: Kingston Upon Hull
I have found a way around this problem of work taking much longer th emore upgrades you have. Although the reason behind this I'm sure is the fact that the more upgrades = more actual parts to their job such as faxing, shredding papers, filing etc., but it all leads to a longer work cycle. The way around this - if you can call it that, is to search for a peep in the beginning who LIKES work!! I have three families on the go. The first one had a father who loved to work - so did his wife but that was by pop up choice not mine. she was his third choice of wife. They worked like a dream! I never had to place them in their work place they just LOVED TO WORK!
My second family has only ONE who loves to work. It happens to be the mother this time, so hence the reason she only has two children. I have noticed a serious marked difference in the earnings as a result. On average this family earn 1/2 to 3/4 of my first family.
My third family has a father who likes dreaming ( seriously BAD choice on my part! ) getting him to work is like getting blood out of a stone. I've even change dhis career, but to no avail. AS a result the only earnings we have are from collectibles. I have to double up on them in order to amount any money of somewhat decent standards and I can neve rleave them to ''just get on with it''.

So... I would say to anyone struggling badly. change your family. Delete the first - sadly frown and choose another where at least one member actually LIKES to work. Or simply choose someone on level 2 to begin with and choose his/her partner CAREFULLY!!

#233673 - 04/30/13 10:10 AM Re: Is it my imagination... [Re: Indigo Jo]
Simsane Offline
Master

Indigo Jo, thanks for the advice -- I think I may actually do that. Delete my families that are not working out very well and then look for one that likes to work. I remember back when the VV games were new and this forum was constantly buzzing about those games. Everyone loved/wanted runners but the ones I liked best were the ones that said they liked to Learn. They learned each task far easier than those that didn't like to learn and stuck with the task well right from the beginning. I once found one that had both the like to Learn and the like to Work -- was sad to see that one die, lol!

#233676 - 04/30/13 01:10 PM Re: Is it my imagination... [Re: Simsane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
One problem is that it's already difficult enough to get a suitable peep. To reduce the chance of failing to produce a family (or, at least, to provide a suitably large-sized 'pool' of kids from which to pick the next generation) you really need to choose a peep who "definitely" wants children. Then you need to avoid those with dislikes like running or work that would hinder their career development. The peep's career is important, too; some are very low-paid or unreliable
Click to reveal..
(like the Day Trader).

That doesn't include any personal feelings or prejudices a player might have: maybe you think a particular peep is ugly, or you don't like blondes, for instance. Of course, if you are looking for a Perfect Match, or even a rich (or poor) peep, things get even more complicated.

#233678 - 04/30/13 02:33 PM Re: Is it my imagination... [Re: arnie]
Darien Offline
Trainee

Simsane, Indigo and Arnie, thank you for all of the tips. I think I may do that, start over and look for more 'positive' traits in my peeps.

I don't expect them to get rich quick and I look forward to the families and the house changing over generations. But jeez! LOL

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter