Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 238 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#233121 - 04/19/13 08:56 PM My Flea Market won't Refresh!
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
3 generations ago, my Flea Market would refresh 3 times daily. It stopped for some reason. I bought everything in it to see if that would help. Nope. Nothing. Now it always says, "Items in the Flea Market change 3 times a day so come back often!" Well, for me right now, it's lying. HELP. shocked crazy

#233123 - 04/19/13 09:01 PM Re: My Flea Market won't Refresh! [Re: vfam2player]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
If you're actually playing the Windows or Mac version of Virtual Families 2 (and not the iOS version), then it's probable that you have been changing the system clock on your computer to reach the 3rd generation in the 3 days since the game has been released. Our games rely on a stable and accurate system clock, and various areas of the game that use the clock for scheduling will often stop working if the clock is continually changing.

#233124 - 04/19/13 09:08 PM Re: My Flea Market won't Refresh! [Re: LadyCFII]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

No, I'm playing on the iOS version, and have never set the clocks forward.

#233125 - 04/19/13 09:34 PM Re: My Flea Market won't Refresh! [Re: vfam2player]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
OK, I have moved this thread to the iOS section of the forums, where it will make more sense. laugh

We have never seen the problem you described, except when the game's internal timers are disrupted by changes in the device's system clock. This can happen inadvertently, such as when traveling across time zones or when Daylight Savings Time adjustments are made. The best way to prevent these types of problems is to make sure that you completely close the game prior to travel or DST adjustments, and leave it closed for the number of hours involved in the time adjustment.

Sometimes people do adjust their system clocks intentionally to speed up play, but we don't advise doing that, since it affects far more than just the games. Every application and system function will be affected by such time changes, including the file system and other system applications. For all of those reasons, we do not recommend changing your device's clock to speed up game play.

There are several ways to resolve the problem, depending upon the specific game and version you're playing:

- You could wait for some period of time to see if the game recovers on its own. This will usually happen when the actual time on your device "catches up" with the furthest date/time that occurred due to clock adjustments. Unfortunately, we can't predict how long you may have to wait, since it will depend upon how far into the future the clock was adjusted. Pausing the game while you wait for that to happen can make the wait easier.

- For mobile games, especially those that offer In-App Purchases (like VF2), we don't recommend deleting the game. Doing so will not only delete the app and all game progress, it will delete any In-App Purchases that might have made. Some of those are recoverable, but you should ask us for guidance before taking any action on your own to resolve this situation when playing a mobile version of our games.

#233483 - 04/25/13 09:15 PM Re: My Flea Market won't Refresh! [Re: LadyCFII]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Ok. I did set the clock forward once because all my kids were in college and all the parents did was watch TV so i set the date forward 2 days so they would... well, die. Sorry. :-(

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter