Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 222 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#233440 - 04/24/13 10:37 PM No Marriage proposals??
megaminz Offline

I have five families going, got onto second generation and have been there for a few days and noone is getting marriage proposals.

they are all getting depressed cause they are lonely.

I deleted one of the families and started again and straight away... marriage proposals.

Is there a fix to this?

#233445 - 04/24/13 11:19 PM Re: No Marriage proposals?? [Re: megaminz]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
The situation you described can be caused by changes in the clock setting on the computer or device the game is running on. These changes can be caused by automatic adjustments for Daylight Savings Time and travel across time zones. If you think the clock settings may have affected the game, please let me know, so that I can advise you on the best methods for handing that situation. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#233446 - 04/24/13 11:40 PM Re: No Marriage proposals?? [Re: Xay]
megaminz Offline

It could have been, we had a storm two days ago and had a power outage. the clock didn't go to daylight savings when we restarted so i changed the time settings.

#233447 - 04/24/13 11:56 PM Re: No Marriage proposals?? [Re: megaminz]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I'm very sorry that your game is not operating correctly. Unfortunately, proper functioning of the game's internal timers is disrupted by changes in the device's system clock. In addition to being caused by adjusting the clock on your computer or mobile device, this can happen inadvertently, as well, such as when traveling across time zones or when Daylight Savings Time adjustments are made. The best way to prevent these types of problems is to make sure that you completely close the game prior to travel or DST adjustments, and leave it closed for the number of hours involved in the time adjustment. Refer to the following for assistance with making sure that the game is completely closed:

- For Windows computers, click on the "X" in the upper right corner of the game window or click on Menu, then Quit from within the game.
- For Mac computers, quit the game from the menu bar, or simultaneously press Command and Q, or click on Menu, then Quit from within the game.
- For iOS devices, follow the instructions in this Apple knowledge base article: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137
- For Android devices, tap the "Back" button from the game's menu screen, then confirm you want to quit the game, or you can use your device's task manager to completely quit the app. Note that you should not use task killers to quit the game, as that can cause data loss.

Our real-time games rely on the accuracy of the computer's system clock to operate properly. Unpredictable results can occur if adjustments are made to the clock, especially moving the clock backwards in time. Different games will respond differently under those circumstances, ranging from minor statistics anomalies to killing whatever is living in the game. Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House has a much more complex real-time engine than some of our other games, and you're much more likely to see problems with it when adjusting the system clock.

Sometimes people do adjust their system clocks intentionally to speed up play, but we don't advise doing that, since it affects far more than just the games. Every application and system function will be affected by such time changes, including the file system and other system applications. For all of those reasons, we do not recommend changing your device's clock to speed up game play.

The adverse effects on Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House after adjusting the clock include:

- One or more family members no longer get older
- Advancing to new generations may not be possible
- Nursing moms will not wean their babies
- Food supply and bank account may become unreliable
- Marriage proposals and other emails stop arriving
- The random events will not occur
- The store will stop updating the flea market and sale items
- The maid and gardener may stop coming to the house

There are several ways to resolve the problem, depending upon the specific game and version you're playing:

1) You could wait for some period of time to see if the game recovers on its own. This will usually happen when the actual time on your device "catches up" with the furthest date/time that occurred due to clock adjustments. Unfortunately, we can't predict how long you may have to wait, since it will depend upon how far into the future the clock was adjusted. Pausing the game while you wait for that to happen can make the wait easier.

2) For Windows or Mac versions, you could delete the malfunctioning game from the Change Player area. You will lose all progress in that particular player slot and will need to start over from the beginning, but the game will operate normally again, as long as no further clock adjustments occur.

3) For mobile games, especially those that offer In-App Purchases, we don't recommend deleting the game. Doing so will not only delete the app and all game progress, it will delete any In-App Purchases that might have made. Some of those are recoverable, but you should ask us for guidance before taking any action to resolve this situation when playing a mobile version of our games.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#233484 - 04/25/13 09:19 PM Re: No Marriage proposals?? [Re: Xay]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
That happened to me once too... I adopted 2 kids so i could keep the family going, but it's annoying

#242288 - 09/10/18 02:12 AM Re: No Marriage proposals?? [Re: Xay]
pth Offline

If you adjusted the clock ahead before the problem started, then start from current date and time, then go backwards the same amount of time. I did it and it worked.

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter