Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 222 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#233323 - 04/23/13 04:26 PM Updated game - 4/23/13
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We have an updated version of the game that provides some bug fixes. We have also changed how we handle the free trial and full versions, so please read on to avoid any unpleasant surprises!

The free trial is no longer limited to one hour of play. Instead, you may play the entire first generation, although only one child is allowed. Once you reach the end of the first generation, you will not be able to proceed to the next generation until you purchase the full version of the game. If you're not ready to purchase the full version, you can pause your game until you're ready to continue it, and your family will be preserved, safe from the passage of time. Once the full version is purchased and installed, it will allow you to continue the family you started with the free trial. You can download the free trial from our Virtual Families 2 page. Make sure that you select the correct tab for the version you need. laugh

The Windows version is no longer an activation of the free trial. Instead, a full version is delivered to you at the time of purchase, the same as the Mac version has always been. If you want to get the update we just released (Windows or Mac), you will need to sumit a Help Desk ticket, so that Heather can reactivate your download link. You will receive an email with your personal download link for the updated version, which you can install right over your previous key-activated game. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you purchased the game from another game site, you should obtain the update from them. Other game distributors use their own activation methods or download managers, and they are not compatible with our versions of the games we make.

We realize that this is not as convenient in some ways as the activation key method, but it is a lot more reliable, and we hope it's going to work out better.

Edited by LadyCFII (04/24/13 01:12 PM)
Edit Reason: Added note about other game distributors

#233324 - 04/23/13 04:43 PM Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 [Re: LadyCFII]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
If you already have a support ticket where I've replied to you and said we're hoping to have a solution soon, please don't worry, I haven't forgotten you, I'll be sending you instructions ASAP!
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#233335 - 04/23/13 08:14 PM Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 [Re: Xay]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Thanks for that. Although I only wanted to update because of the bug fixes, not because I was having problems with the game, I sent off a support ticket and twenty minutes later I got an email back from Heather plus the link to the new version from Plimus. Now that's what I call service! Congratulations, LDW! The game is installed and (seems) to be running OK. laugh

#233339 - 04/23/13 08:49 PM Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 [Re: arnie]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
Thanks for the update! Like Arnie, I got mine in just a few minutes, and it installed quickly and easily.

Could you provide a list of what bugs have been fixed? Thanks!

#233364 - 04/24/13 12:23 AM Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 [Re: Corylea]
LadyKnight Offline
Trainee

Loc: Illinois
I recently purchased via Bigfish...is there an update somewhere I need to install?

#233390 - 04/24/13 04:55 AM Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 [Re: LadyKnight]
Erin333 Offline

Loc: West Cork Éire
Thanks for quick response for updated game link..
Quick easy install..Is it best to start new family?..

#233391 - 04/24/13 05:09 AM Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 [Re: Erin333]

It's your choice, Erin. smile If you'd like to keep your family, we've seen no indication that there's a problem with that. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#233426 - 04/24/13 07:45 PM Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 [Re: arnie]
Zia Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: arnie
Thanks for that. Although I only wanted to update because of the bug fixes, not because I was having problems with the game, ...

So does that mean when we update, we won't lose our current families?

#233428 - 04/24/13 08:26 PM Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 [Re: Zia]

That is correct, Zia. We've seen no indication that there's a problem with keeping your current families if you purchased the game directly from us. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#233465 - 04/25/13 10:22 AM Re: Updated game - 4/23/13 [Re: Xay]
AlicelovesVV Offline
Trainee

Loc: the Netherlands
So I downloaded the demo to update my game. (bought from ldw) and now my game is in demo mode, but I have paid for the full game! How can I get back to full game mode?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter