Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 238 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#233319 - 04/23/13 11:36 AM Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!)
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
I just had the funniest thing!

Adam, my bald father, just went to brush his hair! laugh WHAT hair?? LOL

#233398 - 04/24/13 07:42 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
Originally Posted By: ajuma

Hee! That's cute.

Usually the e-mail my family gets is pretty boring, but I thought this one was fun:

#233402 - 04/24/13 08:48 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Corylea]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Lol! A "hiking boot", hahaha. That is a good one! laugh

#233414 - 04/24/13 03:33 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Simsane]
ajuma Offline
Master

Wow! A hiking book kite! I love it!

Have you noticed that when the builders leave they disappear just before they get to the gate? Poof! They're gone! smile

#233416 - 04/24/13 04:27 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
eeyorepiglet Offline

Loc: Alabama
I had my bald dad do the same. i was like what hair? I also like when the kids jump down the stairs. i have one family where all 3 kids r really bad, one turning lights on an off get him to stop then the other playing in the toilet stop him then the sister digging in the trash. I said why ya'll bein so bad?

yes ajuma I watch them when they leave to see where they go. its like a secret portal. lol.

#233438 - 04/24/13 09:57 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: eeyorepiglet]
Pinkanista Offline
Adviser

Loc: The Netherlands
lol just whatched it to Eeyorepiglet and its sooo funny!

#233455 - 04/25/13 03:59 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Pinkanista]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
That peep is one of my favorites to adopt! He cracks me up when he goes to brush his non-hair! LOL!

#233471 - 04/25/13 02:42 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: MissKathy]
Pinkanista Offline
Adviser

hehe one of my dads just put on aftershave which i found intresting as he never shaved. (that he did not grow a beard yet is a miracle)

#233472 - 04/25/13 03:17 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: eeyorepiglet]
ajuma Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: eeyorepiglet

yes ajuma I watch them when they leave to see where they go. its like a secret portal. lol.

I've got to catch them coming, see if they come in the same way they leave!

#233478 - 04/25/13 06:55 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Here's my family watching the workers build the new deck. I'm surprised they didn't take a picnic with them.

#233479 - 04/25/13 08:49 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: arnie]
Simsane Offline
Master

Wow, you have quite a family there! laugh

#233487 - 04/25/13 10:31 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: arnie]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
I see, what looks like, a set of twins with that infamous 'Mullet haircut' from the 60ties... laugh At least they have hair! grin

#233515 - 04/26/13 09:08 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: arnie]
ajuma Offline
Master

Wow Arnie! Your couple must have been quite fertile! I've had a couple kids leave for college before having the 6th child!

#233516 - 04/26/13 09:09 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
ajuma Offline
Master

Funny one for today: I had a little girl who was running. I clicked on her to see what she was doing and it said "Running like a lunatic". laugh laugh laugh I did a double-take!

#233517 - 04/26/13 09:11 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: swedane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Yes, I got a full house with that lot! Some have gone to college now. I had four kids then next time the parents tried they got the mullet twins.

A little while ago I saw the twins sitting at each end of the sofa watching TV. They looked like a pair of bookends. Alas, just as I decided to take a screen shot they both decided to move and ruined it. Typical for kids and photographs!

#233518 - 04/26/13 09:12 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: arnie]
ajuma Offline
Master

Oh, oh, oh! One more funny thing happened today:

I finally broke down and bought a TV (mostly to keep my monster boys from playing in the toilet!) and I put it in the bedroom. I sent the boy over to turn on the TV and got the "watching TV" action. The he left and ran through the kitchen. I'm thinking...HUH?? He went and sat down on the sofa in the office! laugh laugh

I moved the TV. smile

Edited by ajuma (04/26/13 09:12 AM)

#233524 - 04/26/13 02:11 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
Pinkanista Offline
Adviser

lol that looks like the best option, lol

#233534 - 04/26/13 06:33 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Pinkanista]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Wow, Ajuma, it sounds like your little people are so talented, they can watch TV through the wall. laugh

#233540 - 04/26/13 07:36 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Corylea]
Simsane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: Corylea
Wow, Ajuma, it sounds like your little people are so talented, they can watch TV through the wall. laugh

lol!

#233555 - 04/27/13 02:40 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Simsane]
ajuma Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: Simsane

lol!

AND be facing in the wrong direction! laugh

#233557 - 04/27/13 03:12 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
eeyorepiglet Offline

Loc: Alabama
i wrote earlier about my kids being bad specially the one turning the lights on an off. i pick up my grand kids,we get to the house, next thing i know one of them is turning the lights on an off, on an off, i said u r being as bad an my computer kids,leave that light alone, i need my red glove. LOL.

#233560 - 04/27/13 04:32 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: eeyorepiglet]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: eeyorepiglet
i said u r being as bad an my computer kids,leave that light alone, i need my red glove. LOL.

Hee! That's funny.

#233563 - 04/27/13 01:33 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Mine are almost always facing in the wrong direction for most things, not especially watching TV. At least, their heads are. They seem more interested in looking at me than what they're doing. cool

#233570 - 04/27/13 07:37 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: arnie]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

I have ridiculously bratty girls in current generation (only have one family running at the moment). I think the older one is the instigator because as soon as she does something, the younger one will literally stop what she is doing and go running to do the same exact thing. They're obsession is jumping on the bed. I've tried scolding them, I've tried bribing them with things to occupy their time like the bubble machine. But noooooo. They just have to go jump on the bed. The only other activity they seem to enjoy doing on their own accord is reading. They'll both go grab books and read like perfect little angels...before finishing up and running back to the bed.

Edited by Princess_Atta (04/27/13 07:37 PM)

#233575 - 04/27/13 11:08 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Princess_Atta]
Indigo Jo Offline
Adviser

Loc: Kingston Upon Hull
The first lady of my family who has since sadly passed away ''Loocie Lastic'' ( so called because no amount of children was enough for her! She was shameless. Both her and her Hubby ''Phil Oakley'' so called because of the one sided hairdo which reminded me of the 80's uk pop band leader of ''Human League'' were at it like rabbits ALL the time! "Trying to make a baby" "cuddling" "Kissing" etc., AS if 6 kids wasn't enough already!!! No wonder she died aged 63! lol....The spawn of her loins I am pleased to say is far more sensible and far less crazed in THAT area thank the lord, but she does have an insessant urge to sharpen darn tools all the time! Sod the fact that everyone is starving and need food! Hubby is working himself to death and Great Grandhchild No.1 is only too happy to play in the toilet the minute my back is turned all she is concerned about is sharpening the bloody tools! Sheesh...... enough is enough! I amy have to try this desensitization malarky it's all getting a bit much at "Peeps Hollow" lol laugh

#233579 - 04/28/13 07:49 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: arnie]
Simsane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: arnie
Mine are almost always facing in the wrong direction for most things, not especially watching TV. At least, their heads are. They seem more interested in looking at me than what they're doing. cool

lol -- I've noticed the same thing. And when they are eating too, their heads are even turned around backwards to look up at me. Kind of gives me the creeps actually, lol!

#233584 - 04/28/13 10:57 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Simsane]
Taco Freak Offline
Adviser

Loc: US
That one was on VF1, also.
On VF1 I had an email to {name} (not joking, that's really what it said!)

Subject: Overdue book
Dear {name},
blah blah blah

Odd glitch, probably was to the dad in the family, but he died. (or disappeared confused still dont know what happened

#233588 - 04/28/13 12:34 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: arnie]
ajuma Offline
Master

I just had a funny thought! Wouldn't it be great if the pets could find collectables? Maybe the cat could grab bugs and the dog the bones! smile

#233605 - 04/28/13 08:31 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

I have 3 pets (my goal is to have a menagerie to be quite honest). I have the kitten, the puppy and the yellow lab. Quite often they follow each other around. It's the funniest thing.

I got the kitten in my first generation and the puppy early in my second generation (and got the lab yesterday). And as soon as I got the puppy, it went straight to following my kitten around everywhere. When I got the lab, it wasn't quite as clingy, not following either of the other two animals right away.

#233613 - 04/28/13 10:19 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Princess_Atta]
Corylea Offline
Expert

The other day, I directed one of my people to make a meal. As he was bustling around the kitchen, the puppy followed him EVERYWHERE. George went to the fridge, the puppy followed and sat at George's feet. A minute later, George went to the cabinet, and the puppy followed and sat at George's feet. Thirty seconds later, George went to the sink, and the puppy followed and sat at George's feet. This is exactly the way a real dog acts! It was very cute.

#233614 - 04/28/13 10:20 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
swedane Offline
Master

I don't know about your dog, but mine slobbers all over its toys and bones... yikes. As far as cats are concerned, it's a task much below their dignity! grin

Anyway, what are kids for, if not for earning their keep by collecting grubs and ancient bones? laugh

#233629 - 04/29/13 10:55 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
erindors Offline
Adviser

Snowing BRRRRRR so they all decide to have a BBQ all trooping out carrying fish ,burghers,etc LOL

#233630 - 04/29/13 01:51 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: erindors]
ajuma Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: erindors
Snowing BRRRRRR so they all decide to have a BBQ all trooping out carrying fish ,burghers,etc LOL

Well, I GUESS it could be fun...if someone else was doing the cooking! laugh

#233693 - 04/30/13 05:52 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I just got my family a new living room and a spiffy new flat screen TV. It looks like they're not really used to it yet. Half are watching in one room and the other half are watching from across the corridor in the kids' room ...

#233696 - 04/30/13 08:15 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: arnie]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Half are watching in one room and the other half are watching from across the corridor in the kids' room ...

Hee! That's funny.

And you know, it makes me wonder. These little people seem strangely unfamiliar with ordinary life -- they have to be taught to put groceries away, for example -- yet they have strange powers, such as the ability to watch TV through walls. It makes me wonder if perhaps they're aliens. Could they be from Krypton? X-ray vision would explain the ability to watch TV through walls. laugh

Perhaps Virtual Superheroes will be next. laugh

#233710 - 05/01/13 05:44 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Corylea]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Well, they do live in our computers. You might expect them to be different from us in some ways. smile

#233726 - 05/01/13 11:33 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
candypanda57 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
My peeps keep going by the unfinished rooms in the upper right corner. I click on them and it says "wishing for a second bathroom". At first I wondered why they do this so much and then I figured it out. That pile of socks in the bathroom is getting pretty big!! It must really be awfully "funky" smelling in the bathroom with all those dirty socks! LOL! Too bad there aren't any air freshners in the flea market that we can buy. Once I get to the next generation, my peeps are going to be washing socks for years to come!!

#233727 - 05/02/13 04:45 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: candypanda57]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
I think it's so cute when one child is playing in the toilet while the child behind him/her is doing the "potty" dance! laugh

#233730 - 05/02/13 02:04 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: MissKathy]
ajuma Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: MissKathy
I think it's so cute when one child is playing in the toilet while the child behind him/her is doing the "potty" dance! laugh

LOL! Maybe the kid likes colored water to play in! sick

#233733 - 05/02/13 02:33 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
ajuma Offline
Master

LOL! This was MY funny action. (This is definitely a spoiler, so be careful!

Click to reveal..
When I got my first family, the guy was a spice maker. I thought it was really strange that he went into the workshop to grind cinnamon! confused In the 2nd generation, I finally figured out what the cinnamon was for...and that the orange flip flop was NOT a flip flop! laugh laugh laugh

#233738 - 05/02/13 07:36 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: MissKathy]
swedane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: MissKathy

That's too funny... laugh I'll have to look for that!

#233859 - 05/07/13 11:27 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: swedane]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

I've gotten this before, but didn't make the connection. There's a specific spam like email from someone on Fake Book (something about Pina Coladas) and every single time whoever reads the email goes "UGH" and become quite literally sick to their stomach instantly. Have to buy the Peptic and all!

I found this hilarious because goodness knows I've reacted similarly to people on Fakebook wink

#233869 - 05/08/13 05:46 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Princess_Atta]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Well, it's not unlikely that little people who live in your computer should catch computer viruses. smile

#233872 - 05/08/13 12:43 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: arnie]
ajuma Offline
Master

A couple more funny things have been happening to my families.

Has anyone else notice the puppy sliding across the floor...backwards??? When he bumps into something, he gets up and walks away. It cracks me up! laugh

Today I had a little girl playing in the grass. Mom and Dad are both office workers. Suddenly, I heard dishes clanking and some giggles. I went to check the kitchen...no one was there!!! I have ghosts! smile

#233887 - 05/08/13 11:23 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
evka8d Offline

I just had dad vacuum cleaning the living room. I was really interested where is that 'living room' supposed to be because I have only two rooms upgraded in their house so I watched him closely. He even took a vacuum cleaner with him and he walked around whole house and then he started vacuuming ... their garden laugh I was like rofl or maybe this is a sign that they really need more rooms in their house smile

#233888 - 05/09/13 12:04 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: evka8d]
Corylea Offline
Expert

They're so stupid sometimes. Lucy was in the lower bathroom, gargling, then felt the call of nature ... so she left the lower bathroom and walked to the upper bathroom to use the toilet there. Huh? What's wrong with the toilet that's TWO FEET AWAY?

#233930 - 05/10/13 12:27 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: ajuma]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Today I had a little girl playing in the grass. Mom and Dad are both office workers. Suddenly, I heard dishes clanking and some giggles. I went to check the kitchen...no one was there!!! I have ghosts! smile

That happens to me too with the grass thing. It's happened multiple times. And it's kind of creepy because sometimes, the giggles sounds like there's multiple kids, not just one.

And, honestly, this got my imagination to run away just a little bit. But it involves some spoilers about the note events...

We know from the notes that Margaret and Bill were having some issues and that at least some of these issues involved children. What if they had kids who died in the fire that destroyed the main room and we are hearing their ghosts and digging up their remains shocked

I'm sure they would never make the game that macabre, but it could make for an interesting story.

#233937 - 05/10/13 02:16 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Princess_Atta]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola

Quote:
We know from the notes that Margaret and Bill were having some issues and that at least some of these issues involved children. What if they had kids who died in the fire that destroyed the main room and we are hearing their ghosts and digging up their remains shocked

I'm sure they would never make the game that macabre, but it could make for an interesting story.

Princess_Atta, you really put some thought into that storyline! You should try your hand at the Fan Fiction on here! That would be a bit creepy to be honest, but
Click to reveal..
it's not like there haven't been ghosts in prior games

#233941 - 05/10/13 03:39 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Nora Willow]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Nora Willow

Quote:

Princess_Atta, you really put some thought into that storyline! You should try your hand at the Fan Fiction on here! That would be a bit creepy to be honest, but
Click to reveal..
it's not like there haven't been ghosts in prior games

Awww shucks! Seeing as I'm an aspiring writer, that's such a wonderful compliment smile So thank you. And I might just at that if I have time.

#233942 - 05/10/13 04:17 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Princess_Atta]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I'd like to just drop in a small reminder here that all stories should be submitted to the Fan Fiction section of our forums, but at this time, Fan Fiction is currently closed.

Thank you very much for understanding! smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#233949 - 05/10/13 11:41 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Xay]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
Aww. I really enjoyed the Fan Fiction! I hope Rockmower is able to return soon and for his wife to get better! At the time being, at least I can catch up on all the Fan Fiction I haven't read! smile

#234538 - 05/26/13 06:32 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: arnie]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I just got my family a new living room and a spiffy new flat screen TV. It looks like they're not really used to it yet. Half are watching in one room and the other half are watching from across the corridor in the kids' room ...

My latest family are doing something similar, although this time there's only one in another room but he's even further away than before ...

Attachments
Capture.JPG

#234539 - 05/26/13 08:27 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: arnie]
txmom2 Offline
Consigliere

Don't you think you're a bit old for that, Mabel?

Attachments
silly mabel.jpg

#234545 - 05/27/13 01:38 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: txmom2]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

The 56 year old mom in one of my games went to do the cross puzzle. She was doing fine for a few moments, then suddenly I literally heard snoring sounds. I looked and she was lying on the couch, eyes closed and paper on top of her. Her status still said "doing the crossword" lol.

Meanwhile the 18 year old son went for a cocktail!!

#234548 - 05/27/13 07:56 AM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Princess_Atta]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Quote:
Meanwhile the 18 year old son went for a cocktail!!

That's legal in a bar here in England, and is legal anyway in his own home.

#234941 - 06/07/13 11:57 PM Re: Funny actions (possilbe spoilers so beware!) [Re: Corylea]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
Half are watching in one room and the other half are watching from across the corridor in the kids' room ...

Hee! That's funny.

And you know, it makes me wonder. These little people seem strangely unfamiliar with ordinary life -- they have to be taught to put groceries away, for example -- yet they have strange powers, such as the ability to watch TV through walls. It makes me wonder if perhaps they're aliens. Could they be from Krypton? X-ray vision would explain the ability to watch TV through walls. laugh

Perhaps Virtual Superheroes will be next. laugh

laugh laugh laugh

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter