Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Pangaeus), 120 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186930 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#233155 - 04/20/13 02:06 PM No diversity:(
REIDDEBSTER Offline

Humm, I'm sitting here with my daughter about to adopt our first family and again no people of color? Is it hard for the programmers to darken the skin a little to represent real families? Can you give it a try in part 3? Can we have some diversity? It is 2013 #kindofdisappointed

#233161 - 04/20/13 02:44 PM Re: No diversity:( [Re: REIDDEBSTER]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Although we understand that many people would like to see more varied skin colors or cultural representation in our games, there are several reasons for the somewhat limited skin colors. I'd like to show you a topic that mentions a very important reason why the games do not have more color diversity.

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=140558#Post140558
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#233165 - 04/20/13 02:59 PM Re: No diversity:( [Re: Xay]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
This subject has been brought up several times in the forums and I'm sure LDW want to find a solution, but it is at present technically impossible, short of bringing out different versions of the games for each ethnicity, which makes little sense commercially.

#233182 - 04/20/13 07:42 PM Re: No diversity:( [Re: arnie]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
Couldn't there be a check box when the game begins where the player chooses which skin tone to use? I understand that you don't want to put a dark head on a light body or vice versa, so you need to have all of the people be the same shade, but with a check box at the beginning of the game, you'd simply use all dark people or all light people.

That still wouldn't give you diversity within a single play of the game, but at least people who are dark-skinned in real life could play a family or tribe that looks like them. It would double the size of the graphics files, but it shouldn't make a lot more work for the artist, since simply darkening the existing files would take very little time or effort.

#233192 - 04/20/13 10:29 PM Re: No diversity:( [Re: Corylea]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I know that there does exist a mod for one of the Virtual Villagers games with all the peeps having darker skins. I'd imagine one of the modders might produce a similar one for VF2 if there were any demand. However, the hair of most people of colour is black or dark brown, while one of the attractions of VV/VF is the wide range of hair colours,which, incidentally, make it easier to tell the peeps apart.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter