Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 207 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#236219 - 09/02/13 12:03 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions
Boey Offline

Hi LDW team,
Would it possible for a future update to allow for more than 5 peeps to sit at the dining table at a time for a meal, preferably up to 8 peeps? I usually try to have the max 6 kids every gen, but the family is not able to all sit down together for a merry meal.
Ends up the parents and the eldest child have to slog around the house while the young'uns have a food fight in the kitchen since there's no adult supervision.
(Hmmm...possible new action for kids after eating a meal! :D)

I tried buying another dining table hoping to allow for everyone to eat at the same time, then I realised any additional furniture is decorative. frown

#236222 - 09/02/13 04:32 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Boey]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Boey

Would it possible for a future update to allow for more than 5 peeps to sit at the dining table at a time for a meal, preferably up to 8 peeps? I usually try to have the max 6 kids every gen, but the family is not able to all sit down together for a merry meal.
Ends up the parents and the eldest child have to slog around the house while the young'uns have a food fight in the kitchen since there's no adult supervision.
(Hmmm...possible new action for kids after eating a meal! :D)

Outstanding Ideas Boey! I usually have six kids too. It would be great to have the entire family sit together. I especially love the idea of a food fight as new action.

#236232 - 09/04/13 07:53 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: austin2010a]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Not sure if I mentioned this before or not but 11 people on that other forum said they liked this idea so I thought I would repost here just in case:

- If you are going to have night time, then make the lamps inside the house clickable to turn on at night.

nammagreen wrote:
Quote:
when families get down to a low amount of money have them search the couches or chairs cushions for coins or cash(old cheesy curls or whatever other treasures would fit in the furniture).

Neighbor Visits - Neighbors send an email asking if they can drop by for a visit. Click Yes or No. If you click yes, you get visit from (random) type of neighbor.
Type 1 - A neighbor with lots of kids who run through the house and leave trash and spots all over the place.
Type 2 - A great neighbor who comes in sits for a bit and leaves you a nice house warming gift (or has it delivered).
Type 3 - Another bad neighbor who comes over and eats all your food and leaves dirty dishes in the sink. And so on...

You already have a setup that can work for this. Just modify the workers who come to remodel the house a little and save them as neighbors who have the effects mentioned above.

Maids $ Gardners - Now there is a button to fire them or not if you click on them. Add a 3rd button to Give The Day Off. This would send the Maid or Gardner home for the day but they would return tomorrow to do their work as usual. This would come in handy when you want to get some privacy to make a baby or just have a family only evening.

Edited by Xay (09/04/13 10:05 PM)
Edit Reason: combined multiple consecutive posts

#236238 - 09/04/13 09:38 AM Email Ideas
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Could we have an email writing contest for emails and alerts that could show up in VF games? We don't really have to have prizes or anything; just a place to show ideas for them. If allowed, I will start off with a few:

(Dear Player)
I notice you peak in on us around this time most days. Just wanted to say we look forward to having you stop by. That's all for now. See you soon. :-)

(Dear Player)
You just missed our precious little Mophead doing something that was so cute. He was dancing and singing in the back yard like a real rock star. Maybe you will get to see him next time he does it. It's so adorable.

(Dear Family Member's Name)
Little Mophead keeps throwing rocks in our yard. I'm afraid he is going to break my new stained glass window for which you will receive a bill for the cost of replacement should the window get broken.

Alert!
Mophead has found a stray kitten and wants to know if he can keep him. Yes/No If yes you have a new pet now.

That's all for now. Anybody else with ideas?

#236243 - 09/04/13 06:09 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: austin2010a]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
The maid and gardener only stay for a while, then they disappear again through the portal between the gate and front door that they use when they arrive. They don't seem to work all that late in the evening so there's not really much point to another button, IMO.

#236298 - 09/12/13 08:12 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: arnie]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: arnie
The maid and gardener only stay for a while, then they disappear again through the portal between the gate and front door that they use when they arrive. They don't seem to work all that late in the evening so there's not really much point to another button, IMO.

No problem archie, I was just posting ideas since Xay said the developers actually read this part of the forums. I posted a LOT of ideas... so if that's the only one you don't like in the words of my grandmother, I say "cool-beans"! :-)

I just thought it would be nice to have more control over when they work so if you wanted to get rid of them faster so the little peeps could have some privacy for making babies you could give them the day off. But, it's ok if we have to wait until they finish cleaning and go home.

Each of my familes have millions of coins so it is no problem for me at all. I just fire them and rehire them the next day. :-D

#236300 - 09/12/13 11:01 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: austin2010a]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Actually, the cost of the maid and gardener is set rather too low IMO. For 2000 coins you get a maid and gardener for ever, essentially. In contrast, adopting a child costs 4000 coins. Even if the adoptee is chosen as the inheritor of the house they'll only last about 60 years.

Of course, with millions available the price is really immaterial.

#236302 - 09/12/13 07:57 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: arnie]
Lisa L Offline

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, but I'm on my 22nd generation on my iPhone & I don't even have 10,000 coins at one time. I don't even know how I would get millions!! I can't b on my phone all day, so how do u get your peeps to work that much if your not actively on your device or PC?? Help!!

#236304 - 09/12/13 08:47 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Lisa L]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi Lisa. I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong. You should check out this thread in the VF2 for iOS forum for some ideas. smile

#236332 - 09/14/13 10:12 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: MissKathy]
Angel Bun Offline

Wishing for....

CLOSETS!

I would love to be able to keep all the clothing in a closet where I can change my peeps in and out of any clothes I've ever owned. It's kinda frustrating when I see an outfit I really like in the store, and know I probably won't see it again for a couple generations... and then be told that 'you already have this' when I want to change somebody else. Maybe an 'Outfits' tab / button?

Please, please, put the Multivitamins in with the rest of the medicine where it can be bought whenever we need it. I've had two peeps be 'weak' for a long time, simply because I couldn't get my hands on enough fresh fruits or the Multivitamins. Even then, they've needed more than one bottle.

Scrolling inventory space / stackable items. I'd love to be able to stock up on things like fresh fruits, fruit candy and salty candy.

Cheaper starter beds? In the first generation, I often find myself buying a few of the used couches for my peeps to sleep on, simply because I can't afford the beds. Maybe there could be 'used' beds, or cots... or even sleeping bags?

Make the stove recognizable. (Kaiser sees the stove) This way we can actually tell them to turn off the stove if it's on, and perhaps tell them to heat up / cook food for themselves instead of having to spend forever making a family meal. An option to get them to make food for one person would really be useful for those bachelors / bachelorettes who are still looking for a spouse. Or even just when one person gets much hungrier than everybody else faster.

Automatically eating the meal laid out on the table before 'Looking for Snacks' or 'Heating up Food'. It seems kinda silly that my peeps will spend all this time making a meal, get themselves all hungry... and then walk off to grab a snack? *laughs* For that matter, it'd be great if having somebody cooking a meal would prevent everybody else from grabbing snacks... It becomes like a battle trying to fend everybody off from the kitchen while one person is cooking!

I really like the idea of being able to change the walls and floors in a room.

Make the fossil collectables worth a little more. The prices for the bottlecap, botanical and insect collectables seem perfectly reasonable; However for true dinosaur fossils, they're incredibly low.

'Sticky' and 'Non-Sticky' options for the Praising and Scolding hands in the Mac / PC(?) versions. I first discovered this awesome game on my Android phone, and I got used to the easier way that the Praising and Scolding hands worked... I just use it once, and then I'm back to my regular cursor. I rarely Praise or Scold more than one peep at a time, so I'd love to have this option on my Mac version as well. Have it revert once a peep has successfully been Praised or Scolded?

Thanks for reading and considering this, I know it's long. blush

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter