Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 99 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#236149 - 08/29/13 09:49 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: christina_ne]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

I couldn't figure out how to do that quote thingy here in the forum but someone above had these suggestions:

Quote:
1) the carousel does not turn. For an item that is so big, I would think that it would turn.

Although visually this looks like a 3D game, I believe most items and rhe home is 2D with 3D effects. If that is the case making the carousel spin would be difficult. But, I too would like to see some action attached to the carousel. How about if we drop a kid on it, in addition to hearing the music the kid does that jumping happy dance that is so cute. That would at least be cute and entertaining and not hard to program since this action is already in the game.

Quote:
2) The car does not move. Battery operated cars that kids can actually drive does actually exist. They could have it installed automatically (like career upgrade items) on the walkway. It could drive from one end of the walkway to the other end, then disappear & reappear at the beginning of the walkway, to then start over again.

OMG! How awesome and cute this would be. This is a great suggestion and it may be able to be done in the 2D format. I think the only issue would be how to get the little person to move with the car. I can see that presenting a challenge.

Quote:
3) The hammock does not work like it did in VF1. Our family members could rest in it & regain energy or health from being tired or sick like taking a nap on the couch.

Oh yes, yes, yes so many of us miss how the old hammocks worked. I like being able to purchase it and put it where I want. I just want them to be able to sleep and nap on it the way they did in VF1.

Originally Posted By: mwxyz49
I would like to see, if possible, a development in the game of 'closets', where you can change the peeps' clothing and have more selection, like bathing suits, etc. and where your clothing purchase would go into a 'closet' and be among a collection of clothes the peeps could change into after dragging them to the closet. You could select an outfit and that's what they would change into and the previous one would go into the 'closet'. Also have an added Store feature of a beauty salon where you could change hair do's the way you change clothes. Also, I would like the other players, see interaction between family members and with pets.

Thank you.

Totally awesome ideas and I believe they can be done.

#236154 - 08/30/13 12:41 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: austin2010a]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Ok, I was floord when I read this from Xay....

Quote:
It may not be apparent from our Web presence, but we are a tiny independent game studio with a handful of people doing all of the work, and this feedback forum is where we look for game suggestions.

I hadn't taken any time to read even the about us page since I am only interested in playing the game and having lots of fun with it. Xay's comment gave me pause. So, I took some time to learn a little about LDW. I can tell you it totally blew me away. LDW creates awesome games which makes them appear to be MUCH MUCH LARGER than they are. I thought for sure there were dozens of people behind it. WooHoo way to go!

Ok please know when I post suggestions here...THEY ARE IN NO WAY COMPLAINTS. There is no way I could ever complain about a game that got me so wrapped up in it that I cried real tears when one of my little peeps died of old age.

This is only the second game ever to make me cry and the first one was only because I had spent my life savings over $85K (real money) and nearly lost my (real life) house over it. Won't be doing THAT again.

No Dead Children Please: If one of my litte kids ever dies I will have to delete the game, no matter how much I love playing. I'm just sayin'. Been through that in RL don't want to go through that kind of pain in a game. Suggestion... how about not letting kids die (as long as they are fed, baithed, and attempts at medical care have been given). If they are still really sick we could have an option to send them to the hospital where they can stay until they go to collage or they could even return home from the hospital after being ill... as long as they were not old enough for collage yet. That would be cool. Then just like celebrating promotions, the family could join in celebrating return of family member (or something like that),

#236155 - 08/30/13 12:53 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: austin2010a]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
If you are worried that the children in the house might pass (not enough food in the house, continual illness) you can go to their details page, touch the "Upgrade me" button, and send them off to boarding school. They will remain healthy and whole at school but they will not come home until it is time to choose the next generation.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#236159 - 08/30/13 01:05 AM Re: Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Xay]
Lisa L Offline

I have never had a child pass, I think I will be devastated if that happens! Do they come back from boarding school? I have never done it before.
Thanks for the info!!

#236160 - 08/30/13 01:42 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: christina_ne]
SparkleGeekGirl Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: christina_ne

1) the carousel does not turn. For an item that is so big, I would think that it would work with the kids on it.
2) The car does not move. They could have it installed automatically (like career upgrade items) on the walkway. Once a child gets into it, it could drive from one end of the walkway to the other end, then disappear & reappear at the beginning of the walkway, to then start over again.

After putting in the pool and the play equipment and watching the kids play on those, I was surprised that they didn't interact with the carousel. I was disappointed because I'd been looking forward to that. Is there any way to do something like that?
(Love the pool, by the way...It's funny watching heads float above the water!)

Originally Posted By: Lisa L
I have never had a child pass, I think I will be devastated if that happens! Do they come back from boarding school? I have never done it before.
Thanks for the info!!

Neither have I, but I have sent them to boarding school. One was because she was continually "Blue" and I could not figure out what was wrong. They don't return until it's time to start the new generation, though.

Edited by Xay (08/30/13 04:41 AM)
Edit Reason: combined consecutive posts

#236164 - 08/30/13 02:10 AM Re: Clothes and Hair Changes. [Re: austin2010a]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

New Suggestions. I don't think most of these have been mentioned before.

Take Out Coupons - Add Take Out Coupons to FleaMarket. Example: Buy a pizza take out coupon, drop it on an adult, a delivery person shows up at the door with the food. Adult or delivery person puts it on the table for everyone to enjoy. You already have the pizza graphic and you already have cleaning people who show up and ring the doorbell. Just put one in a different uniform. This should be easy. Could be expanded to other take out foods as well.

Teen Actions - Just as there are certain actions only the adults can do maybe there would be certain ones for teens 14 and up. We could buy cellphones and tablets for the teens. They would work very much like the cleaning tools box (can't remember the ingame name of it). It's the box where adults go and pick up cleaning supplies and walk around using them. Well we buy a phone or tablet for and drop it in the house. Teens can later be seen going to the item and picking up the phone or tablet. They go and sit or walk around using it... either way. Same as the cleaing box just different graphics.

Catered Party - Buy this item in the Store. It is very expensive and only available if you have both the maid and gardner and maybe only for gen 10 and up Here is how it works.

1. You buy this item and drop it indoors or out. It is a party table with chairs and food on the table and maybe a few balloons.

2. Triggers all little peeps to come look just as when we place an item. But, this time little peeps hang around. They dance and say yay as in a house upgrade. Maybe they can be dragged to sit and eat as with the food table. (Sitting may require more than one action trigger and I am not sure that is even possible since I can't think of any items that have more than one action trigger.)

3. Here is why you need maid and gardner. When maid comes if this item has been placed indoors, she will view it as a spot and make the same actions to clean it up. It all disappears just as a spot would. If the item has been placed outside, the gardner views it as a weed and makes the same actions to clean it up and it dissappear. OR! Maybe Adults in the family could see it as food and clean it up as they do when they clean up after a meal. Either way the very expensive Catered Pary is one time use and must be purchased again if they want another party. Probably a good idea to list it as One Time Catered Party so people don't come in mass to complain they are missing their party stuff. lol

4. There could even be different Catered Party items available. General Party, Birthday Party, Pool Party and so on. The reason they should be very expensive and only available after gen 10 or so is to allow those who stay with the game a long time to have something to look forward to and something to spend all those saved coins on.

Family Photo Album - Add a family photo album. We could take screen shots of our little people in action and put them in the album. Could even be made to look like a real book and shared with others maybe.

1. Ok this part may be complicated... not sure. But, add a little camera icon to the UI of the game or either inside someplace. Could even be an item we purchase in the appliance store. Ether way when clicked it makes that camera sound and triggers the print screen key to take a screen shot of the game. I don't know rhe code for this but I have seen it in some other HOG games... both where they cheet and have screens already made (which would not work for VF2) and the one where it does actually trigger a real screen shot. This is the code you would need. Either way if you are able to do it here is how the pictures could be used...

1. Easist way... Add a Famly Photo Forum so users can upload the screens. This is kind of a [censored] way to do it but would engage players to see what other families are doing. Most likely you may have something similar to this already.

2. A little harder way... Create an online Photo Gallery. Users must sign up to join. They can uplode their pictures to their designated galleries there or one big fat one either way. You can charge me $2 - $5 bucks to have my family photo gallery online. I would not pay much more. Not a lot of money but if you only get 30% of players to buy it could be good side income for sure. And this is income you don't have to share with affiliates.

- The online Photo Gallery could look just like a book. Do this with a background image. Get a cheep server for less than $10 a month. Dont use the LDW one in case of bad people (dont even want to say the word but you know who I mean).

- Each new signed up user gets their own photo gallery page.

- The upload the image and it is available immediately in the page. I have the code for this and can send it to you. It is not a big deal. I use it all the time.

3. You could make the Family Photo Album available ingame. Not sure how you would share this with others but would be nice to have anyway to look back and cute things from past generations.

Very Fast and Easy One - On the Family View page add Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3 and so on by each generation. As it is I am keeping a spread sheet with the numbered Generation and how much money they inherited at each level. Would be nice if this information was ingame.

Comfy Blankets - Available only in the FleaMarket. It breaks my heart with little peeps are feeling sad, bored, scared of the lightening, sad because of new baby and so on. I can't give them the green glove because that would encourage the behavior. I won't use the red one. That would be mean. If I had a blanket I could at least comfort them with that would be great. Using this blanket would work like medicine. They would feel much better.

Another quick one - Clicking the barbecue grill makes smoke. I love that. But, it could also start a barbecue party at the same time. Would be nice.

More actions family can do together - Buy a heart shapped box in the FleaMarket, put on husband or wife... triggers action: Walking together. Same action as listing to sounds of nature but they do it at the same time together.

- Drop a kid on a pet and two things happen. Triggers the same action as Running like a lunitic. I love that one but this time the pet follows along. This action could be "Playing with Pet".

Ok gotta get back to work. Thanks for reading.

#236166 - 08/30/13 06:53 AM Re: Clothes and Hair Changes. [Re: austin2010a]
athena02116 Offline

Suggestions:

1. Have unplanned family visits where a group of relatives show up and food depletes to almost zero. Husband/wife hangs their heads after family hoard stomps out of the house. (very real life-like HA)

2. Family celebration & jumping after an adoption

3. Being able to rotate furniture 360 degrees

4. Toys interactive with children (others mentioned it in past postings, so won't go into detail)

5. Most other suggestions I'd like to see have been mentioned by other posters. Would really like to use dining sets, have patio furniture, be able to change flooring, walls, etc.

Very much enjoying this game. Thanks to the creative LDW team!

#236167 - 08/30/13 09:51 AM Re: Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Xay]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Xay
If you are worried that the children in the house might pass (not enough food in the house, continual illness) you can go to their details page, touch the "Upgrade me" button, and send them off to boarding school. They will remain healthy and whole at school but they will not come home until it is time to choose the next generation.

Thank you so very much Xay. I first learned that kids could die in another forum when someone mentioned she had a 6 year old die. (The kid was either 3 or 6 I have to check back on that forum, I cant remember). I do remember that I nearly went bat crazy reading that post and have been REALLY scared ever since I learned kids could die.

I did learn about the trick to send them to boarding school there too... but, the problem is now everytime I have a kid who stays weak for any length of time, I ship them off to bording school. I miss so much of their young years. Is there a way to tell if a kid is near death so I could keep them around as long as possible before shipping them off? I hate shipping them off unless it is to absolutely avoid death.

[Note here: I keep about $4,000.00 food in the house for a family of 5, I always use meds if they are sick and keep all peeps fed and baithed. If they continue with illness I get doctor. If I get email saying no infection and I have no fruit, multi vitamins, or anything else that will help them... even sleep with tea drinks... then I ship them off to boarding school because I am afraid they will die.]

Like I said I couldn't take that. Seriously, when I lost Aipad at 62 I cried real tears for a few days. I learned on that other forum that I am not unique in this. Others have gotten just as attached to a little person and cried when they died just as I did.

I haven't gotten that attached to any little peeps since then. But, loosing a kid. Oh wow that would just about end me. Seriously.

I am assuminng you are one of the game developers or you work with them. And I don't know if you realize how very close we players can get to the little peeps. The adults die. Ok I get that. But, is it possible that you could just not allow the children to face death until they are adults?

As a player it would be great if we didn't have that fear hanging over our heads. I suppose there are others like me who just want to play the game for fun. There is nothing fun about a child dying.

When I lost my child at 4 years old, I wanted to end my life. Thank goodness it didn't work. So many other people depend on me. But to relive that experience in a game setting would be too much. I am not sure if you can see what I mean but I just thought I would ask. Thanks again for your reply.

I am not sure if this is the place to post this or not. If not, I know I can trust Xay to move it to the right location. :-)

I just noticed I have posted a LOT of suggestions over the past few days. All those suggestions can be interpreted as complaints. But, I am in NO WAY complaining about this game. This game is simply the best game I have played in years.

Before VF2 I played a new HOG game nearly every day. I don't think there are many HOG/Action games I have not played. I don't like time management games. I don't need more stress in my life.

But, since April 20, 2013 I have played almost exclusively VF2 every single day. I have a VERY short attention span. And I work a lot of hours. (notice I mostly post before dawn) I don't sleep either. But, VF2 has given me so many hours of enjoyment.

I have litterally forced several other family members and friends to buy this game just so we can share screen shots in email. Now they are addicted too. I don't think any of them do the forums and none of them would be as long winded as I have been. Don't worry that will taper off soon. I don't usually have this much time anyway.

But, since I have written so much about new ideas, I wanted to take a moment to compliment you and to thank you all for such a wonderful game. It is relaxing and very engaging. It has taken my mind off many RL issues and gives me an escape. If you never change one thing, I will still buy VF3. I'm just sayin'. :-)

I am not sure if this is the place to post this or not. If not, I know I can trust Xay to move it to the right location. :-)

I just noticed I have posted a LOT of suggestions over the past few days. All those suggestions can be interpreted as complaints. But, I am in NO WAY complaining about this game. This game is simply the best game I have played in years.

Before VF2 I played a new HOG game nearly every day. I don't think there are many HOG/Action games I have not played. I don't like time management games. I don't need more stress in my life.

But, since April 20, 2013 I have played almost exclusively VF2 every single day. I have a VERY short attention span. And I work a lot of hours. (notice I mostly post before dawn) I don't sleep either. But, VF2 has given me so many hours of enjoyment.

I have litterally forced several other family members and friends to buy this game just so we can share screen shots in email. Now they are addicted too. I don't think any of them do the forums and none of them would be as long winded as I have been. Don't worry that will taper off soon. I don't usually have this much time anyway.

But, since I have written so much about new ideas, I wanted to take a moment to compliment you and to thank you all for such a wonderful game. It is relaxing and very engaging. It has taken my mind off many RL issues and gives me an escape. If you never change one thing, I will still buy VF3. I'm just sayin'. :-)

#236173 - 08/30/13 02:42 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Suggestion [Re: mappam]
Deanne Offline

Loc: workington uk
I agree with the suggestions above and it would be great to have different walls and floors to go with the furniture. The patio furniture is another great idea I liked the way it was set up in VF1 they even had a bottle of wine on the patio table. They also stand by the barbacue when eating for some reason ?, surely they would be more comfortable sitting down outside. I have also noticed that the food in the kitchen is always the same meal too surely this could be altered to correspond with time of day.

#236203 - 08/31/13 07:33 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 Suggestion [Re: Deanne]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi Deanne. smile Ajuma decided to test the Meal Mods from VF1 in VF2 and as stated in this thread, they seem to work pretty good. If you're interested in trying them out yourself you can find the complete listing of VF1 Meal Mods here. Of course mods can only be used in Desktop versions of the game.

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter