Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 275 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#234746 - 06/02/13 01:06 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 Suggestion [Re: mappam]
Livvy Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: mappam
Love the idea for patio furniture!

If I remember from VF1 you could change the wallpaper (??) Wish we could do that now and the flooring - add carpet or tile etc.

I would LOVE to see some curtains - the first room with the computers has no window coverings - it would be awesome if we could add different curtains (anywhere/everywhere).

I also agree about the washing machine - I really don't like the socks stacked next to the toilet. I bought a drying rack thinking that maybe they would wash the socks in the sink then dry them - nope.

Love the game - have in on my Kindle and PC. PC version I have 4 families ATM and all are still gen 1 so I have a lot to do in future. THANKS!!

I love all those ideas and agree! Btw, is it available in the kindle store? I had no idea! laugh

#234755 - 06/02/13 06:16 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 Suggestion [Re: mappam]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
If I remember from VF1 you could change the wallpaper (??) Wish we could do that now and the flooring - add carpet or tile etc.

I would LOVE to see some curtains - the first room with the computers has no window coverings - it would be awesome if we could add different curtains (anywhere/everywhere).

Those are user-created mods, which can be made for VF2 as well. As time goes by no doubt more mods will be produced. If you have any particular requests for mods why not post in the VF2 mod comments and discussion forum? Or even create your own?

Remember this only applies to the Windows/Mac versions; the iOS and Android versions can't be modded.

#234762 - 06/02/13 11:33 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Corylea]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Corylea
I have a woman with blonde hair and a man with light brown hair, who just had a black-haired child. I think it detracts from the game to have the children not look like the parents; part of the fun of a multi-generation household is seeing various features passed down through the generations. I seem to remember that VF1 did this differently?

Yes, I agree. I like seeing new faces. But I do know that some people don't. I know some people want genetics. So, if possible, you could make a little button that says genetics on/off. You could use it in the 1st generation only. (It wouldn't make sense otherwise)

#234827 - 06/04/13 03:53 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Corylea]
mappam Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Florida, USA
Another thing I would LOVE to see = That the flea market ALWAYS has some kind of fruit, vitimins or hand sanitizer.

I had one family (they are gone and 2nd gen has taken over). They were always weak and unhealthy and NEVER ONCE got a piece of fruit or other items above. I tried everything I could think of to help them out - no luck with organic foods or "happy candy" etc.

Or add multi-vitamin to the MEDS section.

Thanks!

I live in my own little world - I like it there - Everyone knows me.

#234880 - 06/05/13 09:02 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions
spygirl2 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Florida
Love this game more than VF1 - more to do. Would like more interactive furniture/toys/accessories/etc. Thought the carousel would turn, but it doesn't! Wanted hammock to be used as it is in VF 1. My people won't stay on it. Would love to be able to turn on the lamps. Would also love if I could be given a choice when I use the adoption upgrade! Also, how about being able to get twins if I pay double! Would love to be able to buy clothes and keep them in a closet so that I can change their clothes as I like.
Love the sandbox, pool, play kitchen, drums, easel! But don't like that the car just stays there - thought it would move! Love being able to pick up the pets, feed them, and pet them. Love that the moms cuddle their babies.
Please add more furniture, toys, accessories, collectibles to the games as time goes on.
One of my families had six kids, both husband and wife became masters in their occupation, had the dinosaur certificate, and had $40,000 in the bank before the second generation! Was very pleasantly surprised!!! smile

#235155 - 06/14/13 03:33 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: spygirl2]
halfadime Offline

Loc: North Florida
It's been 8 days since we've heard from LDW on our suggestions/problems. I don't think any of us are asking too much that wouldn't warrant an answer at the very least. I know they're busy and a small company, but they produce such wonderful games and we're all paying and needing answers. I have every game they've produced and love all of them. Perhaps making suggestions for upgrades is too much for them. I wish LDW good luck and a profitable future.

#235157 - 06/14/13 03:50 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: halfadime]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
We ask that all suggestions are posted in the same thread, and we cannot answer (or promise to use) every suggestion. You can rest assured that we do read every post. We also like to keep the thread simply about suggestions, so when the thread gets reviewed during game development, we don't have to go past dozens of non-suggestion posts.

It may not be apparent from our Web presence, but we are a tiny independent game studio with a handful of people doing all of the work, and this feedback forum is where we look for game suggestions.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#235323 - 06/20/13 07:58 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Simsane]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
Originally Posted By: Simsane
[quote=Corylea][quote=Simsane] If they do decide to change it, fine. If not, that's fine too.

Actually, if they decide to change it then grin grin grin If not, then.... there can always be a VF4!!!

#235404 - 06/27/13 07:33 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: VV3 girl123]
Thandi Offline
Expert

Loc: Gallifrey
It would be nice if the the people actually used the dining room table

Please could the dining room chairs look better, I am going for a classic style house, and in the middle of it it looks like like I put work room furniture in the dining room.

I would like to see dad and siblings be able to change baby's diaper/ hold the baby

And as someone said, it would be nice to have a cot bed or othed items for the baby. as in real life, it would be more realistic if diapers and baby food were bought from the store.

#235503 - 07/01/13 07:00 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Nora Willow]
christina_ne Offline

Originally Posted By: Nora Willow
christina_ne, about your #7, the mom carries the child until it is two. I have gotten used to the mom carrying around the child since I've played just about all the Villager games.
Also, about the washer and dryer, I like how you are not able to buy everything at once. It restrains you from buying luxury items, so you will pay more attention to your family's needs.
I liked your suggestions and agree they should lower some prices a bit.
I would like to see paint made available in the game. I don't necessarily like all the colors of the walls and carpet.. Also, I think it would be cute for the family to have a small garden. This would help players save money on food; if the garden would allow to harvest vegetables. smile

Nora Willow,
I also own & have played all the VV & VF games, I just love them! Thanks for your reply & info about the nursing time.

I like your ideas, especially about having a garden. That is an option that would could really improve the game. You could even have the option to sell your home grown food at the flea market. Along with that option, we could sell items we no longer want.

Your idea about having the option to change the color of the rooms and floors is great too. Having the option to change the color of the room could be done as a task our families can do--like in the original game, when they would fix the fountain, hose, & workshop wall. I really miss having those tasks to complete. This would be a way to bring that back!

In response to the nursing moms, I just meant the time frame for a mom to nurse/care for her child should be shortened to reflect real life. In real life, a mom does not exclusively nurse/care for her child--carrying it the entire time--& then have to wait until it is 2 before she could return to work, especially when her job is in her home.

Great Ideas. Thanks Norma,
Christina

-------

Originally Posted By: spygirl2
Love this game more than VF1 - more to do. Would like more interactive furniture/toys/accessories/etc. Thought the carousel would turn, but it doesn't! Wanted hammock to be used as it is in VF 1. My people won't stay on it. Would love to be able to turn on the lamps. Would also love if I could be given a choice when I use the adoption upgrade! Also, how about being able to get twins if I pay double! Would love to be able to buy clothes and keep them in a closet so that I can change their clothes as I like.
Love the sandbox, pool, play kitchen, drums, easel! But don't like that the car just stays there - thought it would move! Love being able to pick up the pets, feed them, and pet them. Love that the moms cuddle their babies.
Please add more furniture, toys, accessories, collectibles to the games as time goes on.
One of my families had six kids, both husband and wife became masters in their occupation, had the dinosaur certificate, and had $40,000 in the bank before the second generation! Was very pleasantly surprised!!! smile

spygirl2,
You are correct:
1) the carousel does not turn. For an item that is so big, I would think that it would turn.
2) The car does not move. Battery operated cars that kids can actually drive does actually exist. They could have it installed automatically (like career upgrade items) on the walkway. It could drive from one end of the walkway to the other end, then disappear & reappear at the beginning of the walkway, to then start over again.
3) The hammock does not work like it did in VF1. Our family members could rest in it & regain energy or health from being tired or sick like taking a nap on the couch.

It would be nice to have decorative items for the house to put on the fireplace, kitchen hutch, dressers, & walls. I use the stuffed animals & the small fish bowl to decorate the walls & other items since there is currently nothing else to use.

A virtual closet would be awesome. Once we change our family's clothes, that outfit just disappears & you have to repurchase it if you want to use it again--if it does reappear in the store again! Having a virtual closet would be a great addition!

Expanding our collection would be great. At present, whenever someone comes to buy my collection, I will sell mine & start over just to keep it going! There are all these different colored butterflies flying around, maybe we could use them as part of the collection. Flowers would also be another great idea. As the family waters their flowers, new ones could bloom. Another great idea would be to have a twist of Plant tycoon, but just on a way smaller concept--you would have a virtual flower garden where you could breed different flowers in hopes of collecting all the different flowers!

All Good suggestions! I will post this in a separate post in hopes they will see it better!

------

1) the carousel does not turn. For an item that is so big, I would think that it would work with the kids on it.
2) The car does not move. They could have it installed automatically (like career upgrade items) on the walkway. Once a child gets into it, it could drive from one end of the walkway to the other end, then disappear & reappear at the beginning of the walkway, to then start over again.
3) The hammock does not work like it did in VF1. Our family members could rest in it & regain energy or health from being tired or sick like taking a nap on the couch.

4)It would be nice to have decorative items for the house to put on the fireplace, kitchen hutch, dressers, & walls. Right now, I use the stuffed animals & the small fish bowl to decorate the walls & other items since there is currently nothing else to use.

5) A virtual closet would be awesome. Currently, once you change a person's clothes, the outfit they just changed out of disappears & you have to repurchase it if you want to use it again--if it reappears at all! Having a virtual closet would be a great addition!

6) Expanding our collection would be great. At present, whenever someone comes to buy my collection, I will sell mine & start over just to keep it going!
(a) There already are different colored butterflies flying around, maybe we could use them as part of the collection.
(b) Flowers would also be another great idea. After it rains or after the family waters their flowers, new types of flowers could bloom. OR you could have a twist on Plant tycoon, but just on a way smaller concept--you would have a virtual flower garden where you could breed different flowers in hopes of collecting all the different flowers! Your flower garden would show up in the yard as a small square with tiny flowers in it or as a simple menu option within the store & once you click it, it would activate the virtual flower garden.

Edited by Xay (07/01/13 07:47 PM)
Edit Reason: combined consecutive posts

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter