Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 77 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#234039 - 05/14/13 12:38 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Corylea]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
Corylea, I think that's only a coincidence. A very sad one at that frown

#234044 - 05/14/13 05:51 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: arnie]
Ladyemberrose Offline

:)Was so excited when I checked and saw that it was on PC. I don't get to the forums much, but wanted to let you know. (btw, noticed it said you are in Colorado same as I)Though I am already finally starting my 2nd generation tonight, I did notice that once you buy a pet you can't sell it back to the shop. In error during the first family generation...I bought 2 of the same cats. Also miss that part of the shop where you could just return the items like in the first game. Other than that, it is pretty enjoyable. Prices a bit high for some of the needed stuff like the baby boost. Can understand that, as my grands get a bit carried away with too many kids. I think, too, the division of stuff from level one to two should have been a bit better. The decks, for instance should be one and then a needed room. Washer would've been nice from the get go (I still remember the old ringer washer my mom had AND the washboard...lol). Level 2 plants could have been separated to a couple different levels too. All in all, it is so much more fun than the 1st including graphics. Think on the next version you might add a feature of wallpaper, flooring and such? Would be lovely to have that.

reposted as LadyCFII suggested when I pm'd her. I am now on level 4, i think though.

#234235 - 05/21/13 12:51 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Corylea]
flutterybys Offline

Originally Posted By: Corylea
Originally Posted By: flutterybys
I have noticed statements by other Players re:items disappearing when they have just "touched them". I understand this to be because when you have recently sold something the game is in "sell mode" I would like to suggest an "are you sure" query which would alleviate this issue. Thanks

This is a great idea!

so unhappy just bought goth bed 50% off and sold the other bed and went to move my new bed into position and gone just like that frown mad and i even new better sick

Edited by flutterybys (05/21/13 12:53 AM)

#234270 - 05/22/13 12:42 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: flutterybys]
halfadime Offline

Loc: North Florida
I agree with the problem of not being able to return items to the store like in the previous version. Once I buy something I might need to return it in order to make more room for food or something more important. (Someone mentioned a "sell" mode, but I don't think that's available in the PC version. At least I haven't seen it.)

Please, please make table lamps available. Desk lamps are great as are the floor lamps, but neither of these fulfill the need for lighting in the other rooms. Don't YOU have end tables and table lamps in YOUR house?

Furniture items are pretty static and don't require a lot of programming except when you move them around and plan the interaction with the peeps. This shouldn't be too hard for the folks at Last Day of Work as they've already handled much more demanding problems.

In all... GREAT JOB.. LDW... you all ROCK!!

I'm on the sixth generation of my family and it's been a challenge (as it should be), but the game has been very generous in awarding me with extra refunds, etc. to keep me running.

#234285 - 05/22/13 08:45 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: arnie]
spygirl2 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Florida
Some comments/suggestions/questions:
Once you get rid of ants for good, are you still able to get the "stomping ants" trophy? I have five families and 2 of them got rid of the ants and never stomped them first! Do I need to start over in order to get this trophy?
Do bugs come out in snow and fog, or only in rain?
I dislike that the hammock is not usable as in VF1. My peeps will not sleep in it - useless unless I have peeps rest there.
I also would like all items that you buy to be usable, not just for show.
How about a tree house?
While I had the Decorate tab open, I clicked on a piece of furniture to move it, and it disappeared instead!! This happened a few times in different families!
If you can't sell an item out the gate, you can take it to the trash in the kitchen and throw it out for free.
Something weird happened one day - in three of my families, some of my peeps decided to get some sleep. When I looked, the moms were in her bed with one of her kids, and the dad was in the kid's bed!!!

#234286 - 05/22/13 09:37 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: spygirl2]
halfadime Offline

Loc: North Florida
Can anyone suggest a reason for the fog and snow? I think the fog increases the appearance of collectable items, but I haven't seen that with the snow. And can anyone answer how to return items to the store if you don't want them? This is with the PC program. Thanks smile

Why are the comments not in chronological order? This is so confusing.

#234291 - 05/23/13 01:11 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: halfadime]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi halfadime. Sorry but you cannot return unwanted items to the store in VF2. Any item in your tool tray (other than the Praising & Scolding gloves) can be given to your peeps or placed in the trash to make room for other items.

I'm not sure what you mean about comments not being in chronological order. Can you help me to understand? You can change certain display settings in the "My Stuff" tab once you're logged onto the forum.

#234296 - 05/23/13 01:58 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: spygirl2]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi spygirl2. Here are a couple of answers to some of your questions:

- Once you've gotten the Ant Terminator goal, the ants are gone for good. They won't be back. If you want that trophy in all of your games then yes, you'll need to start over with that particular family.

- Here are some bug tips from Helpful VF2 Windows/Mac Tips & Answers
Click to reveal..
Bugs like it when it's wet outside. Try looking for them when it is raining. There is also an e-mail weather event from the helpful neighbor, and tropical rain is sometimes available in the Flea Market area of the Store. There's also another surprise way to get bugs. smile

- In the case of the disappearing furniture, it sounds like the furniture accidentally sold. and the game gave you coins for it. It sometimes happens when an item has recently sold and the player touches another item. We're looking into it.

- As for sleeping arrangements, in VF2 peeps can sleep in whatever bed they choose. If you don't want adults using the kids beds you can try training them with the red and green gloves.

I hope this helps. smile

#234481 - 05/25/13 04:09 PM Virtual Families 2 Suggestion
NekoNinja Offline

Hello. I really enjoy playing this game, and I play it on Android. No real problems so far. However, it's taking up an enormous amount of space on my phone.

So my request/suggestion is that you enable the game to be transfered to the SD card. I have plenty of space there.
Thanks smile

#234737 - 06/01/13 01:28 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Suggestion [Re: NekoNinja]
mappam Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Florida, USA
Love the idea for patio furniture!

If I remember from VF1 you could change the wallpaper (??) Wish we could do that now and the flooring - add carpet or tile etc.

I would LOVE to see some curtains - the first room with the computers has no window coverings - it would be awesome if we could add different curtains (anywhere/everywhere).

I also agree about the washing machine - I really don't like the socks stacked next to the toilet. I bought a drying rack thinking that maybe they would wash the socks in the sink then dry them - nope.

Love the game - have in on my Kindle and PC. PC version I have 4 families ATM and all are still gen 1 so I have a lot to do in future. THANKS!!

I live in my own little world - I like it there - Everyone knows me.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter