Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 238 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#233680 - 04/30/13 03:50 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: arnie]
Peterson Offline

I learned lot of things after reading these posts so i just want to say one thing that its a great guideline for everyone. Thanks for sharing wonderful stuff.

#233920 - 05/09/13 07:21 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Tailored]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
Originally Posted By: Darien
One thing I'm a little baffled by is that there's no patio furniture available. What's the point in expanding your patio if you don't have anything to put out there for them to enjoy it? A BBQ grill maybe, sure... but nothing to sit down on, unless you wanna throw an old couch or a beanbag chair out there or something.

Originally Posted By: Princess_Atta
I'm baffled by the lack of patio furniture too actually.
So am I... BIG time. shocked Would have loved to see similar patio furniture as in VF-1, including the way they interacted!

#233958 - 05/11/13 06:09 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: arnie]
christina_ne Offline

1) Is it a glitch that in the store, some items, lets say the standard adult beds are all the same price, $850, but the blue bed is $1350. It is that way with some other items as well. What is the deal with that?

2) I also hate the fact that you cannot turn pieces exactly how you want to. You can turn them in two directions & that is fixed as well, it is not the same direction with all items.

3) I would like to have the ability to move the items that are already affixed to the house. (i.e. desks)

4) The Baby Boost shot should be cheaper than $2500, it used to be like $500 in VF 1. By the time we can afford to get the shot, we have already have to have kids because by the time the parents reach 40, I cannot get them to have a baby. Is 40 the cut off age? In real life, a lot of women have children in their 40's.

5) Why do our little people have to die at 65 or before? In Virtual Villagers, the villagers lived into their 80's and even 90's.

6) The mother cannot work while she is nursing. In real life, a mother can work while she is nursing. The moms in VF work at home. She can cook, do housework, & collect, so why not work?

7) In both VF versions, the mom carries the child forever. Then when the child shows up, it is 3 or 4 years old. Why can't the mom be pregnant for 9 months, then the baby is born & both parents care for it like in real life? A crib could be purchased, and when the child is say 1 & then be able to walk around but still require care while both parents are working at their career & in the house.

cool The children should look like one of the parents like in VF 1.

9) The price to adopt a child is way to high. By the time you make that much, considering you are buying necessities, food, and upgrades, it is hard to afford $4000 if you want to do anything else & keep food in the house.

10) Why do we have to wait for 3 generations to get a washer & dryer? How are the previous generations supposed to do laundry? There is not an option until the 3rd gen to do laundry.

Note: I don't want the game to be easy peasy to play, just be more realistic with life & reasonable, reachable goals or game play.

#233968 - 05/11/13 02:50 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: christina_ne]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
christina_ne, about your #7, the mom carries the child until it is two. I have gotten used to the mom carrying around the child since I've played just about all the Villager games.
Also, about the washer and dryer, I like how you are not able to buy everything at once. It restrains you from buying luxury items, so you will pay more attention to your family's needs.
I liked your suggestions and agree they should lower some prices a bit.
I would like to see paint made available in the game. I don't necessarily like all the colors of the walls and carpet.. Also, I think it would be cute for the family to have a small garden. This would help players save money on food; if the garden would allow to harvest vegetables. smile

#234006 - 05/13/13 02:13 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Nora Willow]
halfadime Offline

Loc: North Florida
The adult bed is too small. Add a queen or king, please, or just make it larger to begin with. A lot of the items are not sized properly to the size of the rooms or peeps.

A room should be set up for a nursery with items like a crib, changing table, bottle warmer, pottie chair, etc. Your
new baby picture shows a crib and nursery. Please follow through.

And what's up with all the gothic stuff? Are we REALLY into gothic that much or is it the creators?

How about some nightstands for the bedrooms other than those ugly white things? And TABLE LAMPS please!!!!

Big rooms with small furniture... not a good mix.

Why does it take so long for someone to complete their "work" cycle?

I agree with the person who mentioned that there's no patio furniture. How about adding that to the purchase list?

Why am I not advised of game updates?

I know you're working on this and all the other stuff.... I really would rather be an advocate than an obstructionist and
I’ll send more as I run across it if you don't mind.

Oh, and one more thing... there's no way I'll spend REAL dollars on purchasing stuff for this game, so if you want it to succeed I’d suggest you abandon that idea or make it a lot more intriguing.

#234015 - 05/13/13 12:19 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: halfadime]
flutterybys Offline

I have noticed statements by other Players re:items disappearing when they have just "touched them". I understand this to be because when you have recently sold something the game is in "sell mode" I would like to suggest an "are you sure" query which would alleviate this issue. Thanks

#234023 - 05/13/13 07:26 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: flutterybys]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
Originally Posted By: flutterybys
I have noticed statements by other Players re:items disappearing when they have just "touched them". I understand this to be because when you have recently sold something the game is in "sell mode" I would like to suggest an "are you sure" query which would alleviate this issue. Thanks

This is a great idea!

#234031 - 05/13/13 09:16 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Corylea]
halfadime Offline

Loc: North Florida
More suggestions.... (sorry I'm such a pain)

How about some chairs for the dining room table? Will the peeps go there to eat, or stick with the kitchen?

I got an email that said someone was coming to visit, but they never showed up. Are guests possible? That would be way cool.

Will there be items available for holidays (ie: decorations, lights, etc)?

Thanks for listening.

Me again.... am I posting on the right place for suggestions, or should I put them elsewhere?

Does anyone know the purpose of the fog and snow? I know the rain brings the bugs. In VV the fog brings out the mushrooms, but what's the purpose here?

If it snows, let it build up and give us a shovel and the opportunity for the kids to build a snowman.

#234034 - 05/13/13 10:16 PM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: halfadime]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
halfadime, I don't think the snow or the fog have any real significance or action. It is just there for decoration and effect.
I think it would be nice if the weather could effect what collectibles were in the yard, like in the VV games smile

#234038 - 05/14/13 12:05 AM Re: VF2 - Small suggestions [Re: Nora Willow]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
Every time one of my people has died, it's been snowing. Are they more likely to die in the winter, or does it snow as a way of mourning the passing of that little person?

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter