Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 180 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#233036 - 04/18/13 12:49 AM Please read if you have trouble with VF2!
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Hello, everyone! We have been hard at work fixing the issues you were experiencing with downloads and activation last night and today. I want to let you all know that we have uploaded a new Windows setup file that fixes the issues with activation codes/security codes and contains a configuration file, in case you need to manually change display modes. If you are experiencing these errors, please download VF2 again from the Try Now button on our main LDW site VF2 page, and use that to install the game.

We have also uploaded an updated Mac build that fixes some issues that were reported to us. If you're having issues with your Mac game, please submit a Support Ticket at our Help Desk to obtain that updated version.

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked through these problems!

#233040 - 04/18/13 02:03 AM Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! [Re: LadyCFII]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

I downloaded tonights version of the PC "Try It", with the same activation code errors. To ensure I was using the lastest version, I
* Removed the setup.exe from 4/16
* uninstalled VF2 files and folders from 4/16
* ran the setup file downloaded 4/17.

I have Vista and McAfee - My download still says the file is unsigned. I bypass this error by selecting the option to run anyway.

After all the files are extracted and given the option to start VF2 still get error.
"The security key for this program currently stored on your system does not appear to be valid for this version of the program. Select Yes to enter a new key, or No to revert to the default setting (if any)."

#233041 - 04/18/13 02:10 AM Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! [Re: Mayfly]
Unicorn

We're sorry that you're still having the problems. I have personally tested the update (downloaded from the Try Now link), and it does correct the problem with the security key errors. However, depending upon where you live, it can take several hours (even overnight) for the updated version to propagate to all of the cloud servers. You might want to give it some more time and try the download again.

All of our games are "unsigned," and Microsoft and 3rd party security software will issue various warnings about software that is not digitally signed. We have personally checked all of our uploads, and they are safe to download.

#233042 - 04/18/13 02:14 AM Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! [Re: LadyCFII]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

I also live in Colorado. Will I use a different Cloud Server than you?

I have faith that LDW would NEVER send me a file containing a problem. I have read a couple of posts about the security error and thought I would mention the by pass.

#233044 - 04/18/13 03:12 AM Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! [Re: Mayfly]
Unicorn

It's possible that your download came from a different server, depending upon where in Colorado you live and which ISP you're connected to. We have seen these delays after launch before, and it's frustrating for everyone. shocked

#233052 - 04/18/13 12:44 PM Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! [Re: LadyCFII]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

Bad news. Still receiving the activation error from file downloaded 4/18.

#233053 - 04/18/13 01:19 PM Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! [Re: Mayfly]
Unicorn

I will set up a temporary download link for you and provide it in your support ticket. You should see an email soon. Please delete any setup files for VF2 that are on your computer before downloading the updated file.

#233054 - 04/18/13 01:36 PM Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! [Re: Mayfly]
simsaoefreak Offline

Loc: NH
I encounter the same error message. Here is what I did to activate my game. when it says do you want to enter a new code key click yes and enter your keycode from the email LDW sent you. Try it and let me know if it worked.

#233059 - 04/18/13 03:47 PM Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! [Re: simsaoefreak]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
We appreciate your help, simsao, but she hasn't purchased the game yet, so she doesn't have an activation code to use. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#233061 - 04/18/13 08:30 PM Re: Please read if you have trouble with VF2! [Re: Xay]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

I live in Indiana and ISP is Xfinity. I've tried multiple times every few hours (minus when I was asleep of course) since speaking with Heather last night about the possible Cloud delays. I'm still getting the activation key error and it is still reading as Build 2.1.1.1 when I go to set up (I've deleted every previous set up file and such each time). Is it possible for it to be delayed this long?

I'm going to buy it a little later this evening since I know I will love the game regardless of the hour trial and since system requirements aren't an issue. But I just wanted to give the heads up that some of us are still experiencing difficulties.

Thanks for all of the hard work. I people don't get frustrated. These things happen. I for one understand smile

Edited by Princess_Atta (04/18/13 08:35 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter