Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#232662 - 03/20/13 06:52 AM Some glitches I've noticed
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Hi! First, thanks so much for making this for Androids, it's really the only game I play on mine now! smile

If a weed or collectible is too close to the bushes at the top, or slightly behind/off to the side of the garbage/recycle cans then my little peep cannot get them. Near the garbage cans, I simply cannot drop them onto the collectible/weed at all. At the top, I can drop them on, they pick it up and take one step then sort of do a little jump and drop it back to where it was to begin with. No matter how many times I try, that's what happens.

So, now when I start a new peep and go in, the first thing I do is make sure that there are no weeds in an inaccessible spot. If there is, I exit out and start again. Once I make it past the initial weeds though, I haven't seen any appear again in a bad spot, just collectibles.

Anyway, if you guys ever have time to fix that, it would be great! The game is still fun anyway so I'm not really trying to complain, just give you a heads up.

#232663 - 03/20/13 09:44 AM Re: Some glitches I've noticed [Re: Simsane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Hi Simsane,

I'm glad you enjoy playing VF! I agree about the difficulty sometimes of getting the peeps to pick up weeds in some places. That's been an issue sometimes even with the large-screen (relatively) versions for PCs and Macs. In LDW's defence, it is much harder to write code that avoids the problem for the Android platform than for iOS or PCs/Macs because of the larger variety of screen sizes of the different devices. What you're doing is probably the best work-around.

#232667 - 03/20/13 06:59 PM Re: Some glitches I've noticed [Re: arnie]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Hi Arnie,

Yea, I know that's also been a problem for the PC/Mac as I bought the game for my PC ages ago, right when it came out. Although, I never see that problem on my PC anymore so maybe it was updated at some point, I can't remember. I played the game for quite a while then got tired of it but after I got my table for Xmas and found VF for it, I started playing it on my PC too again.

Anyway, I understand it must be much harder to make games for Androids and as I said in my first post, I'm really not trying to complain -- it's a great game -- just let them know about these little glitches is all. Actually, I'm excitedly awaiting VF 2 for Android and I'd much rather they spent time on that this fixing VF. wink

#232669 - 03/20/13 11:43 PM Re: Some glitches I've noticed [Re: Simsane]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Thank you very much, Simsane smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#234920 - 06/07/13 04:08 PM Re: Some glitches I've noticed [Re: Xay]
Thandi Offline
Expert

Loc: Gallifrey
This is how my little peeps chose to celebrate their marriage (10 year anniversary). Dad, Camino, got roses for his wife and danced alone by the kitchen. His wife and mom of three, Dakota, chose to dust the furniture instead! Poor guy, he must be thrilled smirk

Attachments
Celebrating Marriage.jpg

Edited by Thandi (06/07/13 04:21 PM)

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter