Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 99 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#232351 - 01/24/13 02:16 PM Can't play the game because of the ad at the top
AmberKillian Offline
Trainee

Loc: North Carolina
I love the virtual villager and virtual family games, and have bought all for my computer. I was really glad to see some of them available for Android. Just installed the free version of vv4. The ad at the top of the screen pushes the game window down. Annoying, but I click through the story. My question is this: how exactly are we supposed to select villagers when the arrows we use to go through the villagers aren't even visible? I would be willing to bet that this issue is one of the main reasons this forum is utterly blank. Because I have played the game before, I will be willing to pay for the game, but you're going to have a hard time convincing new players when they can't even get past the selecting villagers part of the game.

ETA: I just went back into the game, (cause I'm stubborn and I wanted it to work, dang it!) and the screen did a weird flashy thing and it resized. I can see the whole thing. So it seems like I will be able to play! smile

Edited by AmberKillian (01/24/13 04:33 PM)

#232365 - 01/26/13 10:47 PM Re: Can't play the game because of the ad at the top [Re: AmberKillian]
AmberKillian Offline
Trainee

Okay, so now sometimes I can see the whole game screen and sometimes I can't. But now there's a new problem. The game force closes as I'm trying to open it. Seriously, I have to ask; did you guys even test this game on Android? Or do you not care as long as it works on Apple products? The problems in the free version make me wonder if the paid version would even work. I'll probably never know. It's a little pathetic when a free game turns a loyal player against paying the two bucks or whatever it was for the full version. Honestly I don't even know why I'm posting this, since you guys obviously don't care. I saw the force close issue in reviews over a year old. I assumed you would have fixed it by now. Obviously not.

#232366 - 01/26/13 11:36 PM Re: Can't play the game because of the ad at the top [Re: AmberKillian]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I'm sorry that you've run into that crash with VV4 Lite. Unfortunately, we have not been able to reproduce this crash on any of our test devices (and we have tried many times). As a result, we have not determined the exact cause of the crash, although it appears to be related to the population limit in the free version.

The free version of Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life is limited to a maximum population of 9 villagers, and it appears to be crashing after it reaches that limit. Until we are able to find and fix this bug, you should keep the population of your tribe at a maximum of 8 villagers to avoid the crash (and make sure that no villagers have a checkmark next to Parenting on their details screen, so that no baby villagers are created without your direct involvement).

If you are unable to open the game at all, the issue may resolve itself and allow you to open the game again once the population has dropped below 9 villagers (due to aging and attrition). If this doesn't happen, the only option may be to delete and reinstall the game. Please note that everything in the game will be deleted, and you will need to start all over from the beginning.

This crash only occurs on the free version, and doesn't occur on the full, paid version of the game. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this causes, and we recommend the action described above to avoid the problem until such time as a fix is available.

#232367 - 01/26/13 11:49 PM Re: Can't play the game because of the ad at the top [Re: LadyCFII]
AmberKillian Offline
Trainee

Thank you! I'm glad to know it's only in the free version. That theory makes sense, since last time I could open it I had 40 people.

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter