Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186929 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#232162 - 01/02/13 08:55 PM VF2 sock issue
FrauSchnarf Offline

Loc: Silicon Valley
Hi, I'm on my 3rd generation in VF2 and they won't pick up socks anymore. They used to pick them up but now when you drop someone on a sock it says they're picking it up, they bend over to pick it up, but then they just stop & wander off leaving the sock where it was. Is this some puzzle I'm supposed to figure out or a bug? I did recently clear the sock pile in the bathroom, not sure if that's related.

#232163 - 01/02/13 09:12 PM Re: VF2 sock issue [Re: FrauSchnarf]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi FrauSchnarf. This usually occurs because there is something blocking the path between your little person and where they need to go, in this case the washer.

The most likely cause is furniture or other decor items that you have placed in the house. Even if it looks clear to you, they might think it isn't. Our little family members can be pretty picky about what "clear" means! In this situation, try moving the furniture around, especially between the sock on the floor and the washer, as well as around the washer.

Once your little people "see" a clear path, they will happily take the sock where it needs to go. smile I hope this helps.

#232164 - 01/02/13 11:56 PM Re: VF2 sock issue [Re: MissKathy]
SarahSmile Offline
Adviser

Loc: Arcata, CA, USA
It would be nice if we could get an error message when something like this happens. I just realized that the wife stops in the middle of going over to make a baby since I moved the bed to the corner of the room because they like to get on the bed from opposite sides even though they don't do that to sleep.

#232165 - 01/03/13 05:23 AM Re: VF2 sock issue [Re: SarahSmile]
FrauSchnarf Offline

Loc: Silicon Valley
I didn't think it was furniture since I have socks in all the hallways now. I moved *only* the washer - and all I did was pick it up and put it back down in the exact same spot I've always had it, and now they're picking up socks again. Very odd.

#232544 - 02/19/13 07:38 AM Re: VF2 sock issue [Re: FrauSchnarf]
Shellymanelly Offline

I can't get my people to take the socks to the washer. I have moved it to multiple locations and they still take the socks to the pile by the toilet. I drop them on the pile again and again and they just walk off to do other things. Any suggestions?

#232545 - 02/19/13 12:11 PM Re: VF2 sock issue [Re: Shellymanelly]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
One thing you might try is to move the washer back to the decor tray for a short while, then move it back into the house. That might do something to remind the game of the washer's existence!

#232547 - 02/19/13 08:51 PM Re: VF2 sock issue [Re: arnie]
Shellymanelly Offline

Thanks! That worked.

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter