Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 99 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#232307 - 01/16/13 05:44 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 - earning money [Re: jbart321]
stardustz17 Offline

Loc: USA
It is definitely possible. I started a new game on my boyfriend's ipod and one of my peeps mastered his job at the age of 37 (could have been earlier but I just opened the game this morning). It's the end of the second day and I have 25k saved up.

When you are not actively playing be sure to completely close the game (for me, I exit the game, double click the home button, press and hold on an icon until it shakes and then close VF2). I find that they earn a LOT faster this way. Give it a try and see if it does anything. I also make sure to praise them only for working and exercising. If they are doing something else, I drop them back to working.

One thing I noticed, the more career upgrades you have the longer it takes for them to complete their work cycle because they play with every single item you purchased. It may cause a greater increase in their job leveling, but it takes longer so I'm not sure if it really helps seeing that my first generation was able to master his job at 37 which is roughly the same as my other game with more career upgrades.

When you are super tight on money, just sell your furniture. You only need a couch. If you bought your items at sale price, you make back everything you spent. If you paid full price, then you only get back half of what you spent.

Hope it helps. Good luck and don't give up smile

#232308 - 01/16/13 07:10 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 - earning money [Re: stardustz17]
jbart321 Offline
Expert

That is one thing I have never been able to do, master a job. I send them to work every time I am on and I always close the game like you mentioned. I do it for all apps because I am OCD like that. Doesn't really make a difference. My wife seems to have better luck but not by much. My patience is running out, lol. I appreciate the pointers, however. Thank you.

#232312 - 01/17/13 05:53 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 - earning money [Re: jbart321]
stardustz17 Offline

Every time I start a new generation I make sure to stay with my little people until they complete 3 or 4 work cycles so they get the hang of it and I praise them twice then give them a candy or fruit if I have any on hand. I would praise them once for preparing and once for eating a meal and after each time I'll praise them twice for working on their career. Basically praise them once on other tasks they should do and twice when they go back to work.

Just curious. What is the starting salary of your little people? I stick with 15 if possible, then 105, and finally 90 as a last resort.

Side tip: Making coffee actually boosts their energy by a little bit.

#232313 - 01/17/13 02:18 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 - earning money [Re: stardustz17]
Ruby L Offline
Trainee

Loc: Les États-Unis
Originally Posted By: stardustz17
Every time I start a new generation I make sure to stay with my little people until they complete 3 or 4 work cycles so they get the hang of it and I praise them twice then give them a candy or fruit if I have any on hand. I would praise them once for preparing and once for eating a meal and after each time I'll praise them twice for working on their career. Basically praise them once on other tasks they should do and twice when they go back to work.

Just curious. What is the starting salary of your little people? I stick with 15 if possible, then 105, and finally 90 as a last resort.

Side tip: Making coffee actually boosts their energy by a little bit.

stardustz17, you've provided some very helpful tips for us all; thank you! Does the coffee also make them crash after a while? I gave one mother an energy drink once, and the result was so funny. She was super energized for a day (real time) or more! I didn't notice any downside, but I saved up for the hammock after that so I could get them to nap or rest reliably (I know it's not necessary, but I liked the hammock from the 1st game).

I usually aim for a career with a low starting salary. According to the VF Careers and salaries spreadsheet (can be found online with a simple search), those careers have a higher maximum salary.

#232314 - 01/17/13 07:20 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 - earning money [Re: Ruby L]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
The Fan Compilation of Virtual Families Careers and Salaries can be found here. It is worth noting that it was complied by players for the original game, and in the new game (VF2) there are different careers, different salaries and some of the old careers are no longer there.

We're always open to someone doing the same thing with VF2! smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#232315 - 01/17/13 07:30 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 - earning money [Re: Xay]
Ruby L Offline
Trainee

I didn't know if it would be appropriate for me to post a link to a different site, but since fans compiled the list, I thought I could mention it in a non-specific way. Thanks for posting the link and inviting us to update it for VF2!

#232316 - 01/17/13 11:44 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 - earning money [Re: Ruby L]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
The one I'm thinking of is not on a different website laugh It's here on our forums, in the Guide Section of Virtual Families! I don't know of any others, but I invite everyone interested to take a peek at the one linked in my last post. smile

We do thank you for your caution though, it is very much appreciated!
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#232317 - 01/18/13 01:23 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 - earning money [Re: Xay]
stardustz17 Offline

Ruby: I didn't notice them crashing but I do believe the increase in energy from coffee is greater than from the grand latte. The website you are referring to, is it jayisgame?

I actually started a spreadsheet via google docs with most of the jobs and the starting salary (lots of clicking try again). I will create a new topic for that in a little bit.

#232319 - 01/18/13 04:38 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 - earning money [Re: stardustz17]
Ruby L Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: stardustz17
Ruby: . . . The website you are referring to, is it jayisgame?

I actually started a spreadsheet via google docs with most of the jobs and the starting salary (lots of clicking try again). I will create a new topic for that in a little bit.

Yes, that's the site. I'm glad there's a chart here, though, since this forum is moderated by representatives of the game; less chance of errors going unnoticed, yes?

I look forward to reading your topic on VF2 jobs and salaries, stardustz17.

#232326 - 01/19/13 01:18 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 - earning money [Re: Ruby L]
jbart321 Offline
Expert

Still no luck making money. I also noticed since the update a few days ago the money being gained is even slower than before. This really needs fixed.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter