Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186928 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#230467 - 12/11/11 12:55 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: Oreocreme]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Originally Posted By: Oreocreme
I don't like the fact that pets are like furniture--in the house forever. You can only switch from one type of animal to another. It is sort of weird if your great-grandmother's cat is still walking around your house. I usually buy a new animal when a new couple takes over the house, but the store doesn't always have one, so I end up with a 100 year-old dog. I think they should be more like members of the family, and I don't think you should be forced to have a pet forever just because you bought one once.

You can always rename the pet_grid.png file and then the pet images won't show in your game. When you're ready to have a pet again, rename the file to the original name. You also have additional pet options in the Pet Listings of the Virtual Families Mod Directory. Of course in order to use either of these options, you must have access to the games image folder. smile

#230537 - 12/22/11 09:42 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: FlyersfaninNV]
idasone Offline

i don't like it when all your kids go to college and the parents don't die fast!

#231880 - 10/28/12 08:21 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: FlyersfaninNV]
boet Offline
Trainee

Loc: Alaska
I don't like to start new generation when there is a remaining spouse that is living longer. And so it can be boring and take a while for new family. I would not mind the remaining spouse moving out if it said something like moving in with daughter or son....

Arg, it is just a game but jeez....

#231886 - 10/30/12 04:55 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: boet]
candypanda57 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
I like that when you start a new generation you get a marriage proposal pretty quickly. I hate that if you reject the first proposal you have to wait quite a while to get another one. I had to wait an hour one time. That's why I usually just go with the first proposal that comes along.

#231891 - 11/07/12 08:49 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: candypanda57]
Andy'sGirl Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
It annoys me how pets are treated like furniture. They are too cute to be ignored.

#231893 - 11/09/12 05:31 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: Andy'sGirl]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

Two things:

1. The fact that when your kids have moved out, you're just waiting for the parents to die. It's not so bad in the beginning, as you can still buy upgrades for the house, repair floors, walls etc, but once you have everything, it's just tedious.

2. The fact that some collectibles only appear when it's raining, and often not even then. I like the collectible aspect, but not this part. I'm on Generation 12 of my current family and I have two bugs. Beyond frustrating.

#231906 - 11/16/12 04:25 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: Umineko Otaku]
Magesteff Offline
Expert

Loc: Western Pennsylvania
In most of the games (Virtual Villagers etc) it's the female characters that end up doing the first two years of child care. It would be nice if it was random chance (50/50) between which parent spends the first two years carrying the child around. It seem to penalize the female characters - they can't progress in any skills in any of the games when there is a child.

#231985 - 12/12/12 07:25 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: Magesteff]
GypsyFade Offline

I wish there were more options than just Caucasian couples.

#232289 - 01/14/13 10:44 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: FlyersfaninNV]
RaggDoll Offline

Loc: OR
Why is it so hard to get a rainbow family??? I try and try and try, but even when I get a rainbow gal, or blue/black guy; no rainbow proposals come I. These tow are so in frequent it is annoying. have one game for trophies, and a couple more to make rainbow families. My peeps get too old for more than one kid by the time I get a decent mate to show up. GRRRRR...... Other than that I love the game, but won't be getting for any apple product, get it out for androids.

#232419 - 01/31/13 10:52 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: RaggDoll]
IsolaFlower Offline
Adviser

Loc: Ohio
I know the problem very well and it bugs me! But what I usually do is have a rainbow\blue haired girl\guy and then wait till I get a Blonde proposal...because as you can see here...
http://teacherkathy.com/VF/bigheads00.png
The blondes are RIGHT by the "special people" so its alright if you can't find another in their range, just settle for a blondie that's close to them and you still have a good chance for special kids smile

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter