Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#231187 - 04/18/12 09:29 PM VV & VF for Kindle Fire
EmeriLizzie Offline

I would love to have the VV and VF games on my Kindle Fire. My husbands iPad is too heavy for my crippled hands and the screen is too small on my iPhone.

Please and Thank You!!

Suzanne
EmeriLizzie

#231189 - 04/18/12 11:17 PM Re: VV & VF for Kindle Fire [Re: EmeriLizzie]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I have all of our Android version games installed on my Kindle Fire. Even though they are not yet available on Amazon's site, you can purchase them elsewhere and load them onto the Fire. They work fine there. laugh

#231193 - 04/19/12 01:20 AM Re: VV & VF for Kindle Fire [Re: LadyCFII]
EmeriLizzie Offline

Can you tell me how to do that? My husband has tried purchasing games in the android store but can't get them to load on my Kindle. Is there a secret?

Many thanks!
Suzanne
EmeriLizzie

#231198 - 04/19/12 03:58 AM Re: VV & VF for Kindle Fire [Re: EmeriLizzie]
Unicorn

It's not very difficult to install games onto the Kindle Fire, although you will need a cable and a computer in order to do it.

To install apps onto your Kindle Fire this way, you'll need to connect it to your computer using a micro-USB cable, which doesn't come with the Kindle Fire. I use the cable from my Kindle DX, which works fine, but any micro-USB cable that fits the Fire's connector will work. Once you have a compatible cable to use, you'll be able to connect the Fire to your computer.

I've included the instructions from the Kindle Fire User's Guide (below) for connecting the Fire to your computer. When you get to Step 4, you'll want to copy the .apk file(s) for any applications you want to install on the Fire to the Downloads folder on the Fire. Once the transfers are finished, you can proceed with Step 5. Once the Fire is fully disconnected, you can navigate to the Downloads folder on your Fire and install the apps from there (by tapping on them and choosing the Install option).

Quote:
You can transfer a variety of content types to your Kindle Fire via its micro-USB connector, including music, videos, photos, and documents. Please note that personal content transferred to your Kindle Fire is only stored on your device and not archived in the cloud.

To transfer content from your computer to your Kindle Fire, do the following:

1. Connect your Kindle Fire to your computer with a micro-USB cable (sold separately).
  2. Slide the arrow from right to left to unlock your Kindle.
  3. Open the Kindle Fire drive on your computer. Your Kindle Fire will appear as an external storage drive or volume on the computer’s desktop. Note that Kindle Fire is not usable as a device while connected to your computer as a storage drive or volume.
  4. Drag and drop your content into the applicable content folder, such as Music or Pictures.
  5. When you are done transferring files, press the Disconnect button at the bottom of the Kindle Fire screen and eject it from your computer, then unplug the USB cable.

#231202 - 04/19/12 10:41 AM Re: VV & VF for Kindle Fire [Re: LadyCFII]
EmeriLizzie Offline

That much he knows how to do (He's a DBA). His problem is since they're not in the APP store for Kindle can he cross platforms? Take the iOS games and move to Kindle? We don't have any actual android devices & the android app store won't let him purchase without registering an android device. Does that make any sense at all?

Thanks again for any help! Our youngest daughter (10) & I are addicted to the games and we both have Kindles.

Suzanne
EmeriLizzie

#231203 - 04/19/12 06:07 PM Re: VV & VF for Kindle Fire [Re: EmeriLizzie]
Unicorn

I didn't realize that the Kindle Fire was the only Android-based device you had, and iOS apps are not compatible with Android devices, such as the Kindle Fire. Unfortunately, Google doesn't allow the Fire to be registered with them, so (as you have discovered) you aren't able to purchase apps from Google Play. It's unfortunate that the Fire is excluded from making app purchases from Google. I can't speculate as to when we might have our games available on the Amazon Appstore, but we do intend to make that happen at some point.

#231220 - 04/20/12 02:54 AM Re: VV & VF for Kindle Fire [Re: LadyCFII]
EmeriLizzie Offline

Thank you for all your help, Barbara! I'll keep my eyes open for when they do become available.

Suzanne
EmeriLizzie

#232116 - 12/28/12 02:17 AM Re: VV & VF for Kindle Fire [Re: EmeriLizzie]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Loc: PA
Barb, this seems as good a place as any to beg for fish tycoon for the kindle. The amazon appstore doesn't have any decent fish games!
Just mentioning...
smile

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter