Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#234970 - 06/08/13 07:51 PM Re: Virtual Families vs. Virtual Villagers series? [Re: AmberKillian]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
Originally Posted By: AmberKillian
I like VF better. Mainly because you have fewer pixel people, and can get to 'know' them better. Once my tribe hits about 25 or so, I can't identify with my villagers. smile
oh yeah? Try with 100 grin

#234973 - 06/08/13 10:38 PM Re: Virtual Families vs. Virtual Villagers series? [Re: VV3 girl123]
candypanda57 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
I love both VV and VF alot, but I do prefer VF. It's just easier keeping track of one family over an entire village! However, if there ever is a VV6 I would get it.

#235018 - 06/10/13 01:12 AM Re: Virtual Families vs. Virtual Villagers series? [Re: candypanda57]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

Definitely the VV series for me. No contest. The VV games are all about building a working society, the farmers getting food for the builders and the researchers etc, and learning new things to improve your little peeps' life.

The VF games, on the other hand, involve nothing more than waiting for your peeps to make lots of money so you can buy some cool stuff. (That's not to say I don't get attached to my little families; of course I do :))

Having said that, VF2 does score over the VV games in three big ways:

1. You can adopt. I've never ended up with an all male/all female tribe before, but the ability to recruit from another tribe or look for lost tribe members etc would be a great addition to the VV games.

2. Family trees. I'm still hoping this will make an appearance in future VV games, even if it's just the ability to trace parents.

3. Anyone can see collectibles, and if someone picks up a collectible and you accidentally pick up that person, the collectible isn't lost.

Of course, as always this is just my opinion smile No offense intended to anyone.

#235019 - 06/10/13 05:47 AM Re: Virtual Families vs. Virtual Villagers series? [Re: JudasFm]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: JudasFm

1. You can adopt. I've never ended up with an all male/all female tribe before, but the ability to recruit from another tribe or look for lost tribe members etc would be a great addition to the VV games.

2. Family trees. I'm still hoping this will make an appearance in future VV games, even if it's just the ability to trace parents.

3. Anyone can see collectibles, and if someone picks up a collectible and you accidentally pick up that person, the collectible isn't lost.

1. That would be nice in VV games, I agree.

2. Don't hold your breath! The large number of peeps in VV games would take up too much memory. Even with a maximum of only six peeps per generation in VF (only one of whom continues to the next generation and has babies) the game has to start dropping generations from the family tree after the 30th generation.

3. Again, that might be useful when you don't have any kids around, but the adults are usually working in VV so you wouldn't want to use them to pick up collectibles. In the later VV games you can interrupt a kid when picking up a collectible without losing it, anyway.

#235020 - 06/10/13 06:43 AM Re: Virtual Families vs. Virtual Villagers series? [Re: arnie]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: arnie
2. Don't hold your breath! The large number of peeps in VV games would take up too much memory. Even with a maximum of only six peeps per generation in VF (only one of whom continues to the next generation and has babies) the game has to start dropping generations from the family tree after the 30th generation.

Sorry, I should have been a lot clearer smile I don't mean trace every single villager's relationship to every other villager like they do in VF. I was thinking more about keeping the family tree system which already exists in VV; when a child is born, its parents are always displayed in the kid's Details page until the child grows up. I'd just like future VV games to stop that from disappearing.

I can keep tabs on who's related to who by a system of name codes (which involve a lot of apostrophes and hyphens and actually wind up looking pretty cool!) but I'd still like to be able to keep the image of the little peeps' parents through life and beyond, maybe with small pics in the mortuary when you click on the dead villager's details.

Originally Posted By: arnie
3. Again, that might be useful when you don't have any kids around, but the adults are usually working in VV so you wouldn't want to use them to pick up collectibles. In the later VV games you can interrupt a kid when picking up a collectible without losing it, anyway.

Can you pick up a kid that's carrying a collectible and move them onto something else without losing it? It's been a long time since I played the later games, so I honestly can't remember. If you can, then I apologize and take back that particular comment, and will go and edit it out smile

As for the adults working...you're right, but I think it depends on the style of play. My VF2 adults are always working, but if they're the first person I come to when there's a collectible to be grabbed, then they're the ones I use to grab it. Work will be there forever, but collectibles come and go laugh

Edited by JudasFm (06/10/13 06:46 AM)

#235051 - 06/11/13 02:50 PM Re: Virtual Families vs. Virtual Villagers series? [Re: JudasFm]
Thandi Offline
Expert

Loc: Gallifrey
My vote is for VF laugh

Click to reveal..
I like being able to connect to my people and actually caring about their life events.

I dont care all that much that they have to work hard for coins, it makes it all the more realistic to me that you don't acquire everything the moment you want it. If you want a pool, you hhave to save for it.

It is no effort of all to keep track of relations and there no chance of otherwise

With the risk of sounding shallow, I hated the primitiveness of VV, I probably would have liked it more if they were building towards rescue signals, rather than planning to stay there.

On the whole VV has a "spiritual" vibe... or maybe its the one I played (vv4) I didnt really care about healing the the tree. I'm very practical, I want to work and see the the benefits of my work in possesions not in chants or whatever was going with that. I hated doing the same action over and over like clearing the stream.

I will add though that I enjoyed building, that seemed purposeful to me. All my peeps were builders along with other things. I liked the challenges as well and the puzzles. The tomb for the dead is a great idea to remember them and it gave it that personal touch.

The biggest reason and difference between the two in my opinion, is that VV is fast paced whereas VF is slower paced. I like the feeling that I don't have to be at the edge of my seat all the time. I felt that way in VV, there was too much going on that gaming felt like work, rather than a break from work. When I lost half my tribe and couldnt remember the kids relation to each other, that is when I realised that I am a slow paced kind of girl smile

Edited by Thandi (06/11/13 02:54 PM)
Edit Reason: spoilers

#235061 - 06/11/13 07:51 PM Re: Virtual Families vs. Virtual Villagers series? [Re: VV3 girl123]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: VV3 girl123
I like VF better. Mainly because you have fewer pixel people, and can get to 'know' them better. Once my tribe hits about 25 or so, I can't identify with my villagers. smile

Try 136!!! BEAT THAT! Just kidding. grin

Originally Posted By: Thandi

Click to reveal..
VV is fast paced whereas VF is slower paced.

You can set the pace in VV, actually, to slow normal or fast.

#235126 - 06/13/13 08:01 PM Re: Virtual Families vs. Virtual Villagers series? [Re: vfam2player]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: vfam2player
Originally Posted By: VV3 girl123

Try 136!!! BEAT THAT! Just kidding. grin

Originally Posted By: Thandi

Click to reveal..
VV is fast paced whereas VF is slower paced.

You can set the pace in VV, actually, to slow normal or fast.
Did ya really get to 136? I thought the limit was 125. confused

#235127 - 06/13/13 08:18 PM Re: Virtual Families vs. Virtual Villagers series? [Re: VV3 girl123]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
Yes, my brother and I played all summer 2 years age. VV5.

Edited by vfam2player (06/13/13 08:18 PM)

#235129 - 06/13/13 08:21 PM Re: Virtual Families vs. Virtual Villagers series? [Re: vfam2player]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: vfam2player
Yes, my brother and I played all summer 2 years age. VV5.
Oh, for some reason I was thinking you were talking bout VV3 grin

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter