Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 180 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 17 of 18 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
#236486 - 10/04/13 12:44 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: lavaluv27]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: lavaluv27
I agree.I always feel unlikely to keep on playing for more hours after I solved all puzzles.But what to do if you made hundreds of them and there are no spaces to place?

I'm not sure that would be an issue. The first - and only - time I played VV2, by the time I solved all the puzzles, I had about 15 totems.

I don't think a villager gets a huge benefit from being made an elder (though I can't remember for sure). Since there's no easy way to improve Building or Healing skill in VV2 as the game progresses, most of us end up racking up the Parenting, Farming and Research skill.

The point is, my little peeps have never become Elders on their own; I've always had to deliberately build those three sets of skills. With that in mind, you could easily control the number of elders on your island.

Quote:

You may need another village on Isola or other island.Tell me how'd they join your tribe.

There are two ways this could happen:

1. A random event, similar to the barrel of babies in other VV games. Something like, "Tapu has heard of Aponi's great beauty and traveled from his tribe to ask for her hand in marriage. Does Aponi accept?"

If Yes, Tapu joins the tribe as a regular member. If No, Tapu wanders off again.

2. A deliberate event instigated by the player. This could be done via an Upgrade Villager menu, and you could choose to send that particular villager for a price (the villager would leave for, say, half an hour and then come back with a stranger) or as an option on the Tech Point menu. Or maybe there could be a pathway that your peeps have to clear as one of the puzzles, and once it's cleared, you could drag and drop an adult peep there and that would bring up a menu ("Does Tapu want to recruit a new member from another tribe? Cost: 1000 food/5000 tech points")

You wouldn't actually visit or see the other village; it would just be a way of gaining more population. There could be a timer set on it or something to prevent people overusing it.

I know in the past there have been people getting stuck with only female villagers, or having only one villager left. This would be a handy way around that.

Quote:
I want a family tree for each villager;to know who are the kid's parents,grandparents....,and to know who gave birth to who.

Given the rather intricate relationships in the VV games, I think this would end up as more of a family bush laugh I use a system of honorifics that I developed for my peeps, so I can tell at a glance who's related to who, right down to parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, siblings and half-siblings. Works beautifully and I don't even have to click out of the game to look it up wink That said, it'd still be nice to keep pictures of the parents...

Quote:
If only the chief had some special abilities as in VV3.

Yes, I agree; I wouldn't want a chief that just sat around doing nothing wink

Quote:
And thank you,JudasFm.I used to think keeping larger population is the best.I had many experiences that required huge toughness having 80-90-100 villagers.I'm now just replaying VV1 and as you advised,I’m attempting to save population.Wow everything is becoming finer! wink

No worries wink It's a very personal choice, but I like smaller tribes since it's easier to keep track of people. And I feel more like my little peeps are individual villagers, as opposed to yet another scientist or farmer laugh

#236489 - 10/04/13 04:44 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: JudasFm]
lavaluv27 Offline

Loc: Tokyo,land of sunrise
Quote:
Given the rather intricate relationships in the VV games, I think this would end up as more of a family bush laugh I use a system of honorifics that I developed for my peeps, so I can tell at a glance who's related to who, right down to parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, siblings and half-siblings. Works beautifully and I don't even have to click out of the game to look it up wink That said, it'd still be nice to keep pictures of the parents...

You are so methodical!

PS Lol,family BUSH. smile

Edited by lavaluv27 (10/04/13 05:31 PM)

#236490 - 10/04/13 05:28 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: invalidthirteen]
lavaluv27 Offline

# I want photo for every dead in mausoleum.I often forget who this dead is and can’t remember what he/she was like. laugh

# If I collected many collectables of a same kind,then I want to use it as a tool.For example,if I collected 100 flasks the villager of my choice can own it.Having a flask makes the villager to get more tech points when researcing at lab. cool

# I think it’s wonderful if there are 4 seasons on Isola.Changes every 48 or 72 hours for example.No necessity for those seasons to be exactly same as our world but I think it may be very refreshing if there are some visual changes according to the season. cool

My suggestion;

Spring
*In addition to the usual herbs,some herbs peculiar to this season grow.(Only while in spring.)

*Villagers can work more efficiently because of the mild climate.

Summer
*Scince it’s rainy season,the water of the ocean increases so more fish can be caught.

*Being hot and humid,the villagers drink water more often and frequently take some rests.

Autumn
*The season of harvest.You find extra crops on the berry tree or in the field.But the appetite decreases the food stocks of the food bin at faster speed.

*Leaves turn red and they fall.You have to sweep up the fallen leaves sometimes.

*School begins.If you built a nursing school already,a child born at this time will be born with little skill.

Winter
*Trees wither.

*Easy to catch a cold and to feel sick.Time to heal someone more often.

*Temperature is low so the water of ocean or lake is very cold.And the point for a fish will be lower.However, the foods you gathered are kept at appropriate temperature like in fridge,you will lose your foods very slowly.

*Frosts on the ground but villagers walk a little bit faster because it’s slippery.

# I think it’s good that the villagers will be ranked as players progress the game.It is like we have titles as forum users.I want the actions taken by their own will to include more meanings to the villagers.Telling a story,praising,arguing,complaining…etc.,those deeds should be accumulated as experience value points. smile

# I want a home for the aged.Compared with ordinary villagers,there are really few jobs for slow-moving old people to contribute to the village.I do not like that the elderly people wander meaninglessly.I want them to stay at one place as much as possible.However,for the people who shared pleasures and pains together for dozens of hours,the place should not be where to wait their death merely. They still have small jobs.The elderly basically spend the rest of their life just sitting on the chairs of the saloon talking old stories happily with other people. The young villagers and the kids are occasionally called by the elderly,and if you are lucky the wisdom of Isola will be given.Sometimes you may be asked to bring the drinking water,foods and some stews. smile

# I would like to create an avatar that resembles myself and to participate in the game! smile smile laugh

Edited by lavaluv27 (10/04/13 07:51 PM)

#236540 - 10/14/13 06:01 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: JudasFm]
lavaluv27 Offline

Quote:
There are two ways this could happen:

1. A random event, similar to the barrel of babies in other VV games. Something like, "Tapu has heard of Aponi's great beauty and traveled from his tribe to ask for her hand in marriage. Does Aponi accept?"

If Yes, Tapu joins the tribe as a regular member. If No, Tapu wanders off again.
I think this is very good idea. wink Taking my own experience from VV3,an event brought one adult villager regardless of my Yes or No.But actually I didn't need him.I also want all random events should be such concrete and more special,not only just mokeys left/picked up some foods,somebody got sick,,,whatever. tired

Quote:
2. A deliberate event instigated by the player. This could be done via an Upgrade Villager menu, and you could choose to send that particular villager for a price (the villager would leave for, say, half an hour and then come back with a stranger) or as an option on the Tech Point menu.
I'm very interested in your word Upgrade Villager menu.If this was added to one of the upgrades permanently,definitely would be a good solution in case that your villagers now that became small cluster of all female/male as you once got stuck. grin

Quote:
Or maybe there could be a pathway that your peeps have to clear as one of the puzzles, and once it's cleared, you could drag and drop an adult peep there and that would bring up a menu ("Does Tapu want to recruit a new member from another tribe? Cost: 1000 food/5000 tech points")

You wouldn't actually visit or see the other village; it would just be a way of gaining more population. There could be a timer set on it or something to prevent people overusing it.
Sounds really splendid and I like that way.Temporary employment-this means visual freshness to me to see new people and quite good instant support. smile

#236770 - 12/27/13 06:12 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: lavaluv27]
kimmar Offline
Expert

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
I'd like the game to actually run in real-time. For every minute I'm playing the game I'd like an actual minute of game time. It's very annoying to have to turn the game off so that women with babes in arms can get the game clock to the point where they can go back to work.

#236780 - 01/02/14 06:20 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: kimmar]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
It would take literally 2 years for a baby to reach "toddling" age if it was a minute of real time to a minute of game time, as you suggest. 4 hours real time is approximately a year in the life of an adult, with a baby reaching 2 years old in 4 hours (baby time was sped up a bit smile ).
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#237076 - 04/11/14 10:36 AM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: Xay]
Hugo2424 Offline
Adviser

I would like to see a larger map and a much higher population max.

#237141 - 04/30/14 10:13 PM Any chance of ZOOMING could be added
mlw1980 Offline

Loc: USA
I just started playing this game yesterday on my IPod and just love it only thing is you can't ZOOM in, I also have a tablet that I play on only it andriod I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants this am I?

#237907 - 02/06/15 10:22 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV?
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Tyler, TX
Could you make the Heathen Mommy available again on VV5
Like for these requirements
Make a special day to buy it and you get the puzzle along with buying it.
Make a special version for some more money like 14.95 for example
Make a free day including the puzzle
Make it available to all LDW purchasers who PM you or send you an email.
And if you do this could you also do this on iPhone and iPad.

#237922 - 02/08/15 11:40 PM Re: What is your hope on the next chapter of VV? [Re: VF_Life]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Tyler, TX
Please

Page 17 of 18 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter