Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#227382 - 01/10/11 11:05 PM Problems With Nursing Moms
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Update: We have released an updated version of VV5 (1.00.01) that will prevent nursing timer issues when females are made young again. The update will not correct the timers of any existing stuck moms, but it will prevent stuck timers from occurring after the update is installed. See <======== Arthur's Facebook feed at the left of this page for details regarding how to get the update.

There have been numerous reports of problems with the timers for the nursing moms in VV5, which are largely due to the way people are choosing to play the game. Only one of these issues is new in VV5, and many of them have been in the VV games since the beginning of the series. Any activity that interferes with the uninterrupted passage of time in the game will often adversely affect the game's timers, particularly those of nursing moms. If you're having problems with nursing moms (or any game timer), it's likely due to one of the following:
  • Pausing and un-pausing the game a lot for such things as placing multiple children onto collectibles. While many people use pause to help them with everything from breeding to collectibles, the game was designed to be paused while you are away from it for several hours, not as a means to assist with game play.
  • Adjusting your computer's system clock to speed up game play (commonly referred to as "time travel"). While many people do adjust their system clocks to speed up play, doing so affects far more than just the games. Every application in your computer is affected, including the file system and system functions. For all of those reasons, we do not recommend changing your computer's system clock to speed up game play.
  • Having a female villager revert to a younger age, either from an Island Event or by using the Grant Youth power to make a female young again (new in VV5). Whenever a female becomes younger, the nursing timer will not operate properly until she once again reaches her original age, even if she was not nursing when she was made young. If you want to grant youth to a female villager, be sure that you understand that she will not nurse children normally for a long time. You can think of it as a highly specific and limited form of time travel, which has always played havoc with the game's internal timers.

There are a few ways to potentially resolve the situation, depending upon what caused the issue:
  1. If you adjusted your computer's system clock, you can set it to the correct date and time and wait for the game to get back in sync again. It could take a long time for that to happen, though, depending on the amount of adjustment that was made. You can look here for a long, sorry saga of what can happen to a game when time travel goes bad.
  2. If you have been pausing and unpausing the game a lot to give yourself a helping hand in the game, you can try the workaround that is described in item 6 in Mystwalker's post in the VV4 forum.
  3. If an Island Event made her younger or you used Grant Youth (or Revive, in special cases) on the villager, you can either allow her to carry the baby around until she finishes nursing it or you can use Time Warp (VV5 only) on her to more rapidly return her to her original age. It could take many tries to fully "undo" the Grant Youth, since Time Warp ages a villager in small increments.
  4. If all else fails, you can simply wait it out to see if the game returns to normal, or you can start another game in a different player slot and check on the malfunctioning game occasionally to see if it is normal again.

#227530 - 01/12/11 03:09 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: LadyCFII]
Magesteff Offline
Expert

Loc: Western Pennsylvania
I think I broke my Mommy...
Just to see what would happen... I used the time warp on one of my Mommies...

So... here it is hours and hours later (one child made after she got hers is now 6 years old) and she is still carrying the kid around. Would using "youth" on her help the issue? SHe is an Elder with Devotion that I want to hang on to her...

#227531 - 01/12/11 03:17 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: Magesteff]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Magesteff, your situation is described in #3 above smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#227534 - 01/12/11 03:27 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: Xay]
Magesteff Offline
Expert

So taking a time warped Mom and doing youth on them will help get it back on track once Mom is 18 again?

#227535 - 01/12/11 03:36 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: Magesteff]
goffam05 Offline

I used the grant youth on a nursing mom, and she carried the baby until she was old and died, LOL. I never knew what happened to the baby, because it did not show up in the grave or with the kids. However, I did go down to one less person in my population, and could not replenish that one person (no more babies were allowed to be made). So, I had a max population at 97. I won't grant youth to a poor nursing mom again. ;-)

#227536 - 01/12/11 03:39 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: goffam05]
Magesteff Offline
Expert

I won't do time warp either.

#227643 - 01/13/11 08:49 PM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: Magesteff]
jewels_36 Offline

Loc: u.s.
well i got a mom that has been carring around a baby for 4 days now.she and another mom got preggers at the same time which reached my maximum population with one over.after 2 days i got the bright idea if i made her young the baby would disappear,boy was i wrong,lol.she is an adult again and still has the baby,im jus going to let her die,shes no use to me if she cant work,i really wanted to keep her cause she has all her skills maxed except devotion.plus i have another mother having babies at 72 yrs of age.lol.i only paused my game at night the first couple of days til i figured out i get food from the mushroom power,then i jus built my food up for the night and quit pausing so i could get my tech built up.

#227672 - 01/14/11 06:28 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: jewels_36]
Magesteff Offline
Expert

I have about 6 moms where the timer has stopped, and another four with the timer running. I've tried switching speeds, I've tried to grant youth (had one that stopped one at 51 minutes that had been counting down but she was in her 70's and I didn't want her to die). Ine thing I have noticed, and maybe it is just in this one game, all the ones with broken timers are Elders some even having four skills at Master level. The non-elders don't seem to have a problem carrying to term.

#227703 - 01/15/11 05:00 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: Magesteff]
VVCX Offline
Expert

I have similar problem as Magestaff has except only 1 is esteemed elder, I used Time Warp on 1 mom (hoping to get runner) and she birthed baby fine but after that all mothers have carried babies to near death (or babies have born after mother has died) and oldest mother was 79 and still timer said 246 mins (I think) and due that mothers aren't gaining anny skills (2 has been trainees (parent and devotee) since they got pregnant days ago.

I haven't adjusted computer's time except few secs few times when I have checked that computer's clock is right and only paused for few secs many times to find children to pick up mushroom or collectible.

edit: I haven't used Grant Youth to carrying mother only older villagers who have devotee-skill (and 1 of those eternally carrying mothers is villager from begiinning who has Master Devotee-skill) or were close to become JOATs (3 or 4)or to get babies (previous + 5-6) due villagers living so long and being on pop-cap (not saying its a bug but atm avg age of death is 75-77 and maybe half dozen has died as 79 and at previous games some died earlier).

Edited by VVCX (01/15/11 05:09 AM)

#227707 - 01/15/11 05:31 AM Re: Problems With Nursing Moms [Re: VVCX]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Just to be clear... your problem was caused by Time Warp, and you had not used Grant Youth at all up to that point? And, if you're pausing a lot to assist with collectibles, that's going to compound any problems you're having.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter