Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186929 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 9 of 31 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30 31 >
Topic Options
#230429 - 12/01/11 07:15 AM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: OptiTron]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
No word? No progress? Seems to me that alot of assumptions are being made. What I've read on the forum is this:
1. Yes, LDW is working on a new game, a Mystery Game
2. It will likely launch on iOS and Android before desktop.
3. LDW is expanding their Android beta testing team, and they are inviting owners of Android devices (phones and tablets) to join their beta testing program. (Posted Nov. 1, 2011).
4. VV4 for Android is nearly ready for testing.

I thought it unusual for LDW to say that a new game was coming in 2011. In 2010 they released 2 brand new games, VV4 and VV5 for PC/Mac. I think that is HUGE, and since LDW is a very small company, it's extraordinary!

I remember reading somewhere that LDW doesn't usually give timelines for a new game because anything can happen to push back a release date. I'm sure Arthur, Carla and the rest of the team are working diligently on their many projects, and games will be released after they've been tested and any bugs worked out ("Buggy" games are frustrating for everyone, especially gamers). And I certainly hope that they are taking time to have a life outside of work and enjoy it. After all, tomorrow is promised to no one.

Even though I am a moderator here, I'm expressing my personal opinion as a huge fan of LDW and their games. Have a good day. smile

#230430 - 12/01/11 05:19 PM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: MissKathy]
IsolaFlower Offline
Adviser

Loc: Ohio
yes! exactly...i agree with you kathy.... and like anabel said they have 2 kids! im sure they are very very busy, and its not a huge company like the learning company.... and anyways is it possible for anyone to become a tester for the games on android?

#230431 - 12/01/11 06:38 PM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: IsolaFlower]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
To become an Android beta tester you need to fit the same criteria as the testers for other platforms. In particular you have to be over 18 and complete the non disclosure agreement. See this post.

#230432 - 12/01/11 10:45 PM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: MissKathy]
ILSherry Offline

Loc: IL
Not all of their loyal followers have iOS/Android systems.

It would seem that an update, some kind of information could be provided. As it is, I don't think they care. How hard can it be to post saying something positive? Undexpected delay - having a good time - will work on game later

Sorry, I'm tired of checking and checking and - nothing.

#230433 - 12/02/11 02:18 AM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: ILSherry]
esther1981 Offline
Master

Loc: Marion, Ohio
I love LDW and will never give up on them until I hear from Arthur or Carla themselves that the company has shut down. Not every game company is big enough and financially stable enough to release a game every 6 months. Have faith LDW fans, everything is ok! laugh

#230435 - 12/02/11 06:53 AM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: esther1981]
annabel Offline
Trainee

In defense of LDW, everybody gets so excited about a new game that they are probably laying low.

Arthur has been posting on Twitter and Facebook when one of the games comes out on a new platform.iOS/Android must be a good source of revenue for any game company.FT,PT,VF and VV1,2,3,4,5 are finished games and probably new for most people.

Remember when a game was $19.99? I do and the current plans at Big Fish and other portals that have new games for $6.99 have got to put a strain on small studios.I bought a mah jong game on Big Fish today for $2.99.

Don't give up on LDW.Watch a movie,find a different game,teach your dog chess.I'll buy the new game from LDW directly when it comes out and make sure they get the biggest cut of my money.

I think I'll start a new game of Fish Tycoon and breed pretty fish.And I'll shut up.

#230436 - 12/02/11 06:50 PM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: annabel]
IsolaFlower Offline
Adviser

Loc: Ohio
thanks Arnie!
anabel...im so going to teach my dog chess!...that or how to take care of PT for me while im gone wink
i agree with every person above me...and all the worriers? stop worrying... there will be word eventually, they just wouldn't let all they're fans high and dry..

#230448 - 12/05/11 08:48 PM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: IsolaFlower]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

I agree that they shouldn't specify a release date (I'd rather not know than get all excited and maybe be disappointed ;)) but I'm with ILSherry. I'm very happy to wait without nagging so long as I know there's something to wait for and that LDW haven't abandoned the Mystery Game, but I don't much like being left in a vacuum for so long. At the very least, someone from LDW could tell us whether the game is still being worked on.

#230453 - 12/07/11 02:22 AM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: JudasFm]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Perhaps it will help if I simply say that the game is still being worked on, and the comments that Arthur made at the end of May are still valid (despite the fact that he has been too busy to put any teasers here for everyone to gaze at and talk about). smile

#230459 - 12/08/11 02:39 AM Re: New game on the previews! [Re: LadyCFII]
annabel Offline
Trainee

Barbara,Thanks for the update

Page 9 of 31 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30 31 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter