Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 223 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#230523 - 12/20/11 10:01 PM Virtual Villagers 6?
VLGRFN Offline
Trainee

Loc: Under the Banana Leaf
I'm sure others have posed this same question, but it may be under a different category.

Are there any plans to develop a Virtual Villagers 6? I've played all previous versions for hours of entertainment, and am wondering what VV has in store in the near future.

a VV6 will be on my Christmas list for 2012! :-)

#230600 - 01/02/12 01:20 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 6? [Re: VLGRFN]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
The LDW preview page just has a "mystery game" that was promised at the end of 2010 for release in 2011 but progress seems to have stalled.

I know that they are concentrating on porting the existing games to the iOS and Android platforms and apparently new games are likely to appear on those platforms first in future.

#232420 - 02/01/13 12:18 AM Re: Virtual Villagers 6? [Re: arnie]
Sweet Mileena Offline

Loc: New York
I also came to check up on any status for VV6. Frankly, playing VV on my phone just doesn't work, too small (Android, Droid 3). So if what was mentioned above is true, that new games will be heading there first, I will be pretty unhappy. VV needs space to move around and do everything, imo. I love it on my laptop.

#232425 - 02/01/13 09:51 AM Re: Virtual Villagers 6? [Re: Sweet Mileena]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I agree. I've tried VV2 on my LG Android phone, and it's not so much fun as on my Windows laptop because of the smaller screen; although it is playable, moving the peeps about is rather fiddly, and the great graphics aren't so visible.

However, it does appear that designing for mobile devices is the future of casual gaming, so it's no real surprise that LDW are now giving iOS and Android games priority.

Edited by arnie (02/01/13 09:54 AM)

#235846 - 07/26/13 01:18 AM Re: Virtual Villagers 6? [Re: arnie]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
i think the "mystery game" is this:

Lonely Pets - Preview
Enter your email below and be one of the first to receive news and updates on a new game from LDW.
Lonely Pets will be available for all Apple Devices and Windows PC.
iPhone/iPad:

Windows/PC:

Mac:

Progress
Lonely Pets Screen

Lonely Pets Preview
February 08, 2012
A refresh of an LDW classic game. In development.

#236487 - 10/04/13 12:46 AM Re: Virtual Villagers 6? [Re: VV3 girl123]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

The Mystery Game was revealed as Virtual Families 2 some time back wink

I'm getting itchy for a new game though. VV6 would be wonderful but I'm also curious to know what the progress is on Lonely Pets. That one seems to have stalled; any word from LDW on this?

#236501 - 10/06/13 01:00 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 6? [Re: JudasFm]
elizaew Offline

I am dismayed that V Families is more popular than VV because I find it incredibly boring. I cannot wait for a new edition of Virtual Villagers! PLEASE don't forget about us! Also, I LOVE Plant Tycoon. Want a new version of that as well.

#236505 - 10/06/13 05:21 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 6? [Re: elizaew]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

I'm with you. VF2 was better than VF - repairing the house kept me going over several generations - but only having one family and such a limit on the number of kids is frustrating. Give me VV any day.

I'm still pushing for Bird Tycoon XD No idea if it's something LDW would consider, but I still think it would be cool.

At the moment, though, I'd settle for news about ANY game. The Previews page seems to be rather neglected: VF2 for Android is still listed there (albeit now as Available). I thought the Previews page was for, well, previews, not latest releases.

Still no word on Lonely Pets. I hope LDW hasn't abandoned this one; I was really looking forward to it frown

#236521 - 10/12/13 12:59 AM Re: Virtual Villagers 6? [Re: JudasFm]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
Yeah, I'm going with you, JudasFm, while VF2 is really fun and all, well, the little peeps just don't need you all that much. For example, if you neglect your family for a few days, without buying them anything or stocking up their fridge, they'll probably be okay, like, maybe some will be sick and hungry, but No deaths, whereas if you do the same to a village they will probably die.

Ooh! Bird Tycoon! I've never heard of it before till now and it sounds fantastic! I bet it'll be a hit wink

VV6? Well, I'll just say the possibilities are endless

#236538 - 10/14/13 03:05 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 6? [Re: VV3 girl123]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: VV3 girl123
Ooh! Bird Tycoon! I've never heard of it before till now and it sounds fantastic! I bet it'll be a hit wink

Well, if LDW do decide to do another breeding game like that, I'd certainly buy it. At the moment, it exists only in my own head wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter