Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 90 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#230478 - 12/16/11 07:28 PM Laurence
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Sadly, our long-time friend and forum member, Laurence, has passed away.

For 5 years, ever since her very first post, she was always helpful and kind to everyone in the LDW community. She was especially fond of the children here and went out of her way to be a sympathetic friend to them. One of her favorite "hangouts" here was Fan Fiction. She wrote her own stories and spent countless hours reading the stories of others and encouraging budding authors.

Since Laurence was such a good friend to many of us, as well as someone who helped and cheered everyone around her, we decided that it would be a fitting tribute to her, and all that she meant to us, to open up a thread where her friends could share their memories of Laurence and how her friendship touched them.

Laurence was a treasured, loyal friend to me, and I will miss her.

I am going to raise the limit on the number of images that can be included in a post in this thread, since I want everyone to have the creative freedom they need to express their thoughts and tributes. Laurence always loved emoticons (smileys), and they count as images here in the forums!

#230491 - 12/17/11 07:55 AM Re: Laurence [Re: LadyCFII]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sydney, Australia
In Memory of my Dear Friend, Laurence

Laurence was a loyal, affectionate, encouraging friend who taught me the meaning of true courage. She enriched my life with her sense of humour, friendship and caring.

Plant Tycoon brought me to the LDW Forums and hence to Laurence who also loved the game, so I thought it would be nice to say au revoir with PT.

Lulla (Laurence's much loved cat) is inspecting the Arthurium to make sure it is doing okay. Laurence and I had a little joke with Arthuriums. When she sent me a handmade card, she stuck a red, elongated heart in one spot then wrote "Arthurium" with an arrow pointing to it and we just continued sending and mentioning Arthuriums after that.

She never liked to see me cry so I shall shed no tears here. Laurence. my sweet friend, you shall never be forgotten.

Tante Jen

Edited by TheGnome (12/17/11 01:53 PM)

#230492 - 12/17/11 08:00 AM Re: Laurence [Re: TheGnome]
Hugo2424 Offline
Adviser

altough i never met Laurence she seemed very nice frown

#230497 - 12/17/11 10:27 AM Re: Laurence [Re: Hugo2424]
esther1981 Offline
Master

Loc: Marion, Ohio
Oh wow. I have no words to express how I'm feeling, so I will just say Farewell Laurence, you will be dearly missed.

#230501 - 12/17/11 10:13 PM Re: Laurence [Re: esther1981]
smjjames Offline
Expert

Mind if I ask what happened? Anyways, yea its sad, even though I don't think I know here very well.

#230502 - 12/18/11 12:28 AM Re: Laurence [Re: smjjames]
TG3 Offline

I believe I had talked to Laurence a few times on forums. I joined this site practically 4 years ago, I can't believe how long it's been.. anyways, from what I remember of Laurence, she is a very nice person that does try to do her best to help us. I'm sad to hear that she's gone now, but I'm glad I got to talk to her a couple times smile

#230512 - 12/19/11 07:40 PM Re: Laurence [Re: ]
Joine The Great Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
I remember Laurence frown She was a good friend and a gentle person. Even when I was really bad at writing she encouraged me to keep trying, and now I'm creating entire original casts to use for stories, which I probably wouldn't be if it was not for her.

I'm going to miss her. She's a good inspiration. frown

#230518 - 12/20/11 12:42 AM Re: Laurence [Re: Joine The Great]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
This makes me incredibly sad to hear. I'm not even an active member of the forum anymore, but I felt I had to return briefly after hearing about this.
I always enjoyed talking to Laurence, back when I was here more regularly, and she will be greatly missed. frown

#230526 - 12/21/11 02:34 AM Re: Laurence [Re: Krystal]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

Loc: Celestia
I cant believe it, Laurence is gone. I loved seeing all the little unique smileys she would post. Today is truly a very sad day in LDW history.

#230527 - 12/21/11 06:13 AM Re: Laurence [Re: Cyborg]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Perhaps we could fill this link with emoticons in memory of Laurence. She would have loved that. Here are a few that she would have left for you all if she had had a chance to say goodbye:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter