Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#229912 - 06/24/11 04:18 PM Things that annoy you in Virtual Families
Hello54321 Offline
Trainee

Not really bad things about the game,but annoying things

Example:
'I hate when your about to get a collectible and it disappears!'

Edited by Hello54321 (06/24/11 05:09 PM)

#229915 - 06/24/11 08:29 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: Hello54321]
Umineko Otaku Offline

I hate it when parents call the children to dinner over and over and over........and over.

#230001 - 07/03/11 07:16 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: Umineko Otaku]
TiffanyAnne Offline

I don't like the fact that you can't go anywhere except the house I would like to be able to live like normal people and be able to go different places cause it gets boring just staying at the house and my person said that she would love to take a vacation and I would love to be able to take my family for a vacation every now and then ya know

#230009 - 07/04/11 07:24 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: TiffanyAnne]
topaz19 Offline

I'd like to have a fix for my people who were not successful in having any kids throughout the entire game -- not even a little orphan. The adults died, and now I can't start another family.

- Maryann

#230010 - 07/04/11 09:04 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: topaz19]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Sorry to hear this happened to your family. frown Hopefully you'll start a brand new family and use the tips posted on this page. You just need to be persistent. Do you know how to delete just that family to start a new one?

It also helps to pause the game and make a backup copy of that game slot before your adults get too old to have children. That way if something happens to those adults, you can use your backup rather than having to start the game all over from the beginning.

#230013 - 07/04/11 10:55 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: MissKathy]
topaz19 Offline

Thanks for responding to my post.

How do I delete a family to start a new one? And how do I make a backup copy of the game slot. I'm not very computer-savvy, but I'm good at following instructions.

- Maryann

#230014 - 07/05/11 01:59 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: topaz19]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi Maryann, I haven't lost a family yet so I'm not sure what screen you see when you open your game so I'll just go by what I do know and hope it helps. smile If you only had the one family and you didn't add any mods, the easiest way to start over is to click the Start Over button on the game screen (see image #1 below). This will wipe out all the game slots (probably any mods) and start the game from the beginning again.

If you don't see that screen when you you start up your game but instead see a screen with options at the bottom that look like image #2 below, then just click the Menu button and it will take you to the screen that will give you the Start Over option.

If you choose not to use the start over button because you have other families running in the other game slots then look closely at image #1. See where it says "Click name to change player"? If you click in that box (in this case mine says Kathy) you'll see something similar to image #3 shown below (I have 5 different families). Click "Delete" for the family that you want to delete. You will then be able to start over just that game slot and all of your images will be untouched.

You might be saying to yourself "What? I can have more than 1 family at a time??? The answer is "YES!!!" Just give each a name and you can shuffle between them using the screen in image #1.

Here's how to backup your savegame files. Remember to Pause each game BEFORE making your backup copy. Otherwise the family will age right along with the original one and the backup will be of no use.

Hope I didn't confuse you! smile -Kathy

Attachments
#1.jpg

Description: Image #1

#2.jpg

Description: Image #2

#3.jpg

Description: Image #3

#230023 - 07/08/11 01:18 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: MissKathy]
Umineko Otaku Offline

I don't like that a women holding a baby can fix a leaky sink but won't work on her career.
I also don't like that she can play video games and browse the web but won't work on her office career.
It is also annoying that she can work on her hobby in the workshop but won't work on her workshop career.
And last but not least, I don't like that she can prepare a meal but won't work on her kitchen career.

Edited by Umineko Otaku (07/08/11 01:21 AM)
Edit Reason: expanding

#230025 - 07/10/11 03:51 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: Umineko Otaku]
Oreocreme Offline
Trainee

Loc: In a big gray house!
I don't like the fact that pets are like furniture--in the house forever. You can only switch from one type of animal to another. It is sort of weird if your great-grandmother's cat is still walking around your house. I usually buy a new animal when a new couple takes over the house, but the store doesn't always have one, so I end up with a 100 year-old dog. I think they should be more like members of the family, and I don't think you should be forced to have a pet forever just because you bought one once.

#230466 - 12/10/11 09:25 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: Oreocreme]
FlyersfaninNV Offline

Loc: California
I don't like that 4 year old child peeps can have squeezing a pimple for an action\status.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter