Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Pangaeus), 120 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186930 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#229061 - 03/01/11 05:03 AM A bit of patience and help please
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
As you've probably noticed, I had fallen horribly behind in keeping up with Fan Fiction. I'm all caught up, for now, but I need to ask a bit of a favor.

Lately, it has been difficult for me to spend long periods at the computer. This is mostly due to my wife's health. She had a rather nasty fall around New Years. She is recuperating, but it is more difficult to care for her than before the fall.

What I would like you to do is keep your chapters reasonably short. If I can read a chapter in 5 minutes or so, it will be easier for me to keep up. You may still submit longer chapters, but it could mean I won't be able to review them in a timely manner.

Also, please remember to follow our primary rules about Fan Fiction: NO violence; NO romance; Plot MUST be true to one or more of the LDW games.

Thank you, and please keep submitting your wonderful works for our members to enjoy! smile

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#229072 - 03/02/11 10:38 PM Re: A bit of patience and help please [Re: Rockmower]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
May I ask a question about the Fan Fiction rules? (Please feel free to move this post if need be)

Originally Posted By: Rockmower
Also, please remember to follow our primary rules about Fan Fiction: NO violence; NO romance; Plot MUST be true to one or more of the LDW games.
Now, maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure I understand how a story can be fan FICTION if it follows the plot of the games exactly. Can someone clear this up for me?
Also, I thought very slight romance was allowed in VV fictions, simply because the tribe has to grow SOMEHOW. Help, please?

#229097 - 03/04/11 05:52 AM Re: A bit of patience and help please [Re: Krystal]
Master Poet

Originally Posted By: Krystal
May I ask a question about the Fan Fiction rules? (Please feel free to move this post if need be)

Originally Posted By: Rockmower
Now, maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure I understand how a story can be fan FICTION if it follows the plot of the games exactly. Can someone clear this up for me?
Also, I thought very slight romance was allowed in VV fictions, simply because the tribe has to grow SOMEHOW. Help, please?
The rule about violence is absolute. I will make no exceptions to it.

I have been known to make minor exceptions to the rule about romance. To do so, the romance can not be overt (i.e. so & so kissed so & so). It must be pertinent to the story line (Kini gently kissed Hong and held his hand as he slipped into the hereafter). It is also ok to mention marriages and births, but the less detail the better.

Krystal, as you well know, I allow a LOT of leeway in how closely a story must be to an LDW game. So long as the story is well grounded in an Isolan environment, you can go pretty much wherever your creativity leads you. I don't want to stifle the authors creativity, but this is the LDW Forums, and the stories need to reflect an LDW theme.

If I feel a story is too far out of bounds, I'll contact the author and explain what needs to be rewritten to make the story acceptable.

(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#229100 - 03/04/11 04:47 PM Re: A bit of patience and help please [Re: Rockmower]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Of course, I understand about the violence completely. I wasn't questioning that. I was just a little confused, but you've cleared it up for me. Thank you very much. smile

#229105 - 03/05/11 03:39 AM Re: A bit of patience and help please [Re: Krystal]
Master Poet

YW. laugh

(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter