Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 122 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#228263 - 02/01/11 10:27 PM Links in posts are not working properly
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Please note that after the forums crashed over the weekend of January 22-23, most of the links contained in posts are not working properly. They all take you to the Portal Page, rather than the correct post. There isn't an easy fix for this issue, and we have fixed the most important links, but there are too many of them for our tiny team to try to manually fix them all. We'll fix broken links in the future as we become aware of them.

In the meantime, there's a workaround for the issue.
  1. Note the post number of the link you are trying to get to (look at the address bar at the top of your browser after you click the link for the post you wanted to see).
  2. Copy the following link into your browser in a separate tab:
    Quote:
    http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=124217&an=4#Post124217
  3. Replace the two post numbers in that url with the post number you want to go to.
  4. Hit enter or Go in your browser.
That should display the correct post for you.

#229230 - 03/16/11 08:04 PM Links still not working
Kayona109 Offline

I cant get the link to work. When I copy and pase with other post numbers it keeps taking me back to the same page telling me how to get to the links...

#229233 - 03/16/11 08:27 PM Re: Links still not working [Re: Kayona109]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You must copy the url exactly as contained in the box in my first post, then replace both of the numbers in that example with the number of the post you're looking for. For example, let's say I click on the link in this post (the link to the Official VV3 Guide). Since the issue that caused all of the broken links has not yet been identified and fixed, clicking that link will take you to the forum's Portal Page, not the post you wanted. It just so happens that the first topic on the Portal Page at this moment is this thread.

What you need to do at that point is look at the address bar at the top of your browser, where you will see this url:
Code:
http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/151182/Virtual_Villagers_3_Tips_Trick#Post151182

The only thing you're interested in there is the post number you want, which is 151182. You need to substitute 151182 for both of the original numbers (124217) in the 'sample url' I provided. That's the only thing you should change - leave everything else the same. Use that newly modified url in a browser window or tab, and it should take you here, which is where that original link pointed.

I hope that makes things clearer.

Moderator:  LadyCFII, MissKathy, Rockmower, Xay 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter