Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#227865 - 01/18/11 01:11 AM [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten?
smjjames Offline
Expert

Given that there is a thread like this on just about every VV section, so I decided to start one for here. smile

I don't remember the full text for most of them, so feel free to add to the ones I've posted.

Choice events:

Click to reveal..

I think this one is the same as in previous VVs, also I don't remember the full text.

A barrel full of babies floats down the stream.
Adopt them= The tribe adopts them. Gain 1-3 children.
Don't adopt them=

Click to reveal..

<name> has found a toy that was lost by one of the heathen children.
Give the toy to the heathen child= A good deed done, villager gains devotion skill.
Keep it= ?

Click to reveal..

(not the exact text, but you get the idea)

One of the children has gone missing, a heathen approaches <name> and explains that a heathen child is missing as well. The heathen looks agitated and upset.
Call for help= <name> calls for help, the other villagers run over and scare off the heathen. Fortunately both children later reappear and are a bit sick with a cold from being in the jungle overnight.
second option= ?

No choice events:

Click to reveal..

A swarm of army ants devour the crops!

Self explainatory.

Click to reveal..

Hay Fever season

Everybody comes down with allergies.

Click to reveal..

A skilled master sent to help canoes down the stream. He/she also brings news that the golden child of the south coast has dissapeared (UHOH)

Edited by smjjames (01/18/11 01:11 AM)

#227869 - 01/18/11 02:26 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: smjjames]
VVCX Offline
Expert

I'd like to get 2nd last, so far my villagers have been extremely healthy although I have both healing trophies but those have been just general sickness.

I have mostly got those normal like some1 brings/steals food/techpoints.

#227901 - 01/18/11 08:11 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VVCX]
stonzee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Texas
Click to reveal..
In the event of the missing children I chose to help the heathen look for the children. Both children were found safe and healthy and I gained tech points.

#227929 - 01/19/11 02:43 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: stonzee]
VVCX Offline
Expert

Click to reveal..
Today I got 2nd time babies coming down river (no choice about Heathens or my village) and 3rd/4th time 1 of my villager found Heathen mask (of course I tell him/her to wear it since I need devotees).

#227951 - 01/19/11 05:32 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VVCX]
IzzyJ5 Offline
Adviser

Here's an event I mentioned before but did not post the content entirely:

Click to reveal..
Biggles gathers the children and tells them, "Fear not! Perhaps you have heard of me. You know there are others on the island who have deserved their mistakes. They believe the only way is magic and ignored the balance of nature. They have grand designs. But there is still time! Be ever watchful, my children!" Then Biggles mysteriously disappears.

#227979 - 01/20/11 01:15 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: IzzyJ5]
VVCX Offline
Expert

3rd time 1st event on my 2nd post.

Click to reveal..
And again food for for Heathens scrolls or steal/trick Heathens (which had quite funny results).

#228010 - 01/21/11 03:02 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VVCX]
VVCX Offline
Expert

Got this event today. Didn't see what that was supposed to do.

Attachments
vvevent.jpg

#228014 - 01/21/11 04:54 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VVCX]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: North Carolina
Click to reveal..
The Aphids in the Noni bush
<name> find little white bugs that are literally sucking the life out of the Noni bush!
Research animals that eat aphids= Noni is saved and <name> gains farming skill.
Research potions that kill aphids= ?

#228015 - 01/21/11 06:05 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VFLover09]
they8pizza Offline
Trainee

Loc: Wisconsin
Click to reveal..
I had one that was something like jumping off a waterfall or something, I had that one 2 times, I did the same thing both times, but I don't know what, if anything happened from it. I chose the jump one.

#228016 - 01/21/11 07:24 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: they8pizza]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
Originally Posted By: they8pizza
I had one that was something like jumping off a waterfall or something

Click to reveal..
If you choose not to jump, they'll get jumping as a dislike. If you choose to jump, they'll get jumping as a like, I think.

Originally Posted By: VFLover09

Click to reveal..
If you make a potion, the aphids will die, but the noni will be ruined, too.

#228027 - 01/21/11 07:45 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: Tuna Puzzler
Originally Posted By: VFLover09

Click to reveal..
If you make a potion, the aphids will die, but the noni will be ruined, too.

Click to reveal..
I figured that would happen if I chose to kill them with a potion That's why I chose to look at animals that eat Aphids.

Today I got:
Click to reveal..
Your villagers find footprints leading up to a wealth of honeycombs!
Your village gains 300 food.

Edited by VFLover09 (01/21/11 07:48 PM)

#228038 - 01/22/11 02:20 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

Click to reveal..
If you choose not to jump, they'll get jumping as a dislike. If you choose to jump, they'll get jumping as a like, I think.

Click to reveal..
i got this one today. i chose to jump and my peep ended up liking jumping and running. i didn't realize it until i noticed him running around and i thought he was running away from something until i checked his detail screen.

#228041 - 01/22/11 03:28 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
VVCX Offline
Expert

I have got aphids once at beginning.

Today I got that cloud-event again

Click to reveal..
Also got today Mushroom Celebration and all villagers started jumping and celebrated mushrooms.

Edited by VVCX (01/22/11 03:30 AM)

#228052 - 01/22/11 06:28 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: sunshower]
mysteryshrimp Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: sunshower

Click to reveal..

Click to reveal..
i got this one today. i chose to jump and my peep ended up liking jumping and running. i didn't realize it until i noticed him running around and i thought he was running away from something until i checked his detail screen.

Click to reveal..
The villager will also dislike work, but it doesn't seem to effect actual work ethic too much. Mine is now a master in two disciplines and is now working on the third hut.

I got one just now where one of my kids decided to spy on the heathens, is discovered, and can choose to run away or talk to them. I chose talking, and it turns out that they were just curious as to what she was doing, nothing good or bad happened.

#228058 - 01/23/11 01:43 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: smjjames]
mysteryshrimp Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: smjjames

Click to reveal..

<name> has found a toy that was lost by one of the heathen children.
Give the toy to the heathen child= A good deed done, villager gains devotion skill.
Keep it= ?

Click to reveal..
Keep It: that villager gets research skill. Only to adept level, though.

Edited by mysteryshrimp (01/23/11 01:45 AM)

#228072 - 01/24/11 07:24 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: mysteryshrimp]
mysteryshrimp Offline
Trainee

The Cracked Mask

Click to reveal..
"One of the heathens has a sack on their head instead of their mask and seems very upset. On a nearby rock lies a wooden mask broken in two. (Name) knows that a simple glue can easily be made from noni sap and sand, but the heathens clearly don't know how to make it. On the other hand, (Name) could fix it poorly to trick the heathen into giving up the mask.
How should (Name) help the heathen?"

Attempt to fix the mask: Heathen doesn't understand at first and injures villager, then realizes motives and is grateful. Villager gains devotion points to trainee level, but now dislikes work.

Try to trick the heathen: ?

#228128 - 01/26/11 06:13 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: mysteryshrimp]
smjjames Offline
Expert

I don't have any new events recently to add though.

As for the not liking work, I have a heathen who has that and she has a tendency to take alot of breaks. Easy enough to just send her back to work so it doesn't really affect things much.

#228237 - 01/31/11 12:05 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: mysteryshrimp]
flyingcatmonkey Offline

Originally Posted By: mysteryshrimp
The Cracked Mask

Click to reveal..
"One of the heathens has a sack on their head instead of their mask and seems very upset. On a nearby rock lies a wooden mask broken in two. (Name) knows that a simple glue can easily be made from noni sap and sand, but the heathens clearly don't know how to make it. On the other hand, (Name) could fix it poorly to trick the heathen into giving up the mask.
How should (Name) help the heathen?"

Attempt to fix the mask: Heathen doesn't understand at first and injures villager, then realizes motives and is grateful. Villager gains devotion points to trainee level, but now dislikes work.

Try to trick the heathen: ?

Click to reveal..
If you try to trick them, they will find out and call a bunch of other heathens to convert your villager into a heathen.

Click to reveal..

A skilled master sent to help canoes down the stream. He/she also brings news that the golden child of the south coast has dissapeared (UHOH)
[/quote]

Oh wow. Methinks foreshadowing?

#228246 - 01/31/11 01:28 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: flyingcatmonkey]
VVCX Offline
Expert

No actual idea what event on pic did to villagers.

Attachments
vve2.jpg

#228251 - 01/31/11 06:13 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VVCX]
smjjames Offline
Expert

@FlyingCatMonkey, maybe it is foreshadowing. I looked around in other forum sections and didn't see any events like that one.

@VVCX, it's just the devs sense of humor showing. smile

#228254 - 01/31/11 01:49 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VVCX]
IzzyJ5 Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: VVCX

This is a very funny event. I still smile when I think about how the villagers react. smile

#228434 - 02/06/11 10:04 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VVCX]
Made in England Offline

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: VVCX

Can't see the pic. What was it?

#228482 - 02/08/11 11:31 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: Made in England]
VVCX Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Made in England
Can't see the pic. What was it?

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbt...ame=vvevent.jpg

Offensive Cloud, Heathens (none at that point of game) had managed to make some kind of cloud of tear gas and believers needed to go hiding.

#228529 - 02/09/11 06:21 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VVCX]
smjjames Offline
Expert

Just got this one a couple of minutes ago:

Click to reveal..

The infestation/Bed Bugs

<name> is sleeping in the hut when he/she is getting annoyed by bug bites. (forget the full text)

Stay up and find them: Stays up all night fumigating the hut with a smoldering piece of wood and becomes exhausted. No effect other than maybe a slight drop in health.

Ignore it: ?

#228535 - 02/09/11 08:53 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: smjjames]
Dragoness Offline
Expert

Loc: Silver Springs, NV
I recently got one that said something like

Click to reveal..
<name> notices that the heathens have abandoned the pool for while should he...
Take a quick bath before anyone notices?
Enjoy himself, why should the heathens get to hog the pool? = gets caught and converted

#228553 - 02/09/11 08:16 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: Dragoness]
sgreen37 Offline

I got the one about the cracked mask too. I chose to fix the mask and my villager is now a devotee. That made me happy because I then had a male and female devotee couple. So now I gave them the same last names and I've started a devotee family.

But, the one about the golden child going missing is interesting. I hope I get that one. Maybe the golden child will be in the next one! yay! I loved him. Maybe they'll make it so that he won't throw parties anymore. Although the parties didn't annoy me because he was always the last puzzle I finished so I didn't care if my villagers stopped what they were doing. Isn't that the first time we've had a reference to another one of the villages in-game? I think it's more than just the designer's sense of humor.

#228554 - 02/09/11 08:34 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: sgreen37]
smjjames Offline
Expert

As far as it being the first time we've had a reference to another village ingame, it might be the first direct referebce.

There is the barrel of babies event, but that one has been present in a couple of VV games and while they have to come from somewhere, there isn't any reference to one of the other villages and plus, there are many signs of previous inhabitants (some of whom are still around).

Edit: Actually, I looked at the guide sections for VV2 and VV3 and there actually is at least one event referring to another village. VV2 has an event where two people basically wandered over to that area. VV3 has one similar to this in which an adept builder or something canoed over from the other shore. The page with the events didn't say much about it. VV4 probably has one as well, but I haven't seen it myself and the thread that talks about events in VV4 doesn't mention it.

Edited by smjjames (02/09/11 08:42 PM)

#228578 - 02/10/11 03:36 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: smjjames]
sgreen37 Offline

Yeah you're right, but I meant it's the first reference to a village we've played before.

#228585 - 02/10/11 05:59 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: sgreen37]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

Click to reveal..
Originally Posted By: smjjames
The infestation/Bed Bugs

<name> is sleeping in the hut when he/she is getting annoyed by bug bites. (forget the full text)

Stay up and find them: Stays up all night fumigating the hut with a smoldering piece of wood and becomes exhausted. No effect other than maybe a slight drop in health.

Ignore it: ?

I got that one tonight. So I thought I'd answer that for you.
Click to reveal..

I too forgot the full text of the answer, but it went something like this. "Ika is too tired to deal wth the bugs now, so she decides to go to sleep. The next morning she wakes up with white bites on her, and that it needs to be handled by somebody (forgot who) else. (maybe slight health decrease?)

Attachments
The Bed Bugs.jpg

#228627 - 02/11/11 04:33 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VFLover09]
issy35 Offline

well i got one with them jumping off the cliff into the waterfall.

#228674 - 02/13/11 12:56 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: issy35]
VVCX Offline
Expert

bug bites are needed to take care with doc.

i got today twice event where villager sees some1 at far side of forest but when that villager gets there it was just sunlight playing. result is that villager gains faith.

#228680 - 02/13/11 07:05 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VVCX]
kelicia Offline

I have this that says that XX has found a strange thing woven of reeds. He thinks it could be either a hat or some kind of strainer to boil grains in.

1)Wear it.
2)Use it as a cooking strainer.

#228703 - 02/14/11 01:38 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: kelicia]
VVCX Offline
Expert

at 1st i used that as cooking strainer and after that i've used 1st option.

#228800 - 02/17/11 01:01 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: smjjames]
perky442 Offline

How often do events happen I have been playing VV5 since 2/12 and I have only had 5 events

#228804 - 02/17/11 02:46 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: perky442]
hurrihottie Offline
Expert

i hardly ever get any events...but the ones i keep getting at the begining...are the ones that take away food...the no choice events

#228807 - 02/17/11 03:01 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: perky442]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
Like in previous games, events happen about once a day.

#228837 - 02/18/11 01:46 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
smjjames Offline
Expert

While trying to roll for runners during the setup (takes a really long time, gneh), I accidentially selected a non runner and went to the game, right then, I got this no-choice event.

Click to reveal..

Chutes and Ladders

I really only skimmed the text, but this is basically what it was:

The villagers get lost deep inside the jungle and must go through a system of ladders and chutes through the depths of isola. Along the way they find some lost children and it takes a long time to get back to the village. Now they have to take care of the children.

Result: Similar to the barrel of babies, you get 1 to 3 children, where it differs is that your villagers are transported to some spot (near the pools for me). I don't know if it's all or some of your villagers because it moved everybody and since I had just started the game, I only had five people.

This event tells several things for me, one, it hints that Isola is far larger than we think it is, on the scale of the main island of Hawaii, or bigger, two, it's a shout out to VV2: City of the Lost Children (I think it is anyway), three, it's a hint that there are still many mysteries to Isola.

#228851 - 02/19/11 12:16 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: smjjames]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

I got "Spying on the Heathens" today. The picture explains.
The choices were to either watch the heathen or run away. I chose watch him. He gained Devotion skill.

Attachments
Spying on the Heathens.jpg

Spying on the Heathens - Results.jpg

Edited by VFLover09 (02/19/11 12:17 AM)

#228877 - 02/19/11 07:31 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
Nancy40 Offline
Trainee

All of my red/yellow heathens except one yellow one had been converted. Then I got an island event when a heathen approached and wanted a tour of the island. I said "ok" and the heathen then offered a tour of their island. Result - I gained a new believer - my last yellow mask. However the "filthy encampment" did not get beautified. It's still a mess. What now? Is there a way to beautify the encampment? I tried another earthquake but nothing changed.

#228878 - 02/19/11 07:55 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: Nancy40]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
I wonder if the encampment didn't get 'beautified' because the conversion was through an island event rather than through
Click to reveal..
use of an earthquake.

#228881 - 02/19/11 08:50 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: MissKathy]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

I started over my secound tribe, and got this event while I was restoring the mausoleum. I chose to teach them and Waipi lost health because they set off another explosion right next to her.

Attachments
You're doing It Wrong!.jpg

Edited by VFLover09 (02/19/11 10:27 PM)
Edit Reason: typo

#228884 - 02/19/11 09:48 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VFLover09]
smjjames Offline
Expert

Huh, I got that one as well and chose the same thing. What I got was that the villager taught them to stop mixing acids and bases together and the explosions stopped.

#228886 - 02/19/11 10:02 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: MissKathy]
Nancy40 Offline
Trainee

So now it just stays that way? Not much else to do anyway except try for trophies.

#228919 - 02/20/11 05:26 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: Nancy40]
smjjames Offline
Expert

I just got this event, which is proof that the villages are in near constant contact with each other. I got 2000 tech out of it.

#228979 - 02/22/11 08:34 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: MissKathy]
VVCX Offline
Expert

Poor villagers.

Attachments
vv5event1.jpg

#229299 - 03/22/11 03:31 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VVCX]
brand1l3n Offline

I hope I do these spoiler tags right....

Forgot to copy the text, but it was something like, "Azizi has lost faith in the Guiding Hand, and begins to doubt. She demands a sign right now.

Click to reveal..
Give a sign = Suddenly she's surrounded by a ring of butterflies. But she thinks this could be something natural. Faith must come from within. (She loses a bit of faith, and possibly all of her devotion skill, which wasn't much to start with.)
Don't give a sign = ?

#229970 - 06/30/11 10:42 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: brand1l3n]
TG3 Offline

I recently got the event about the golden child disappearing, but (and honestly I'm not sure if this may be the topic to post this in) but, this series had gotten me wondering the time span of the island? I'm not sure how to explain it but say we were playing VV3. Did those villagers show up on the island around the same time the villagers from VV1 & VV2 arrived on Isola? or did many generations pass from VV1&2 and then other villagers show up?

Sorry if this was quite confusing but it just had me wondering smile

#229975 - 07/01/11 10:26 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: ]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I'll put most of this in spoilers as some readers may not have all the other versions of VV. However, the VV5 villagers do seem to be descendants of the VV1 villagers, many generations later. There is a lot of evidence of other tribes on the island, though.
Click to reveal..
Even in VV1 there are hints of other inhabitants of Isola, either past or present; in particular the cave shows signs of being occupied, there is a ruined temple and statue, and so on.

In VV2 two villagers find the lost children. Where did they come from? Who were the adults who until recently looked after them? Were they decended from VV1 villagers who'd become separated from the tribe, other refugees from the volcano in their original home, or were they Isola's native inhabitants?

In VV3 they find a ruined city. Who built it and when?

In VV4 we concentrate on the Tree of Life. Who were the original people who cultivated it and lived nearby, though?

In VV5 we of course meet the heathens. Who were their ancestors?

Then of course we have Biggles. Where does he come from and how does he live so long? He first appeared in VV2 and is still around in VV5 so must be pretty old by now. wink

Lots of questions, but no answers as yet. laugh confused

#229990 - 07/02/11 01:16 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: arnie]
TG3 Offline

thank you very much Arnie! I been trying to kind of put some of the little clues from each VV but it didnt really make sense.. and also because I havent played the first few VV games in a few years, so I kind of forgot some things. :)hopefully we'll get the answers someday

#234726 - 05/31/13 07:26 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: ]
123isolagirl Offline
Consigliere

Loc: *looks up* Huh? Where am I?
I forgot the actual text, but I got something like this:

A heathen wants to join your tribe
Click to reveal..
Accept=He/she is converted and joins your tribe smile
Send him/her back to their own tribe=?

Did anyone else get this event?

#235402 - 06/27/13 07:07 PM Re: [SPOILERS] What island events have you gotten? [Re: MissKathy]
kaluca Offline

I got the Daredevil Jump Event today. It basically says that one of the villagers tied some vines to his legs and wants to bungee jump off the waterfall, you can choose yes or no.

Spoiler:
Click to reveal..
I chose yes and it said that my villager loved it so much that it changed him and now his new likes are (drumroll) snakes, running!!!!,jumping
But his Dislikes are now Dreaming and Work frown

I'll take it, I'll just have to stay on him and make sure he's working and not jumping off the waterfall all of the time lol.

#236775 - 12/27/13 10:08 PM Re: [SPOILERS] What island events have you gotten? [Re: kaluca]
elegraphy Offline

I have one of those "A heathen wants to join your tribe" event today...

Click to reveal..
I accepted, now I realized that heathen must be the heathen chief! (I recognize the cloth he wears, and he got 6 skills in full bars!!!) Now I can't finish up my necklace puzzle! mad

Question:
Click to reveal..
Is there anyway to fix that? Or do I have to restart my game again?

#236776 - 12/30/13 04:30 PM Re: [SPOILERS] What island events have you gotten? [Re: elegraphy]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I'm very sorry that you have encountered this issue in your game. Before you run the game again, please read this entire post, to make sure that we leave as many options open as possible.

The issue in the game where special heathens could be converted by an Island Event was fixed in the 1.00.01 update to VV5, which was released in February of 2011. Unfortunately, if you have an earlier version of the game and that event selects the heathen chief, there's no way to reverse it, even if you install an updated version of the game.

However, it may still be possible to recover from this situation.

If you haven't played the game since that happened, you may be able to go back to before the chief joined your tribe by using the backup savegame. Assuming that you're playing the game on a Windows computer, please perform the procedures in this entry in our FAQ to copy your game data to a another folder for safekeeping.

Once you have the data backed up, please reply here and let us know what version of the game you're running and where you purchased it. Then we can work with you to help you get past this issue.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter