Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#228254 - 01/31/11 01:49 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VVCX]
IzzyJ5 Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: VVCX
No actual idea what event on pic did to villagers.

This is a very funny event. I still smile when I think about how the villagers react. smile

#228434 - 02/06/11 10:04 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VVCX]
Made in England Offline

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: VVCX
No actual idea what event on pic did to villagers.

Can't see the pic. What was it?

#228482 - 02/08/11 11:31 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: Made in England]
VVCX Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Made in England
Can't see the pic. What was it?

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbt...ame=vvevent.jpg

Offensive Cloud, Heathens (none at that point of game) had managed to make some kind of cloud of tear gas and believers needed to go hiding.

#228529 - 02/09/11 06:21 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VVCX]
smjjames Offline
Expert

Just got this one a couple of minutes ago:

Click to reveal..

The infestation/Bed Bugs

<name> is sleeping in the hut when he/she is getting annoyed by bug bites. (forget the full text)

Stay up and find them: Stays up all night fumigating the hut with a smoldering piece of wood and becomes exhausted. No effect other than maybe a slight drop in health.

Ignore it: ?

#228535 - 02/09/11 08:53 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: smjjames]
Dragoness Offline
Expert

Loc: Silver Springs, NV
I recently got one that said something like

Click to reveal..
<name> notices that the heathens have abandoned the pool for while should he...
Take a quick bath before anyone notices?
Enjoy himself, why should the heathens get to hog the pool? = gets caught and converted

#228553 - 02/09/11 08:16 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: Dragoness]
sgreen37 Offline

I got the one about the cracked mask too. I chose to fix the mask and my villager is now a devotee. That made me happy because I then had a male and female devotee couple. So now I gave them the same last names and I've started a devotee family.

But, the one about the golden child going missing is interesting. I hope I get that one. Maybe the golden child will be in the next one! yay! I loved him. Maybe they'll make it so that he won't throw parties anymore. Although the parties didn't annoy me because he was always the last puzzle I finished so I didn't care if my villagers stopped what they were doing. Isn't that the first time we've had a reference to another one of the villages in-game? I think it's more than just the designer's sense of humor.

#228554 - 02/09/11 08:34 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: sgreen37]
smjjames Offline
Expert

As far as it being the first time we've had a reference to another village ingame, it might be the first direct referebce.

There is the barrel of babies event, but that one has been present in a couple of VV games and while they have to come from somewhere, there isn't any reference to one of the other villages and plus, there are many signs of previous inhabitants (some of whom are still around).

Edit: Actually, I looked at the guide sections for VV2 and VV3 and there actually is at least one event referring to another village. VV2 has an event where two people basically wandered over to that area. VV3 has one similar to this in which an adept builder or something canoed over from the other shore. The page with the events didn't say much about it. VV4 probably has one as well, but I haven't seen it myself and the thread that talks about events in VV4 doesn't mention it.

Edited by smjjames (02/09/11 08:42 PM)

#228578 - 02/10/11 03:36 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: smjjames]
sgreen37 Offline

Yeah you're right, but I meant it's the first reference to a village we've played before.

#228585 - 02/10/11 05:59 AM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: sgreen37]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: North Carolina
Click to reveal..
Originally Posted By: smjjames
The infestation/Bed Bugs

<name> is sleeping in the hut when he/she is getting annoyed by bug bites. (forget the full text)

Stay up and find them: Stays up all night fumigating the hut with a smoldering piece of wood and becomes exhausted. No effect other than maybe a slight drop in health.

Ignore it: ?

I got that one tonight. So I thought I'd answer that for you.
Click to reveal..

I too forgot the full text of the answer, but it went something like this. "Ika is too tired to deal wth the bugs now, so she decides to go to sleep. The next morning she wakes up with white bites on her, and that it needs to be handled by somebody (forgot who) else. (maybe slight health decrease?)

Attachments
The Bed Bugs.jpg

#228627 - 02/11/11 04:33 PM Re: [SPOILERS]What island events have you gotten? [Re: VFLover09]
issy35 Offline

well i got one with them jumping off the cliff into the waterfall.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter