Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 19 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#226704 - 01/04/11 09:16 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: sgreen37]
msnana Offline
Expert

I dont see a problem with the reuse of the huts. and i dont see everything being randomly placed either.

#226725 - 01/05/11 12:36 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: msnana]
virtualbrenda Offline
Expert

I love the layout of the Island. It's my favourite I think. Maybe VV2 a little more, but I'd have to wait for the lake to have water to pick the winner.

I also don't mind if the huts are the same - haven't really got that far into it yet, but they were pretty huts so that is okay with me. I noticed they seem to walk faster too, which is a really big improvement. Or is it they are running from those heathens. blush

#226726 - 01/05/11 12:37 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: virtualbrenda]
Neighko Offline

Loc: a magical land
i love VV5! it is super unique! but i sort of miss the sidebar with the mask thing that gave you tips when you clicked on him... have any of you noticed that this is the first VV without an ocean?

#226732 - 01/05/11 12:52 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Rockmower]
brikalhal Offline

Loc: Colorado
love the game, do not care for the orange villagers sound effect. It is simply the most annoying part of the game

#226749 - 01/05/11 02:45 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: brikalhal]
Ukhsud Offline

As always with LDW games, it's very pretty. I like that it's much more difficult than the previous games as well but I'm a bit concerned that for "Casual" gamers it's a little TOO complicated (the Tutorial stops at telling you to build a love shack but there's a LOT of steps to be able to do that before you can get the next step and so many of them aren't obvious). I also can't stand the "kiting" aspect, it so tedious.

While I'm not vehemently agains the "convert the heathens" style I do find it a bit on the nose in a game that's already fairly non-inclusive of non-traditional aspects (the games are full of straight, white people where the woman is the only one involved in child rearing and now we're adding a one true religion to it?).

Speaking of the women, I was really hoping that this time we'd see women actually able to do SOMETHING while nursing. While I don't expect them to be working I was hoping for maybe able to collect items and mushrooms like the kids or at the very least I had hoped they would be able to be used for conversion, I mean they only have to talk, surely they could do THAT with a baby in their arms?

The last drawback is the fact of kids dropping rare items when encountering an aggressive heathen. Man, SO annoying! It's hard enough some times to just SEE a rare but to then have it dropped? OUCH!

Having said all of that, it's not all bad. The visuals are adorable, I love the sound track and effects (the heathens crack me up) and am quite interested in the new aspects of the game play (god powers, conversion etc). For me it looks like it's really going to satisfy that urge for slightly harder gaming that I've wanted from a VV game (each one has been getting a little bit harder, requiring more brain power but this one seems to have taken a huge leap in that respect).

All in all, though there's a couple of things I find annoying I'm growing to like it more and more as I play smile Thanks again for a new and exciting challenge!

#226851 - 01/06/11 12:12 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Ukhsud]
sgreen37 Offline

In my earlier post I probably was a little too critical about the using the same huts and the layout of the map. I still stand on my opinion, but I could have worded it less strongly I guess. It's just that I always looked forward to what the new huts would like lol. But, on a different note, I love VV5. It has to be one of my favorites. The God powers give me something fun to do while I watch my villagers do their thing smile.

****MAJOR PLOT SPOILER****

It gives away a big answer you get from completing one of the puzzles. It's as big as the uncovering of the vines in VV2 and its also as big as when you drop a villager down the hole after removing the boulders in VV3.

Click to reveal..
Also I just converted the master farmer and when I did, his story was so interesting. So far this is the first time we've gotten an answer to a question that came up in an earlier VV. This one being in VV3. It's cool that we finally get to meet the people that were there when the island broke out into war. I love the way the story is unfolding.

Edited by sgreen37 (01/06/11 05:48 AM)

#226857 - 01/06/11 12:46 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: VVFanatic]
Scully Offline
Adviser

Loc: Cocoa, Florida
Some things I like, some things I really hate.

Kudos for bringing back the game of tag, that was one of the cutest things in any of the games. I love that just as much as I hate the jumping game...and why didn't you fix the bug that forces teen adepts and masters to go jumping, too?? That is probably the most annoying thing about the game. I cannot tell you how many stews were ruined, and had to be started over from scratch in VV4, because of this game.

Why are there so few collectibles showing up? And why have you changed it so that we no longer get credit for them if a kid drops one? I've lost easily two dozen rare collectibles because of that little Rascal brat who needs to be hauled off to the woodshed and horsewhipped! ROFL

The game is beautiful, and a real challenge (mostly because of the yellow guys). But you really need to fix those two things in the next revision. Just my 2 cents.

#226907 - 01/06/11 12:53 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Scully]
bodeia Offline
Trainee

Currently running 3 tribes, one all level 2 tech and just about to get first level 3 other two tribes very early on just about to get 2nd or third level 2 tech and neither fixed the field yet but getting there. ( I tend to run more than one tribe with different setups/combo to see which does best)

Love the game - doesn't bother me about the converting heathens as it fits with the game ethos - here we have a tribe who once believed in me but lost faith through certain events...

Dislike that the heathens can make the children drop collectibles and mushrooms really frustrating in fact specially when you know that rare probably won't reappear.

Overall big plus from me

#226926 - 01/06/11 06:50 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Rockmower]
Myle1800 Offline

All of the Virtual Villagers games are World Class (looking forward for VV 6)

#226976 - 01/07/11 06:18 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Myle1800]
EsteemedElder Offline
Trainee

Loc: Jersey Girl in Pittsburgh
I love it! I've solved all the puzzles, but I still have a lot of heathen villagers and am hoping to convert them (especially the rascal).

My only complaint is that the
Click to reveal..
remnants of the totems stay in the village after they're dismantled. I think it looks messy to have rubble piles all over the village. I'm hoping they go away once I convert all my villagers.

Page 6 of 19 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter