Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 15 of 19 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
#228708 - 02/14/11 02:35 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: EsteemedElder]
Amazon Offline

Loc: California, USA
I've read many who are disturbed by the idea of tearing apart another culture and converting the "heathens" to "their" belief.

The general answer has been "well it's just a game"

Since I've used computers to teach my children everything from spelling to fine motor skills... this game will NOT be in my house. "Mind what I teach you but it's okay if it's in a game."

NOPE!

#228711 - 02/14/11 04:04 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Amazon]
smjjames Offline
Expert

I'm not offended by the whole thing, but I do agree that they went a little heavy handed with putting a little more religion into the game, if that's what the devs were trying to do.

I wonder if some dev responses would be good to get some insight to what LDW was trying to do, however I'm pretty sure they meant no harm.

Despite the obvious historical callbacks when you know a good deal about history, I didn't think of it as a religious conversion but more as restoring faith in themselves. Still, they did narrowly skirt a sensitive subject.

If answering peoples requests for more 'religion' (as vague as that is) is what they were going for, you have to give them credit for trying.

#228752 - 02/15/11 04:35 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: EsteemedElder]
EsteemedElder Offline
Trainee

Loc: Jersey Girl in Pittsburgh
Originally Posted By: EsteemedElder
I love it! I've solved all the puzzles, but I still have a lot of heathen villagers and am hoping to convert them (especially the rascal).

My only complaint is that the
Click to reveal..
remnants of the totems stay in the village after they're dismantled. I think it looks messy to have rubble piles all over the village. I'm hoping they go away once I convert all my villagers.

The totem rubble piles didn't go away. At least the encampment
Click to reveal..
gets covered in flowers.
Don't like the sloppy totem rubble piles.

#228826 - 02/17/11 07:29 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: EsteemedElder]
jeresandy Offline
Trainee

Loc: New River, AZ
I found that I wasn't that interested in playing the game after a while. Would pause it for extended periods of time because converting the heathens just "didn't do it" for me. I don't like other folk pushing their religion on me, so I felt like a hypocrite doing so to the blue masks. When it comes to the red and yellow I have no clue, I guess some kind of god power will assist me. The other VV games were fun learning to fish and such, but the main task in my opinion to this game was have a lot of kids and convert others to your way of thinking. We used to have Mormons coming to our front door doing the same thing. I do not mean to offend anyone with that point. Just an observation.

Sandy

#228846 - 02/18/11 07:39 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: jeresandy]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

Loc: Celestia
I don't think it is basically trying to get the heathens to believe in god. I think they are trying to get the heathens to believe in the player. I think the believers are trying to tell the heathens that there is someone special (the player) helping them survive and live.

Ok Amazon I don't think what the heathens were doing was concidered a culture. They scratched and dug for roots like wild animals. Looked for bits of fish when the lake was dried up like wild animals and where hostile towards anyone who worn't with them like wild animals. If thats a culture I am very happy I am not part of it.

Hmm in my game the encampment is still just as messy as it was when the heathens lived there

#228869 - 02/19/11 09:10 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Cyborg]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Cyborg, you can find more information about the encampment here.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#228882 - 02/19/11 08:51 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Xay]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

Thank you for showing me the post
Click to reveal..
but I still can't get my villagers to fix it. Some posts said that once all the heathens were converted they would fix the encampment automatically. When I converted the last heathen (which was the rascal) all of my vilagers ran over to celebrate then went back to their jobs. Some posts say if you drop villagers on it they will begin to fix it up. I have dropped many villagers on it but they do nothing. Can only a cartain villager fix it. Does it need to be a master builder or a master scientist or a master farmer. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME.

#228905 - 02/20/11 04:36 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: JackiDance]
JackiDance Offline
Trainee

Loc: Delaware, USA
I don't like your reference to the Mormons..those folks that "knocked on your door" have given up two years of their lives to do what they believe in. What have you done for two years to sacrifice like that for others. It matters not if you believe what they are saying, you should have respect for their privilege of saying it.
AND,
this game is not about religion it is about people that have lost their way so much so thoroughly they don't even want to show their faces. Can you imagine such a thing? I doubt you can.
GAMES ARE TO HAVE FUN!!!!
that's what this is all about, having fun.

#228909 - 02/20/11 05:27 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: JackiDance]
Cyborg Offline
Expert

I totally agree with you JackiDance. The people who go door to door telling you what they believe in is a scrafice of their time. They do it because they feel the need to do so. I respect every religion no matter what it is about. Also the game is not about religion. Think about it are you god? No you are just a human. It is about you trying to help the heathens find faith in themselves and feel free again.

Edited by Cyborg (02/20/11 05:29 AM)

#228984 - 02/23/11 12:55 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Cyborg]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
I just love this game much better than the others the player now have more involvement with all the powers and much more

And a other thing
Click to reveal..
you can bring them back to life and most of all never let them die keep making them young as soon as they turn to elderly by using the blue angle

I just love it cool
By the way I completed all the puzzles in less than a week all on my own bar 1 and if I noticed the one thing I would done that too

Edited by Annthewhofan (02/23/11 01:01 AM)
Edit Reason: blowing my own trumpit

Page 15 of 19 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter