Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 12 of 19 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#227844 - 01/17/11 10:11 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Kellydog1]
Whimsey Offline
Expert

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
Oh, this is so irritating! I just love VV5, but just like the event in VF, where a coworker complains, and you lose all progress, this is almost a game spoiler. In my new village, they're doing really well, I almost had enough tech points to upgrade science, then an event just took away 2000 tech points! After hours of babysitting them, so the rascal didnt go to "watch people work", I have it all to do over again. Aaargh! Well, I guess thats life, haha.
(editing to counter that negativity, lol, I really do love it)
I did find a way to keep my founding villagers in time, after thinking I could save the crypt for later (whew!) I did it 2nd in the next village. I do like that its more challenging, it just makes it more fun when you figure things out. And I think the way the 14 yr olds lie around in the circle waiting to be told what to do, and your pop is at max is just hilarious! VV5 is going to hold my attention for a long time, thank you Developers!

Edited by Whimsey (01/17/11 10:26 PM)

#227883 - 01/18/11 07:05 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Rockmower]
scallerbar Offline

I agree too many are thinking this is real life, its a game for heaven sakes. Enjoy it for what it is. My beef is that if you have earthquake, why can't it partly destroy a building ?, hence you have something more to do and to help other tribe members to build up their building skill. I don't know if its me, but there doesn't seem as much to do. I would definately in future games see more building, more collections and more to do. On the land in VW5 there is plenty of space for more buildings etc. And I think the tribe limit is too small. I am on my second game and really don't see how I will ever get the jenga badge before building my last building. And my biggest beef is once they become esteemed elders it is very hard to tell when they become a master in other areas so that you get the 10 as masters in everything. And I can not see if you set them for honouring why they can't build their devotion, as once the blue guys are converted well then you can't get that badge

#227893 - 01/18/11 12:36 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: scallerbar]
PollyMT Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: scallerbar
I agree too many are thinking this is real life, its a game for heaven sakes. Enjoy it for what it is.

While I agree with you to an extent - I would be fairly certain that others on this site will feel concerned about the level of violence in other games. They are still just games after all.

I very much enjoyed the other games - I have bought the entire catalogue of LDW games and have enjoyed playing every one. Therefore, when I got the email of a new game I bought it straight away.

When it loaded, I was concerned to say the least. I, like others, had been aware of what felt like slight undertones of religion in the other VV games. However, this one felt overt and hectoring.

Despite this, I played for a while and I can honestly say that this has become my favourite game of the series. If I choose to ignore the issues in the game which I find concerning I find the game compelling, challenging and very funny (child on time warp had me laughing out loud).

I feel that the challenges are pitched better than ever - I can work them out on my own (unlike VV4 where they were either so mundane and obvious as to make them pointless or completely obscure) and have plenty to keep me busy.

Others have complained about the converting of the last few mask wearers - saying it's boring and pointless. I am loving this aspect of the game. I completed all the challenges days ago but this is keeping me coming back. It also means that there have been challenging periods when my villagers have been hungry due to mask-wearers chasing them from the fish.

All in all, I like this a lot. It might be good for us all to remember when pundits accuse games designers of damaging the minds of children with images of violence that it is, after all, just a game.

P

Edited by PollyMT (01/18/11 12:38 PM)

#227948 - 01/19/11 03:44 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: VVFanatic]
invalidthirteen Offline
Adviser

Loc: The Next Shore Of Isola
Amazed and addicted as usual!
Of course I love it ! To handle those faceless villagers are quite challenging, but i like it. I like how it get more complex.

And sorry LDW, sorry to say this but....WE WANT MORE ! Please, next sequel? Don't tell us this is the final series of Virtual Villagers. We keep loving and loving it !

#228032 - 01/21/11 10:31 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: invalidthirteen]
crosstitcher Offline
Expert

Loc: w. Tn
I decided to try the TRIAL version, as I HAVE to wait til Dec.,2011 to get it, TRYING my hardest to persuade hubby in getting it 4 my b/d 3/3, and so far it is DIFFER from the others. And this one WILL BE a CHALLENGE.
So far it HASN'T shown up on my game site, Pogo, and was wondering, IF I purchase it thru here, will my private info be SECURE on this site? Also, how will it come thru on my credit card statement. When I purchase thru Pogo, it comes thru as EA.com I just want to know WHAT to look for on my credit card statement.
Once I buy it I THINK I will enjoy this one as much as I have the others. As hubby and I were talking the other nite about this NEWEST one, we was WONDERING what would or IF there would be another one, the FINAL Chapter would be called.
We thought of VV6: Rescued of the Villegers. Where they would ALL meet in the CENTER of Isola and discuss HOW to get OFF of Isola. OR they DECIDE to meet in the CENTER of Isola and COMBINED all the tribes together and become ONE Isola, like Hawaii, and become suffient enough to VENTURE to other islands to EXPAND in trading and do commerce with others.
As always, keep up the good work on your games.

Happy gaming. grin

Edited by crosstitcher (01/21/11 11:01 PM)
Edit Reason: Hit summit while typing.

#228036 - 01/22/11 01:43 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers?
gjkris Offline

Loc: Texas
I have bought and played all of the V V games. However, I must say I do not find this one to be the best. Top of the list is a random character - Moka that has reached the point of just being annoying. I don't want to be annoyed when I am playing a game. I have always hated to lose one of my characters to old age or diseases, etc. This character I would just like to kill. I am also not really comfortable with the theme of the game.

#228056 - 01/23/11 12:27 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: crosstitcher]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: crosstitcher
I decided to try the TRIAL version, as I HAVE to wait til Dec.,2011 to get it, TRYING my hardest to persuade hubby in getting it 4 my b/d 3/3, and so far it is DIFFER from the others. And this one WILL BE a CHALLENGE.
So far it HASN'T shown up on my game site, Pogo, and was wondering, IF I purchase it thru here, will my private info be SECURE on this site? Also, how will it come thru on my credit card statement. When I purchase thru Pogo, it comes thru as EA.com I just want to know WHAT to look for on my credit card statement.
Once I buy it I THINK I will enjoy this one as much as I have the others. As hubby and I were talking the other nite about this NEWEST one, we was WONDERING what would or IF there would be another one, the FINAL Chapter would be called.
We thought of VV6: Rescued of the Villegers. Where they would ALL meet in the CENTER of Isola and discuss HOW to get OFF of Isola. OR they DECIDE to meet in the CENTER of Isola and COMBINED all the tribes together and become ONE Isola, like Hawaii, and become suffient enough to VENTURE to other islands to EXPAND in trading and do commerce with others.
As always, keep up the good work on your games.

Happy gaming. grin

Yes, your private information is very well guarded when purchasing thru ldw.com. LDW uses PLIMUS to process credit card transactions.

Plimus.com is an Ecommerce leading company processing payments for vendors and authors of software, freeware, shareware, CD, DVD . shopping cart and credit cards processing. They are certified as McAfee Secure Site.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#228071 - 01/24/11 06:53 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: VVFanatic]
erindors Offline
Adviser

Too tough for me I luv the earlier VVs but this one is too hard for me I prefer the laid back way of previous games,Can I have my money back lol

#228110 - 01/25/11 02:25 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: ]
loisk Offline

I opted not to buy the game after playing most of the demo. I felt it became more of a time management game and felt rushed. The previous VV games seemed more relaxing and casual, aside from trying to keep the tribe fed at the beginning of each.
Also don't care for the masks or the fact that the tribe I picked out being kidnapped by masked villagers.
By comparison, 2,3,and 4 were the better games.
Will now wait and hope a VF 2 will come out.

#228115 - 01/25/11 08:19 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: loisk]
Green777 Offline

Its ok nearly completed all the puzzles,i have bought all other vv but i found its the same as the rest once you got a few techbnologies you can leave it running,Hate the mask idea seems like a delay tactic to make it last longer. I ask you since when would a grown up run away from a 5 year old? could have done with puzzles that could have been attempted from the start, not having to complete level 2 technologies.The whole set up is same old same old.Unless something Differnt is added to the next one i will not buy it, some was good the god spells but also thought working out which dyes to put in the pool was a joke
took a very short time

Page 12 of 19 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter