Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#223982 - 08/02/10 09:19 AM The Life Story of Kitty {VV4 Spoilers}
Casey Lynn Offline
Adviser

Loc: Wisconsin, US
Comments board will be up as soon as I get the chance. This is my first fan-fic posted on the forums, hope you like!

P.S. Might add pictures, if I get the time.

P.S.S. If you think you see some spelling errors where Kitty is talking in this first chapter, those aren't errors. She's three and I was trying to portray the way a three-year-old talks. My sisters all thought that I didn't actually know how to spell "fixed" when they read this. XD

Chapter One: The Origin of the Tribe

Kitty was just three years old, and stared with wide eyes at the vast ocean. She heard feet press softy into the sand behind her and turned to see her mother walking to her. She smiled and sat down next to Kitty, and for a minute or two they happily sat and listened to the light waves lick the sand. Her mother sighed and lay down on he back, “Kitty, do you know the story of this tribe?”

Kitty thought for a second and shook her head, “I didn’t know we had a stowy. The only stowies Unity tells is about the day they fixted the twee.”

Her mother laughed, “Unity likes that story best, as she was there. She tells it well, too.” She stopped laughing and turned her head to Kitty’s small body sitting in the sand. “Anyway, this story I’m about to tell you is a very important one, since you will be in charge some day.”

Kitty gasped and smiled, “You mean I get to be a leadew someday? Just like Great-Granny?”

“Yes,” Her mother said with another soft laugh, “when your great-grandma Sonnet dies, Granny Wren will become leader, and when she dies, I will. Then after me, you. And then someday, your first-born will become leader.”

“That’s a long time to wait!” Kitty said, not fully understanding this concept. It wasn’t quite sunken in that the passing of leadership in the tribe could only be marked by a death.

Her mother smiled, “It sounds that way, but before you know it, you’re grown up with kids of your own. Feels like just yesterday I was you.”

Kitty still didn’t really understand, but listened anyway. She liked her mother’s voice, it was as calm and soothing as the ocean. She lay back like her mother and stared up at the clouds as her mother began to tell the story.

“Almost two hundred years ago, there was a tribe. In that tribe there was a mighty chief, and he noticed that all of Isola’s wonders were slowly diminishing. He decided to select a band of villagers to find out why, and fix the problem. Those villagers were our ancestors, Acacia, Blithe, Celeste, Deja, and Earth. They’re the first ones buried in the Mausoleum, if you’ve ever looked.

“Anyway, these villagers traveled for many days and nights, before coming upon our village, where we live now. It wasn’t like it was now. It was dirty, and broken, and abandoned, and our beautiful banyan tree was near death. They knew that they had found the island’s source of problems and decided to stay long enough to heal it. They also decided that they would need a leader for this large project, and decided upon the chief’s daughter, Celeste. When Celeste died, the tribe panicked. They never thought they’d be gone long enough for the original five to die out. They appointed her first born son, Hawthorne, to be the new Leader.”

Kitty slipped halfway into sleep for the next part of the story. Her belly was full of warm fish stew, and the soothing ocean and warm sand was like a perfect lullaby. Her mother went on,

“Eventually, after many generations, the tree was fully restored. Unfortunately, the knowledge of the way back to the original tribe was lost forever, so we stayed. Maybe someday we will find a way back, but there’s no rush. It’s nice here, and this is where we’ve all grown up.”

Kitty drowsily nodded. Her mother looked over at her and smiled. She stood and brushed the sand from her dress. “Come on, honey. Let’s go back to the hut and get some sleep.” She scooped up Kitty in her arms and walked back to the hut as the sunset painted the sky behind them. Kitty faintly mumbled some unintelligible thanks, and fell into deep sleep.

The COMMENTS thread is located here.

Edited by Rockmower (08/03/10 12:41 AM)
Edit Reason: insert cross link

#224138 - 08/09/10 08:05 AM Re: The Life Story of Kitty {VV4 Spoilers} [Re: Casey Lynn]
Casey Lynn Offline
Adviser

After much editing, I give you chapter two! Ta-da!

Chapter 2: You know what they say about "Curiosity and Kittys..."

Five years later, Kitty awoke in the hut she shared with ten other people, including her mother and father. She rose from her cot and stretched before going to the clothing hut to get dressed into her day clothes. On the way there her father walked up to her,

“Kitty, get dressed quickly, okay? Your Granny Wren has called a village meeting.”

Kitty was a little confused, “But she’s not leader, Great Granny Sonnet is.”

“Just hurry, okay honey?” He hastily said.

“Okay.” Kitty said obediently, and ran off in the direction of the clothing hut.

When she got in she quickly grabbed her outfit and put it on. She combed her hair and sloppily tied it up in an orange ribbon. She ran out of the hut and to the village center, where the fire was located, and sat herself next to her mother and father. Everyone was absolutely silent, and her Granny Wren stood in front of them all wearing a garland of flowers on her head, like her great grandmother did.

“You may or may not be aware that this morning, my mother Sonnet has died.”

There was a little gasp from everyone in the crowd who was unaware of this news, including Kitty.

Her grandmother continued, “I, as her first born child, have inherited the leadership of the tribe, and am here to remind you that even in times of comfort such as these, we still need a leader to uphold the tribe’s morals and traditions. Knowing this, you are all dismissed back to your work.”

Kitty stood up along with everyone else. Her mother was about to go back to work, before realizing Kitty’s sloppily done whale spout.

“What have I told you about doing your own hair?” She said.

Kitty whined, “Papa told me to be quick!”

Her mother clicked her tongue and smiled, “Well, next time let me do it, now come on, lets fix that mess.”

Her mother walked her back to their hut and sat her sit on one of the cots. She rummaged through a little sack before finding her good whale-bone comb and began to undo her hair.

“Mama, why do I have to wait for you to die before I can be a leader?”

Her mother stopped for a second, a little shocked, before answering, “Because that’s just the way it is.”

“But I want you to see me when I’m leader!” Kitty said, a little distressed.

Her mother combed through her hair and tied it up before replying, “But I will see you, honey.” She turned Kitty’s head and kissed her on the cheek, “Okay?”

Kitty nodded, not asking how because she knew she’d just get another indirect answer.

“Now go run off and play, I need to get to work.” Her mother said, smiling.

Kitty nodded and ran out the door, looking for something to do. She saw the mausoleum and got an idea. She knew she wasn’t allowed in the mausoleum, and usually just rolled around in the dirt in front of it, (which really annoyed whoever was doing laundry that day.) But she wanted to go in and see all the leaders before her Granny.

She ran up the steps in front of the waterfall where the debris always builds up and tried not to be seen by the builders clearing it. She ran through the shallow end of the stream by the banyan tree and through the dirt she liked to play in so much. She saw the great, gaping mouth of the mausoleum, and couldn’t help but breathe in sharply. She stepping in, hoping not to be seen in the light of the torches covering it’s walls. She walked down the long hallway, her footsteps shattering the silence. Eventually she saw where the hallway split into two. One hallway was marked, “Leaders” the other “Villagers.”

Kitty chose the one that said leaders, and found that it was not a hallway, instead a large room with a high ceiling with gorgeous carvings covering almost every surface but the tombs. Each tomb was a large stone slab on the wall, with the former leader encased behind it. She looked at the names carved on each stone slab. The first was Celeste, the second Hawthorne, the only male leader the village had ever seen. The names just went down and down to Sonnet, Kitty’s great grandmother.

Out of nowhere, she heard footsteps. She became worried, knowing she could get into trouble, and tried to hide, but there was nothing she could slip behind. The footsteps stopped, and Kitty assumed that whoever was in there had decided to either leave, or went into the villager’s section of the mausoleum, so she ran quickly, trying to avoid getting caught. She stopped dead in her tracks, seeing someone in front of her that she had never seen before. She was a tall woman, with long black hair. She was emanating a white glow, and looked like something out of a different world.

“Who a-are you?” Kitty said, her voice nothing more than a whisper.

The woman smiled, “I’m Celeste, the first leader of your tribe, and I understand that you are to be the tenth, correct?”

Kitty was completely shocked, “W-well, yes. I will be when m-my mother d-dies.”

Celeste smiled wide, knelt down to Kitty’s height and whispered in her ear, “Don’t be afraid, dear child, for whenever you are in need of guidance, I will be here.”

And with that she was gone, blown away by an un felt wind. Kitty was amazed and afraid. She suddenly snapped back to reality and ran, back to her village where things were normal.

Edited by Rockmower (08/10/10 07:04 AM)

#224233 - 08/11/10 03:30 AM Re: The Life Story of Kitty {VV4 Spoilers} [Re: Casey Lynn]
Casey Lynn Offline
Adviser

Chapter 3: The Tides

Kitty was so awe stricken by the mysterious appearance of Celeste that she didn’t venture outside their hut for weeks. Her mother and father kept trying to get her out, and kept asking her what was wrong. Kitty never answered them. Eventually her parents decided that she must be sick because there’s no other reason that an eight-year-old would choose to stay in her hut all day. For the next two weeks she stayed inside thinking about Celeste.

Eventually she got bored, and ventured back out again. Within days she’d forgotten all about that day in the mausoleum and played freely with her friends again.

The time came when Kitty had grown too old for games, and it was now time to work. That day she awoke, knowing something special was going to happen. In their tribe, nothing was more important than your fourteenth birthday. It was the day when you were officially accepted and thought of as an adult. Kitty ran excitedly to the clothing hut and dressed in her favorite gown, the exact same shade as sunlight. Today she decided to leave her light brown hair down, just to do something different.

It was odd because she felt no older, and she looked no older either. She was just Kitty as she’d always been, and she might as well have still been thirteen. Kitty shook these thoughts from her head and walked up to the kitchen by the lab to see if anyone had started breakfast. No one was there but the researchers. They were bustling around and talking about things Kitty had ignored when learning in the nursery. It was odd, because normally her mother made breakfast for the tribe since she was so good at it, but she was nowhere to be found.

Kitty thought she might be at the beach, so she went to look. No one was there except for Harmony, her mother’s best friend. She was pacing back an forth, kicking up sand. She looked both worried and frustrated.

----
“What’s wrong?” Kitty asked.

Harmony said nothing, Kitty assumed she just didn’t hear her, so she spoke louder, “What’s wrong, Harmony?”

Harmony was startled out of her thoughts. ”Kitty, I'm worried about your mother.

“What?” Kitty yelled this time, “Tell me!”

Harmony didn’t stop pacing, “We saw this crate, and she thought it was something important. She said she was just going to swim out real quick and get it, but I told her not to, since the tide was about to pull out.”

“Who are you talking about?” Kitty asked, hoping that she would say it wasn’t her mother, even though she knew it was.

“Your mom.” Harmony said, “Try not to worry, please? She’s a good swimmer, better than anyone I know, she’ll be okay.”

Kitty looked out at the ocean and felt sadness wash over her, “So the tides, they pulled her off?”

Harmony nodded, “She’ll find her way back, I’m almost positive.”

“How can anyone find their way home in an ocean?” Kitty asked.

“Please Kitty, your mother is smart, she’ll be ok. I'm sure of it."

Kitty ran away, angry and upset, she ran to the mausoleum, not knowing what she was looking for at first. Then she realized what was in the mausoleum, Celeste. She knew that she was looking for some of the guidance that Celeste had promised her six years ago.

She breathed heavily, and walked into the mausoleum quietly knowing this was the place to get answers. Eventually she reached the leader’s room.

Kitty was silent for a long time. Eventually she yelled out, “Help me, my mother…she’s gone.”

Noting happened for several minutes, and Kitty was worried that Celeste had never existed, that is was just a dream all along. Eventually Kitty decided she wasn’t going to come, so she began to walk out of the elaborately decorated room. She heard a voice from behind her, "Hello Kitty."

Kitty turned around and saw the tall, ghostly woman.

“Celeste?” She asked.

She nodded, “Yes, it’s me.”

“Why did you take so long I was standing here forever.” Kitty said.

Celeste smiled, “Even spirits have things to do.”

“So my mama, is she okay? Will I ever see her again?”

“Well, tell me what happened first.” Celeste answered.

Kitty was stunned, “You mean, you don’t know? I thought you knew everything.”

“Wisdom and knowledge are two totally different things.” Celeste replied, “So please tell me what happened so I can help you.”

“The tides swept her out.” Kitty answered.

Celeste nodded and thought for a bit before speaking, “She should be alive, as long as she doesn’t fight the current.”

“Current?” Kitty asked.

“Yes,” Celeste answered, “there is a current that starts here, and leads to our original tribe. She’ll end up there.”

“Original tribe? You mean, the one that you and your friends came from, right?”

Celeste nodded.

“How do you know?” Kitty asked, hoping it was true and not just someone’s attempt to calm her down.

Celeste looked around, “The tribe that was here before us, knew a lot about Isola. They carved a map of the whole island, currents and all, on these walls.”

“So I could even find the way to her?” Kitty said hopefully, “If she’s alive, she be there, and the map could show me to her?”

Celeste nodded, “Yes, yes, but you can’t go now, you are just fourteen and you don’t have the resources or support of the tribe, wait until you’re leader.”

“But she’s my mama, I have to go save her.”

Celeste smiled, “And you will, but until then she will be fine with my tribe.”

Worry not, for your mother will be well taken care of in my tribe. She will be welcomed back like a queen, she is the descendant of me and my brave friends who had left to save the island.”

Kitty nodded, a little disappointed, she wanted to know, already curiosity ate at her insides. She had to know what had become of her dear mother. She thanked Celeste graciously and went back to her hut to think and plan. She was going to meet her people, and she was going to be a hero.

Edited by Rockmower (09/07/10 10:41 AM)
Edit Reason: content & spelling

#227705 - 01/15/11 05:03 AM Re: The Life Story of Kitty {VV4 & VV5 Spoilers} [Re: Casey Lynn]
Casey Lynn Offline
Adviser

The very long awaited fourth chapter! Hope you guys like it!
note: There's going to be some VV5 spoilers from here on out, so beware!

Chapter Four: A Path

“Leader! Leader Kitty wake up!”

Kitty opened her eyes drowsily and began to mutter, “What, what do you—”

“The elders have called a meeting and you’re needed now.” Said the person.

Kitty opened her eyes wider and saw who it was. Thorn. He was the tribe’s best scientist and arguably the smartest man on the island, though he never seemed to like talking. He was tall and stick thin, with short red hair and eyes the color of the leaves in the summertime.

“Okay okay, thanks for telling me.” Kitty replied, propping herself up on the cot with one sleepy arm.

Thorn nodded curtly and walked off, most likely towards the science lab. Kitty sighed, and pushed herself up out of bed. It had been 11 years since the disappearance of her mother, and for five of them Kitty had led the tribe. It had been running fairly smoothly, Kitty never had to do too much, since the village was pretty happy, healthy, and well fed. She was living a very happy life, and even had a baby that lay in a cradle next to her cot at that very moment, but there was one time, exactly one year ago, where things had gone amiss.

It was like any day, sunny and beautiful, but Kitty had noticed that many of her villagers had a small cough. Everyone just associated it to a mild seasonal cold, but a day later half the population had been gone. The healers didn’t know what it was or how it happened. They tried their best, but nothing worked. Celeste didn’t even know what happened. It had never happened before, and it hadn’t happened since. Some say it was a omen that worse is to come, others called it a freak accident. Kitty didn’t know or care about what to call it, all she cared about was that it had taken half her village, and her baby’s father. The worst part was that some people who also didn’t know what to think blamed Kitty, and she had those fingers pointing at her, even now. She was the youngest leader in the tribes history and people saw that as inexperience and irresponsibility.

Kitty grabbed the whale bone comb that had once been her mother's and began to brush her hair. When she was done she scooped up her small baby from the blankets and went to the fire at the center of the village. The tribal elders huddled around it, quietly discussing something.

“Hello, Miss Catherine.” croaked Unity, the former storyteller. She was by far the oldest woman in the village by now, and not exactly her kind storytelling self anymore.

Kitty sat down and spoke quietly, “It’s missus, and you can call me Kitty.”

“Anyway,” Started an elderly man, “There is a far more important matter at hand.”

Others nodded.

“We found something.” The man finished.

“Like what?” Kitty asked, wondering what it could be that was so important.

A woman, maybe in her fifties spoke, “Rita and Arrow found a path at the edge of the village.”

Rita and Arrow. Rita was 12 with blond hair and blue eyes, always wearing something pink. She loved to splash in puddles and run around outside when it rained, though she refused to ever eat anything except blackberries. Arrow, a small eight year old boy with big eyes, short brown hair and a blue headband. He loved stories, especially the ones about adventures, though no one dared tell him any, for fear that he’d go out and try them himself. They did everything together, including getting in mischief.

“That’s great! I bet it’s the one back to the original tribe on the North shore!” Kitty jumped to her feet, causing the baby to jolt awake and start crying.

“Oh oh…” Kitty muttered as she sat back down and tried to calm the baby.

Unity muttered, “We must exercise caution. We know you are anxious to go exploring, but consider for a moment. You are still nursing, and are also young and a bit careless at times. You tend to make decisions based more on emotion than on rational thought.”

Kitty looked at all the elders, and began to feel uneasy. “But I’m the leader, and she’s my mother, and the baby’s granny! I can’t just not go now that I have a way!”

Kitty looked down and bit her lip, thinking a long time before speaking. Unity was right, but she still had to try for her mother.

“You don’t even know if she’s at the north shore. We all think it would be best to just fence off the path and forget this ever happened.” Said the old woman.

Kitty stood up. “What if you choose a search party to go with me? There would be strength, and caution in a group. Would you do that, at least?”

It was silent for a while, and the old man spoke, “Yes.”

“Thank you! Thank you so much! Kitty bent down and hugged the old man, and the baby even stopped crying, sensing her mother’s glee.

“I’m going to see her! I’m going to find my mother!” Kitty sang, skipping all the way back to her hut to pack.

Edited by Rockmower (01/16/11 11:44 PM)
Edit Reason: grammar & spelling mostly

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter