Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 74 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186928 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 10 of 19 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#227506 - 01/11/11 11:46 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Cindy522]
Cindy522 Offline

I also have to say --- I love the series, I love the real-time... I love everyone in the house saying "lets check the people" when they first wake up, and "how are the people?" as they come home from school/work.

I work from home, but had to be away for many hours yesterday. I was thinking about getting back to my people!

A woman I hired to do some work in my house was here today and saw it. She said "Oh, you have a village too" (a house she did some work in yesterday was playing as well). NEAT!

Ive found NOTHING comparable anywhere. Great job. thank you for continuing to come out with more. Im so on your side.

These are some of the only games we BUY for the PC. I have a shockwave account, and it will be available there eventually... but we choose to support LDW and pay for the game.

#227509 - 01/12/11 01:01 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: mmc]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted By: mmc
I love how the children sit next to the heathen master farmer and builder and comfort them.

I love those little touches too mmc smile In RL, kids can be very sensitive and caring. We all need a little gentleness from time to time and I find it in all of the LDW games.

I think that is what the LDW games are all about - enjoying a game while appreciating the things that our little peeps do that we see in real life. laugh laugh

#227526 - 01/12/11 02:36 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: TheGnome]
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
I like the debate (as long as it stays very civil). During testing we did have some pretty lively debates about some of the terms used in the game, but things like "God Power" never came up on radar, probably because it is a very well-established gaming term in "God Games" of all types.

The word 'heathen' was more grey, and has bad associations historically, even though the literal definition of the word, perhaps, does not.

On a final note (for now), I don't mind that the game is causing discussions and debates. I would rather make an interesting creative work than a bland, vanilla one. If you want to match gems or flip real-estate in a gaming environment, completely free of any chance of any potential moral grey area, those games are out there. Our games have always been about life in all of its beauty and glory, but also about loss and its meaning and impact.

#227533 - 01/12/11 03:26 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Arthur]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted By: Arthur
Our games have always been about life in all of its beauty and glory, but also about loss and its meaning and impact.

Bravo Arthur!! You have all managed to do just that!!! laugh :GIVES THREE CHEERS:

#227560 - 01/12/11 04:44 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: sgreen37]
Omega Offline

I think the game was great until the end...converting the last heathens.

The villagers have no purpose other than farming or healing, and it's boring!

#227575 - 01/12/11 08:23 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: LadyCFII]
geneon3rd Offline
Adviser

love the game

#227622 - 01/13/11 10:24 AM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Omega]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
The villagers have no purpose other than farming or healing, and it's boring!

What is the purpose of life? cool

#227624 - 01/13/11 12:01 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Arthur]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
I enjoyed the challenges set out in the game. Completing the game was rather anticlimactic. Had expected the 'filthy encampment' to become more than a just a passing through area!

#227632 - 01/13/11 05:26 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: Vampess]
Ptuny Offline
Adviser

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I think that what is important here, is that THIS IS A GAME!
As all are aware, all of LDAW games are very family oriented.
Even the forum is run so any child can read here without a parents guidance.
And yes, a while back I had a post removed because it advocated the Villiagers stealing (Taking back what was rightfully theirs.)
And, yes, I understood the reasoning behind this.
We can look for religious connotations, or play it as intended by the designers.
I saw the hand as the major power, and feel that there is no put down to Heathens/Christians alike.
Not since the very first do we see anywhere that LDAW has produced a game that purposely belittles or defies the tenets of religion.
There are countless religions out there, and someone somewhere is going to intentionally look for and be offended by something in every game.
Lighten up and enjoy playing.
If you find the game offensive, stop playing it, delete it and find one of the unrealistic killing and shoot'em up games to play. They (Most other games) have nothing that offends any religion with the exception of death and carnage.
~~Kathleen
Who owns her words.

#227647 - 01/13/11 09:54 PM Re: So what do you think of VV5 New Believers? [Re: VVFanatic]
jewels_36 Offline

Loc: u.s.
wasnt sure i would like it at first but after about 20 minutes of playing,I feel in love with it,just like the rest of them,lol.

Page 10 of 19 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter